Jurassic Mods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What killed the dinosaurs?

+11
WalkingWithDinosaursMan
Spinosaurus hunter
Shadow Raptor444
Raptorlover
Nova
Gopher
Raging Raptor
thegrimmshow
Titaniumsaurus-rex
Darth_Spino
Allosaurus571
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What killed the dinosaurs? - Page 2 Empty Re: What killed the dinosaurs?

Post  Raging Raptor Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:15 pm

and during droughts, they may have not been able to survive on the scarce amount of water, wheras the crocs are able to survive in small amounts of water.
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

What killed the dinosaurs? - Page 2 Empty dino exint

Post  Darth_Spino Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:09 pm

Raging Raptor wrote:and during droughts, they may have not been able to survive on the scarce amount of water, wheras the crocs are able to survive in small amounts of water.
Crocodiles unlike plesiosaurs (maybe) could move over land and can servive on a meal (if its big) for almost a year. crocs Rule!
Darth_Spino
Darth_Spino
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nova Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:25 am

Allosaurus571 wrote:They were larger than the crocs, so they need more food.
Not always, there are several smaller species

Droughts do not influence the ocean to a major degree (which is where they all lived).

How do you know plesiosaurs couldn't survive on a meal for over a year?
Nova
Nova
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

What killed the dinosaurs? - Page 2 Empty dinos

Post  Darth_Spino Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:27 am

that is true. there is still a lot we don't know.
Darth_Spino
Darth_Spino
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:55 pm

but the majority of the population is larger, so naturally they would die out first. Even if there is a smaller species of plesiasaur that we do not know of, they obviously did not succeed in surviving.
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Nova Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:03 pm

Obviously they didn't succeed. The question is, why? A meteor, alone, doesn't cover it. Just saying "they died out" isn't an explanation
Nova
Nova
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:56 pm

touche.

i was just giving a basic idea lol.

welp i realy thought i could explain what could happen.

then i tried to do it at church.

omg they had a fit. they said such vague things it wasnt funny.

my teacher '
they never went extinct. there WHERE dinosaurs in the begining of time when there was Adam and Eve and God Created everything, but they evolved by the time the Ark was built.

and thats my local church wich i have gone to since i was 4, literaly,4. so i couldnt say that was scientifically an amazingly foolish thing to say, but i know them, and im doing my Senior Project there someday. So i shut up and complained on Yahoo! answers lol.
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Nova Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:33 am

they never went extinct. there WHERE dinosaurs in the begining of time when there was Adam and Eve and God Created everything, but they evolved by the time the Ark was built.
The rest of the Christian world can reconcile sense and religion, why not here?
Its a contradiction in itself. There were dinosaurs in the beginning, but they evolved later as well?
Nova
Nova
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:06 am

i have no clue. That was a quote from my Church instructor.
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Raptorlover Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:15 am

A combination of things, like Volcanic Activity, Cooling tempararure, and the "Last Straw" was that f*#king meteorite! But actually, Dinosaurs were never killed, Birds are a branch of the theropods family tree, which means that Dinosaurs are out and about even today.
Raptorlover
Raptorlover
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

Post  Raptorlover Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:21 am

Nova wrote:Why did sharks survive, but icthyosaurs die out?
Icthyosaurs, had already gone extinct by the time the KT extinction started, 65 mya, Icthyosaurs however died out 90 mya, when mosasaurs outcompeted them.
Raptorlover
Raptorlover
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow Raptor444 Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:55 pm

i believe that it was a mixture of the meteorite and plants that might have been the cause. as everyone knows, scientist believe that a meteorite hit the planet, but that doesnt necessarily mean that it is the main reason. what if, when the meteorite hit it cause a stirring in the earths plants, this caused them to react all over the world and cause most of the things scientist believe factored in the possible extinction of the dino. no man knows what a plant can truely do due to the fact that a plant can just as easily change as we can talk or walk. so there is nothing to say that plants couldnt have done something like release toxins and other things. this would also explain y many of the animals that lived in the water survived since nothing a plant can really affect the water unless it has a specially adaption in it like the diseases of our races ages.

