Jurassic Mods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JPOG 2- different than original project; Indev

+20
Dark_Ansem
DinoMan314
Zapattack1234
megaspino2
Masiakasaurus
MrGorsh
rultyranus
CaliforniaKingsnake
Dani95
Merse
PPChannel
Djmello
StealthTheKiller
MeGusta
jfgoofy
Majeed27
JoseNt
Ryo
Utahraptor999
raptorclaw
24 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

What is the maximum amount you will pay for JPOG 2?

JPOG 2- different than original project; Indev Vote_lcap0%JPOG 2- different than original project; Indev Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
JPOG 2- different than original project; Indev Vote_lcap0%JPOG 2- different than original project; Indev Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
JPOG 2- different than original project; Indev Vote_lcap8%JPOG 2- different than original project; Indev Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
JPOG 2- different than original project; Indev Vote_lcap15%JPOG 2- different than original project; Indev Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 2 ]
JPOG 2- different than original project; Indev Vote_lcap77%JPOG 2- different than original project; Indev Vote_rcap 77% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

JPOG 2- different than original project; Indev Empty JPOG 2- different than original project; Indev

Post  raptorclaw Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:40 pm

I've read many posts saying that people would like a JPOG 2. And the original project failed, probably because they were over their heads on it. However, I've taken interest in creating a new game using the latest JPOG technological discoveries and I will bring it as close to an open source game as possible.

The game will still use the original game's engine, design, and a majority of it's features, but lot's of new additions will be included. The most notable feature missing will be the user generated island; the islands have already been generated. The reason for this is for us to include unique DLCs and other features into the game. If an island is messed up, I'm including the island's original file in the download for DLCs and the game's download.

I am enlisting the help of professional skinners; if you're interested in helping, please PM me.

The features that I am going to add are:

-13 default species and their gender varieties, including Tyrannosaurus, both raptor species, and a map exclusive dinosaur: Tarbosaurus
-3 unique maps:
-Isla Nublar; the original Jurassic park. Build your park and keep the tourists safe!
-Isla Sorna; create a population of wild dinosaurs and watch them flourish.
-Dead Island; a mysterious island of zombie dinosaurs. Uses a different island skin and texture

-Many new buildings including extraction chambers, decorations, and removed features.
-Improved dinosaurs; watch dinosaurs fight, live, and hunt differently
-Better visitors; visitors will have a much better look than their old, uh, gross look.
-DLCs that will include new dinosaurs, skins, buildings, and maps.

Many more features will be added to the list, but I want YOUR ideas.
raptorclaw
raptorclaw
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Back to top Go down

JPOG 2- different than original project; Indev Empty Re: JPOG 2- different than original project; Indev

Post  Utahraptor999 Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:59 am

oo make 2 terrain folders 1 new terrain and 1 old i have a weak graphic card and make it that dinos can be compaliable with medium terrain quality
Utahraptor999
Utahraptor999
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

JPOG 2- different than original project; Indev Empty Hm...

Post  Ryo Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:08 pm

Is it possible to make the dinosaurs breed and lay eggs, while there is a constant battle that requires (usually) a family of two adults+ to keep the eggs warm and out of danger?

Ryo
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

JPOG 2- different than original project; Indev Empty Re: JPOG 2- different than original project; Indev

Post  raptorclaw Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:11 pm

Ryo wrote:Is it possible to make the dinosaurs breed and lay eggs, while there is a constant battle that requires (usually) a family of two adults+ to keep the eggs warm and out of danger?
No, nobody has ever been able to make breeding possible. The only way to make baby dinosaurs is through the poop mod, the only mod that makes giant raptors and pet sauropods.
raptorclaw
raptorclaw
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Back to top Go down

JPOG 2- different than original project; Indev Empty Dang.

Post  Ryo Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:12 pm

raptorclaw wrote:
Ryo wrote:Is it possible to make the dinosaurs breed and lay eggs, while there is a constant battle that requires (usually) a family of two adults+ to keep the eggs warm and out of danger?
No, nobody has ever been able to make breeding possible. The only way to make baby dinosaurs is through the poop mod, the only mod that makes giant raptors and pet sauropods.

Hm, okay, what files would be required to make breeding possible that aren't around?

