Jurassic Mods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will there ever be a JPOG 2?

+3
Gopher
Universal genesis
ewantu2
7 posters

Go down

Will there ever be a JPOG 2? Empty Will there ever be a JPOG 2?

Post  ewantu2 Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:34 pm

It has been like 10 years i really wish they would make one, it i not like they would have to think of new ideas, just make better graphics, MUCH more dinos, make it so the land is bigger, make the dinos act much more realistic like they stalk their prey and wait for the right moment to strike and make more rides

What more ideas could you come up with?
ewantu2
ewantu2
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

Will there ever be a JPOG 2? Empty Re: Will there ever be a JPOG 2?

Post  Universal genesis Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:21 am

JPOG 2. Sounds like heaven.

Anyway, one thing they could do is make it easier to place the friggin Safari adventure. They could make creatures like Argentinosaurus or Amphicoelias Fragillimus.

Another thing they could do is make a sauropod wwho doesn't have its neck pointing up, but straight forward like most Sauropods. That would make it way easier for Skinner to make stuff like Diplodocus. There's so much they could do to make it better.
Universal genesis
Universal genesis
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  ewantu2 Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:28 pm

Universal genesis wrote:JPOG 2. Sounds like heaven.

Anyway, one thing they could do is make it easier to place the friggin Safari adventure. They could make creatures like Argentinosaurus or Amphicoelias Fragillimus.

Another thing they could do is make a sauropod wwho doesn't have its neck pointing up, but straight forward like most Sauropods. That would make it way easier for Skinner to make stuff like Diplodocus. There's so much they could do to make it better.

I know it would be cool tho we would need loads of people to want a new game for them to make a new one.
ewantu2
ewantu2
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

Post  Gopher Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:52 pm

Maybe there will be some sort of safari simulator or a type of adventure game that modders can delve into and eventually add their own dinosaurs; however I doubt there will be anything close to a JPOG 2.
Gopher
Gopher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ewantu2 Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:27 pm

Gopher wrote:Maybe there will be some sort of safari simulator or a type of adventure game that modders can delve into and eventually add their own dinosaurs; however I doubt there will be anything close to a JPOG 2.
[quote]

Never know kinda of sad really, since it is such a good game even 10 years later.
ewantu2
ewantu2
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

Post  conceptcrash Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:26 pm

If there was a city building game or something like theme park it could be used probably for modding like zoo tycoon has been.A few months ago there was a very shirt demo of a village builder game using Unity engine,where you place buildings and similar zoom an pan to JPOG.If there was a release of a kit/prefab like that for Unity a JPOG game would actually be fairly simple other than the dinosaur animations. Haven't looked into myself but will if I have the time

conceptcrash
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  conceptcrash Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:42 pm

For anyone interested I looked into how a JPOG could possibly be made by fans using Unity engine,there is tools to make terrain in-game editable and camera set up,menus and huds would all be very easy.The main area needing attention would be management system for buildings and animation/AI of dinos,lots of this could be done with the right person and fairly quickly.Wish I had time to attempt this myself but working on Trespasser remake but would love to see someone else try it,once you had the complicated bits done you could really use them to create endless projects.

conceptcrash
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Gopher Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:52 pm

I'll forgive your double-post this time, since your material is so darn great. but in the future, double-posting is not allowed.

Will you ever make a tutorial on Unity processing/editing?
Gopher
Gopher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  conceptcrash Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:10 pm

There's a lot on you tube for Unity,but its so simple to use compared to other engines that you can learn the basics in an afternoon just playing around.Most things are drag and drop,scripting is a little more complicated but there's a wiki with dozens of free scripts and the unity forums have plenty help.Its never going to look as great as cry engine or unreal but it works on low end machines and you can publish standalone player,web players and others.Would love to see someone do a JPOG game in Unity,it would be so simple to mod endlessly and expanded if they released there project files.

conceptcrash
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightmare99 Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:15 pm

>"It has been like 10 years i really wish they would make one"
>"It has been like 10 years"
>"10 years"
Precisely why they didn't make a second one. JPOG was never a very popular game. In fact, most Zoo sims weren't at the time. If it wasn't popular then, why would they make a second one now?
Nightmare99
Nightmare99
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

Post  Gopher Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:47 pm

Good point. Unless, of course, they turn it into a COD-esque FPS where you are out hunting the dinosaurs. Pretty sure they've made a game recently like that, now that I think of it...
Gopher
Gopher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  velociraptor24 Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:15 am

I would be looking for better AI for tboth the dinos, and the humans. And also MUCH better graphics, and mabye blood and gore, and a graphic content filter.
velociraptor24
velociraptor24
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Utahraptor999 Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:37 am

i have an idea to make an Oviraptor but i dont know how to add a new skin into game can somebody tell me how to do it and then i will post you a download
Utahraptor999
Utahraptor999
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down