Shadow Raptor444
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Spinosaurus hunter Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:26 pm

I think that there are many factors to count when talking about the dinosaur extintion. Most people says that it was caused by the yucatan meteor, but I have another theory. Just as in JP2 novel says, there might be a non-evriomental problem. If not, why did the dinosaur extinton began befor the impact of the meteor? Before the meteor many types of dinosaurs where extint. Maybe a change in their behaivour, like it says in JP2, or another thing unknow at the time. In that times prior to the K-T limit also in a region near India there was a massive volcanic activity. Then there was a meteor impact somewhere that I don't remember. The sea life was stressing, the ecosistems were weak, and finally the meteor that impacted in Yucatan ended them definitly.
Spinosaurus hunter
Spinosaurus hunter
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkingWithDinosaursMan Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:41 pm

The World change every year.
The Animals who can change alive.
But the Animals who can't died all.
Example:
Synapsides weren't so fast and inteligent as dinosaurs.So they died all.
allosaurus was not able to live with the weather, that becames colder and colder every year.But Raptors were smaller, faster and more inteligent as allosaurus.(152million years ago)
dinosaurs must live in their eggs, for weeks....But mamals are free and able to live when they are born.
big mamals, that live 10000 years ago died all, because weather became warmer and live harder..
Human is an new spezies , who lives only 4million years..
We don't died, because we are very inteligent and can live in every region of the world...
But i think...
We will kill all the other animals and will destroy our planet with all the factorys and the CO2 that we need for cars,planes....
One Day the human will died and an other spezies will live on the earth...
Every Spezies will died one day...because...
No Spezies is perfect for the earth...
Not the dinosaurs, not the mamals and not the human ...

Sorry for my bad english...I'm German...
If you read the sentences carefull you will understand i hope ;D

Last edited by WalkingWithDinosaursMan on Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
WalkingWithDinosaursMan
WalkingWithDinosaursMan
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Clonehunter Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:26 am

Raging Raptor wrote:
Darth_Spino wrote:Ugh...So dumb... I mean dinos evloved into birds.

i somewhat agree Very Happy

More evolution huh? Here it is agian, ROLL TAPE! SHUT UP!!!!!

Clonehunter
Clonehunter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:21 pm

lol. my theory i made up myself is that i beleive that, yes, a meteor DID occure, but it was not the cause of a mass extinction. i beleive it just caused drastic changes in the enviroment.Some dinos addapted, some didnt. And the ones that made it, had to undergo major changes, under a great deal of stress and confusion, wich is, in my opinion, the Spark of evolution. When an animals entire species is under stress, confusion, and undergoing heavy changes, will cause them to start to evolve into something well-equipt to their ecosystem. They learned, grew, and thrived as they slowly evolved into the everyday creatures we see today. its a short theory that i could make a huge paragraph outta, but thats the basic idea of my theory.

EDIT

i believe that it was a mixture of the meteorite and plants that might have been the cause. as everyone knows, scientist believe that a meteorite hit the planet, but that doesnt necessarily mean that it is the main reason. what if, when the meteorite hit it cause a stirring in the earths plants, this caused them to react all over the world and cause most of the things scientist believe factored in the possible extinction of the dino. no man knows what a plant can truely do due to the fact that a plant can just as easily change as we can talk or walk. so there is nothing to say that plants couldnt have done something like release toxins and other things. this would also explain y many of the animals that lived in the water survived since nothing a plant can really affect the water unless it has a specially adaption in it like the diseases of our races ages.

hehe well you are forgetting that there is just about the same amount, if not more, plantlife in the oceans and bodies of water that are probobly more capable of evolution than we can begin to comprehend. The earths crust, is usually the same. The only thing that changes, changes slowwwlllyyy ever so slowly due to erosion. Other than weather, and man made changes, when we look out the window its all pretty much the same. nothing new, wich is basically why we invented the televisijon, to simulate a changing enviroment around us for stimulation, but, the ocean floor and underwater areas are eroding, rocks shooting up and slowly growing into a new look. If we had houses on the ocean floor, the landscape would change more in 1 month than it would 1 year in an average neighborhood, wich is why underwater, in my opinion, is something that throws out new changes in the ecosystem everyday, because of its delicate life circulation, MANY adaptations must be constantly made, wich is basically evolution summed up somehow in a way Darwin could not begin to understand. So the plesiosaur thrived so long, aswell as the crocodile and shark. Why? their ancestors where so used to changes, that they had no problem evolving to live in our world today.