Ryo
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

Post  raptorclaw Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:25 pm

Ryo wrote:
raptorclaw wrote:

Hm, okay, what files would be required to make breeding possible that aren't around?
All of them Very Happy
raptorclaw
raptorclaw
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Back to top Go down

JPOG 2- different than original project; Indev Empty Double dang.

Post  Ryo Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:28 pm

Okay, then. How about controlling dinosaurs? Wait, you tried that. I wondered briefly if you could switch AI of dinosaur and Jeep, but extensive coding is likely needed. How about making the male dinosaurs smaller than females for some and vise versa for others? In The Lost World Novel, there was kind of an emphasis on the Male T-rex being smaller than his honey.

Ryo
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

Post  raptorclaw Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:49 pm

Ryo wrote:Okay, then. How about controlling dinosaurs? Wait, you tried that. I wondered briefly if you could switch AI of dinosaur and Jeep, but extensive coding is likely needed. How about making the male dinosaurs smaller than females for some and vise versa for others? In The Lost World Novel, there was kind of an emphasis on the Male T-rex being smaller than his honey.
If you switch the AI of the dinosaur and the jeep, visitors would ride in it, the dinosaur will run out of gas, and it's legs would be stiff and motionless. And models can only be edited primitively by replacing it's usual body part with another dinosaur's. Etc: the Tarbosaurus is a Carcharodontosaurus with a tyrannosaurus' arms.
raptorclaw
raptorclaw
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Back to top Go down

JPOG 2- different than original project; Indev Empty Triple Dang.

Post  Ryo Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:54 pm

raptorclaw wrote:
Ryo wrote:Okay, then. How about controlling dinosaurs? Wait, you tried that. I wondered briefly if you could switch AI of dinosaur and Jeep, but extensive coding is likely needed. How about making the male dinosaurs smaller than females for some and vise versa for others? In The Lost World Novel, there was kind of an emphasis on the Male T-rex being smaller than his honey.
If you switch the AI of the dinosaur and the jeep, visitors would ride in it, the dinosaur will run out of gas, and it's legs would be stiff and motionless. And models can only be edited primitively by replacing it's usual body part with another dinosaur's. Etc: the Tarbosaurus is a Carcharodontosaurus with a tyrannosaurus' arms.
The problems with the game models, is that because the files are hard to edit, and can't be given drastic changes without being unusable because of the game files? Anyway, is it possible to make the dinosaurs LOOK like they're growing from infancy to adulthood? Doubtful, but if it is possible, then hatchery could make adorable baby dinosaurs. Again, doubtful.

Ryo
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

Post  raptorclaw Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:14 pm

Ryo wrote:
raptorclaw wrote:
The problems with the game models, is that because the files are hard to edit, and can't be given drastic changes without being unusable because of the game files? Anyway, is it possible to make the dinosaurs LOOK like they're growing from infancy to adulthood? Doubtful, but if it is possible, then hatchery could make adorable baby dinosaurs. Again, doubtful.
Yes, but again through the poop mod, which I will not use due to it's randomness. There is a mod that makes the dinosaurs sizes vary, but they grow back to the original size when the game is reloaded.
raptorclaw
raptorclaw
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Back to top Go down

JPOG 2- different than original project; Indev Empty All right.

Post  Ryo Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:19 pm

Okay, then how about updated visitor mindset and date of the playtime? So, when you start an island, it will automatically say 2013. And your visitors will bring phones, take pictures with them, and take the pictures home. (This is implied.) But, seeing as there is no new animations, i'd say the second one is impossibru.

Ryo
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

Post  raptorclaw Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:11 pm

The first one I can do in 10 seconds. The second one is impossible.
raptorclaw
raptorclaw
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Back to top Go down

JPOG 2- different than original project; Indev Empty Alright.

Post  Ryo Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:14 pm

raptorclaw wrote:The first one I can do in 10 seconds. The second one is impossible.
Okay, then, I am out of suggestions.

Ryo
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

Post  JoseNt Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:11 pm

Are you considering to change the way the virtual time flows in the game?
I personally consider that the months in the game are way too long for some specific things (for instance the minimum 1month research in the lab), and thus I always thought that the time periods should be of half a month, and not a full month, for instance it would be nice to have a faster passing for the change in weather. Then again, I may be the only one thinking that. Of course, even if this would indicate a bigger variation in weather conditions, less twisters would be nice xD.
And "huzza" for the decision to change the aspect of visitors.

