Jurassic Mods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What killed the dinosaurs?

+11
WalkingWithDinosaursMan
Spinosaurus hunter
Shadow Raptor444
Raptorlover
Nova
Gopher
Raging Raptor
thegrimmshow
Titaniumsaurus-rex
Darth_Spino
Allosaurus571
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What killed the dinosaurs? Empty What killed the dinosaurs?

Post  Allosaurus571 Sat May 30, 2009 8:38 pm

What did it? Debate that here. Here is my theory:

Its a normal day in the Yucatan Peninsula, 65 million years ago. You look up and see many shooting stars, during the day. Then, you see a big one, and it looks to be coming towards the earth. Then, you know it is, you begin to run. A few minutes later, you here a huge explosion. Behind you, a cloud of dust and fire, equal to an eruption of the Yellowstone super-volcano, is flying in the air, you are whisked into the air and are choked to death by the ash.The sun begins to become blocked out. It is dark, and cold. The plants are dieing, along with the the herbivores, it becomes an all you can eat buffet for the carnivores, as the sea animals go on with their normal lives, since the impact did not affect them as much, and the mammals eat whats left of the other dead animals. But, after about a year, the carnivores are just about all out of food. They resort to cannibalism. Soon, with the helping hand of the highly volcanic terrain of the Late Cretaceous, the dinosaurs, finally, died out. After years of darkness, the sun finally shone through, the world was much different. Huge hairy Animals like the Mammoth, the Mastodon, the Giant Ground Sloth, and the Short faced bear roamed the earth. Giant birds hunted while cat with huge teeth hunted the giant birds. And, monkey like animals, that walked upright, Hunted them all. They, were humans.

Thank you.
Allosaurus571
Allosaurus571
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

What killed the dinosaurs? Empty Re: What killed the dinosaurs?

Post  Guest Sat May 30, 2009 9:07 pm

Hmm,oh,uhh,a metor umm came,and killed all the dinos,and there you go,the sun was covered by dirt.

Back to top Go down

What killed the dinosaurs? Empty what kill poor dinos

Post  Darth_Spino Sat May 30, 2009 11:01 pm

i don't like to think about it poor dinos Crying or Very sad
Darth_Spino
Darth_Spino
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Titaniumsaurus-rex Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:01 am

the metoer peed on them the were sqished like a pea ramed over by a car wheel T.T or maybe they were frozen to death nah i think the meteor hit them and fried them like our MC.donalds french fries but turn into skeleton
Titaniumsaurus-rex
Titaniumsaurus-rex
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  thegrimmshow Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:19 am

i really don't take it much when they say, dino's were killed by a massive rock from space. i prefer to understand malcolm's theory. Very Happy
thegrimmshow
thegrimmshow
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Titaniumsaurus-rex Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:00 am

some guys say is the gaint valcano full with lava.well since its in pherictoric time its bigger and better
Titaniumsaurus-rex
Titaniumsaurus-rex
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  thegrimmshow Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:14 am

well. i think a giant volcano is not enough to obliterate almost 99.5% of life on earth in the prehistoric times. Very Happy
thegrimmshow
thegrimmshow
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:30 pm

I think that on the Ark the dinos got some sort of chemical or toxin, and all died. idk! its a guess
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Titaniumsaurus-rex Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:58 pm

yea your guess is true for me
Titaniumsaurus-rex
Titaniumsaurus-rex
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Allosaurus571 Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:51 pm

Please don't one word post.
Allosaurus571
Allosaurus571
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:15 am

oh ya ha, well its waaaaay to complicated for us to ever REALLY know what happened. or will it..............
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:08 am

ok ok im back

like i said, we will never know for sure.
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Titaniumsaurus-rex Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:09 am

bull crap we alreaddy know its the meteor Twisted Evil
Titaniumsaurus-rex
Titaniumsaurus-rex
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Back to top Go down

What killed the dinosaurs? Empty dinos

Post  Darth_Spino Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:25 am

Ugh...So dumb... I mean dinos evloved into birds.
Darth_Spino
Darth_Spino
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:50 am