THat is my 2nd theory, wich came out of my common sense
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:27 pm

I have a great guess well in the bible it says there will be a meteor that hits one of the oceans befor jesus returns well maybe there was a whole other world befor this and destroyed maybe it is repeteing the process? Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:28 pm

Very Happy Very Happy VERY nice guess! Very Happy Very Happy But that would be suggesting that evolution literally re-started, we evolved to humans, went extinct, repeat. That is almost impossible unless there was some kind of creation happening, wich we now know as false.
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:24 pm

You never now it is a good guess you don't now either none of us now we will never now we can guess but never now just like science it can never ever be proved only guessed.

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:30 am

Very true! But we can narrow down, and eliminate wrong answers, such as the "exploding volcano" theory. That would be impossible, or our earths crust would have evidence left over, such as continents and continents and oceans still layered with igneous.
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Gopher Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:40 pm

Raging Raptor wrote:Very Happy Very Happy VERY nice guess! Very Happy Very Happy But that would be suggesting that evolution literally re-started, we evolved to humans, went extinct, repeat. That is almost impossible unless there was some kind of creation happening, wich we now know as false.

WE don't know. We guess. Evolutionists make the illusion so real that people start to believe it their way. I don't.

hehe well you are forgetting that there is just about the same amount, if not more, plantlife in the oceans and bodies of water that are probobly more capable of evolution than we can begin to comprehend. The earths crust, is usually the same. The only thing that changes, changes slowwwlllyyy ever so slowly due to erosion. Other than weather, and man made changes, when we look out the window its all pretty much the same. nothing new, wich is basically why we invented the televisijon, to simulate a changing enviroment around us for stimulation, but, the ocean floor and underwater areas are eroding, rocks shooting up and slowly growing into a new look. If we had houses on the ocean floor, the landscape would change more in 1 month than it would 1 year in an average neighborhood, wich is why underwater, in my opinion, is something that throws out new changes in the ecosystem everyday, because of its delicate life circulation, MANY adaptations must be constantly made, wich is basically evolution summed up somehow in a way Darwin could not begin to understand. So the plesiosaur thrived so long, aswell as the crocodile and shark. Why? their ancestors where so used to changes, that they had no problem evolving to live in our world today.

Oh, and, there are insects that look EXACTLY---down to the last coarse hair--- look like the ones today. They didn't thrive in the sea. More proof.
Gopher
Gopher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:45 pm

Hmmm didnt know that! We justt started learning evolution in school so hopefully il learn more about it.

EDIT< And also, gopher, you proove my point. They are EXACTLY the same......and didnt live in the sea. Most things in the sea are the things to evolve. The alligaters DID infact evolve. They just didnt need to. They where well adapted---not perfectly adapted though, so evolution took charge and evolved them. Things that you say never evolved ONE TINCY BIT, may or may not be true. Like the Cockroach, who could survive a nuclear wipeout, may have APPEARED THE SAME, but i am posotive it would have acted different, so indeed, its insides/hormones evolved.

Last edited by Raging Raptor on Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cunfuzzed Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:50 am

Gopher wrote:
Raging Raptor wrote:Very Happy Very Happy VERY nice guess! Very Happy Very Happy But that would be suggesting that evolution literally re-started, we evolved to humans, went extinct, repeat. That is almost impossible unless there was some kind of creation happening, wich we now know as false.

WE don't know. We guess. Evolutionists make the illusion so real that people start to believe it their way. I don't.
Really? I didn't know we had so much influence.

And yes, we do pretty much know what happened.

cunfuzzed
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:38 am

PRETTY MUCH_ just a polite way of saying "have no clue." We wont EVER know what happened, all we can do is make better and better inferences (guesses) and narrow down the theories that are completely wrong.
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:22 am

I agree totaly RR here are my reasons one we didn't live when they did maybe ah I can't say that I guess we might of two what are you someone who can travel through time of course your not three we can only guess we aren't even close this is how close we are 0.0 percent so stop thinking your a now it all you don't now everything for crying out loud it's stupit to even say that duh what do ya now ya now whats happening now and what happened when you lived that is what ya now ya don't now anything when you don't exsist ok four never say that again that is dumb to say we all now that we only have guesses nothing else no proof five science is only guess when it comes to what happened in the past science can only be proof if it is happening now not even the most accurate things are always true we can't trust anything what is human or anything like it!!! Evil or Very Mad Now what i just said is all true what you did is not and not talking to you RR. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next