JoseNt
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

JPOG 2- different than original project; Indev Empty I agree.

Post  Ryo Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:20 pm

Mostly with: Less twisters.

Ryo
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

Post  raptorclaw Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:49 am

Both are possible, but Ryo's is a bit tricky. I'll look into them.

Currently I'm planning and testing the game to see what I can do with it. The game can handle removed original dinosaurs and today I'm going to test if it can cope with removed fossil sites.
raptorclaw
raptorclaw
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Back to top Go down

JPOG 2- different than original project; Indev Empty Okay.

Post  Ryo Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:53 am

Alright.

Ryo
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

Post  raptorclaw Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:38 pm

Apparently I did something wrong with the fossil site. I'll try to fix them later.
raptorclaw
raptorclaw
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  JoseNt Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:18 pm

Hey, I think I just had another not awfull idea.
It's another little nitpicking, but do you think it makes sense to keep in the visitor helicopters the fact that they scare dinossaurs? I mean, for the ranger copters, I think it's natural, since they are mostly used for "agressive" and "invasive", and let's be honest, missions without that factor wouldn't be challenging at all. So when you use a ranger copter you can simply pilot it yourself and choose the flying path for minor secondary damage.
On another note, it is impossible to determine the "civilian" helicopters path. I for instance, once had a big "stress" problem in my park. Thanks to the changes with your mod v.10., I decide to make a enormous park in the which basically, all the "tourist" area was in the middle of the island, and all the dinossaurs in the outer parts (in what comes to space it actually is an interesting option, and I thought it to be funny to make it so it looks more like the visitors are the ones cadged instead of the dinossaurs (anyway...)) the problem is that the tourist-copters caused big stress in my dinosaurs, and I even had some dino-rampages caused by that factor. So yeah, maybe it's just me trying to make the game way more easy, but I don't think that the non-ranger helicopters should be such a source of stress.

In another un related note, would it be to much to ask you to spoil us about the new dinossaurs identities?

JoseNt
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

Post  raptorclaw Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:35 am

For the first thing; I'll look into it.

And the dinosaurs that will make a reappearance in the base maps are:

Tyrannosaurus
Velociraptor ( Subspecies vary between Nublar and Sorna)
Stegosaurus
Triceratops
Brachiosaurus
Gallimimus
Parasaurolophus
Dilophosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Camarasaurus
Dryosaurus
Pachycephalesaurus

And the new dinosaur will be Tarbosaurus.

The dinosaurs that will appear on Dead Island will be:

Tyrannosaurus
Velociraptor
Triceratops
Stegosaurus
Camarasaurus.

Dead Island dinosaurs will use their dead skin.

Edit: I decided that I'm going to add a bonus dinosaur. I'm not telling you what it is though :P
raptorclaw
raptorclaw
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  raptorclaw Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:32 pm

A little bit of a bump because nobody's posted for a few days, but mainly, I want to announce 2 features confirmed for JPOG 2; skies and fish! And anyone who wants to "preorder" and get updates on the progress of the mod, just say "preorder". Anyone who preorders will also get an extra dinosaur, compsognathus, to their park. So that's 15 species already without the DLCs on one map(more than I'm going to add on any other map)!
raptorclaw
raptorclaw
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Back to top Go down

JPOG 2- different than original project; Indev Empty PREORDER!

Post  Ryo Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:34 pm

Preorder. Unless it will cost me money to preorder.

Ryo
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

Post  raptorclaw Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:28 pm

No. The game and preordering is free. I was originally going to charge money for it, but I had a "screw it" moment and decided not to. The poll is still up because I want to see how much people love the idea. 3/4 voted "Just shut up and take my money".
raptorclaw
raptorclaw
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Back to top Go down

JPOG 2- different than original project; Indev Empty Awesome.

Post  Ryo Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:33 pm

Cool! Will this be provided as a mod for the original JP:OG, or as a brand new folder/file/game?

Ryo
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

Post  raptorclaw Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:54 pm

Brand new if I can find a file uploader that allows large files (Damn you filebeam, you're easiest to work with!). I have no intention in making it a mod for the original game though.
raptorclaw
raptorclaw
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next