Darth_Spino wrote:Ugh...So dumb... I mean dinos evloved into birds.

i somewhat agree Very Happy
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Gopher Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:18 pm

Allosaurus571 wrote:What did it? Debate that here. Here is my theory:

Its a normal day in the Yucatan Peninsula, 65 million years ago. You look up and see many shooting stars, during the day. Then, you see a big one, and it looks to be coming towards the earth. Then, you know it is, you begin to run. A few minutes later, you here a huge explosion. Behind you, a cloud of dust and fire, equal to an eruption of the Yellowstone super-volcano, is flying in the air, you are whisked into the air and are choked to death by the ash.The sun begins to become blocked out. It is dark, and cold. The plants are dieing, along with the the herbivores, it becomes an all you can eat buffet for the carnivores, as the sea animals go on with their normal lives, since the impact did not affect them as much, and the mammals eat whats left of the other dead animals. But, after about a year, the carnivores are just about all out of food. They resort to cannibalism. Soon, with the helping hand of the highly volcanic terrain of the Late Cretaceous, the dinosaurs, finally, died out. After years of darkness, the sun finally shone through, the world was much different. Huge hairy Animals like the Mammoth, the Mastodon, the Giant Ground Sloth, and the Short faced bear roamed the earth. Giant birds hunted while cat with huge teeth hunted the giant birds. And, monkey like animals, that walked upright, Hunted them all. They, were humans.

Thank you.

I don't believe that it exactly was the "all-you-can eat buffet;" the carnivores would eventually have a depleting food source because the herbivores would die while the plants died. Therefore, the feast didn't last forever. However, it is most likely true that the remaining carnivores had to become cannibalistic to survive.
Gopher
Gopher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Allosaurus571 Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:23 pm

Gopher wrote:

Thank you.

I don't believe that it exactly was the "all-you-can eat buffet;" the carnivores would eventually have a depleting food source because the herbivores would die while the plants died. Therefore, the feast didn't last forever. However, it is most likely true that the remaining carnivores had to become cannibalistic to survive.

I never said it would last forever. the food would run out after a year or so.
Allosaurus571
Allosaurus571
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gopher Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:50 pm

Allosaurus571 wrote:
Gopher wrote:

Thank you.

I never said it would last forever. the food would run out after a year or so.
ROTFL, I never suggested that, either. Or, at leat, not directly at you. I was simply quoting over the "all-you-can eat" part... It brought my attention, for some reason.
Gopher
Gopher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Allosaurus571 Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:51 pm

Ya, a carnivore is walking around. "Hmmm, what should I have, some fried gallimimus or a roasted triceratops?" lol
Allosaurus571
Allosaurus571
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

What killed the dinosaurs? Empty dino extintion

Post  Darth_Spino Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:39 pm

Allosaurus571 wrote:Ya, a carnivore is walking around. "Hmmm, what should I have, some fried gallimimus or a roasted triceratops?" lol
where's the duck-bill ribs? lol.
Darth_Spino
Darth_Spino
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nova Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:38 am

It was probably a multitude of events, occuring over a long period of time that killed of the dinosaurs

THe meteor helped, but wasn't soley responsible. It probably lowered the tempreture, killing of the larger creatures so only the smaller, feathered dinosaurs and insulated mammels survived.

Definetly wasn't a global flood to kill of evil man though. We might not know what did it, but we know what didn't do it, and that didn't
Nova
Nova
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Allosaurus571 Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:50 am

but we know what didn't do it, and that didn't

What, my rersponse? Mine is perficaly logical.
Allosaurus571
Allosaurus571
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:36 pm

I Think Nova was trying to narrow it down.

I agree with allo on this. His explanation makes sense to me.
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Nova Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:18 pm

Why then, did crocodiles survive, but plesiosaurs die out?

Why did sharks survive, but icthyosaurs die out?

A meteor was involved, we know there was an impact. But to say that it was solely a meteor leaves a few questions unanswered
Nova
Nova
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Allosaurus571 Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:03 pm

They were larger than the crocs, so they need more food.
Allosaurus571
Allosaurus571
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next