Jurassic Mods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New York moves to become 6th state to legalize gay marriage

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New York moves to become 6th state to legalize gay marriage - Page 2 Empty Re: New York moves to become 6th state to legalize gay marriage

Post  Raptor Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:56 pm

I'll just stop posting here before I contradict myself even more in here. Neutral
Raptor
Raptor
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Back to top Go down

New York moves to become 6th state to legalize gay marriage - Page 2 Empty Re: New York moves to become 6th state to legalize gay marriage

Post  Guest Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:47 am

You don't wan't him to post because you will contradict yourself...

Back to top Go down

Post  Nemesis Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:02 am

The Bible says that homosexual acts (sodomy) are sinful but not homosexuality itself. In fact Jesus healed a homosexual, according to some retranslations of the New Testament. Was the Sodom/Gomorrah incident before the first condemnation of homosexual acts? If so I think I can provide one theory.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Raptor Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:42 am

Nemesis wrote:The Bible says that homosexual acts (sodomy) are sinful but not homosexuality itself. In fact Jesus healed a homosexual, according to some retranslations of the New Testament. Was the Sodom/Gomorrah incident before the first condemnation of homosexual acts? If so I think I can provide one theory.
Yeah you gotta point. I'm not a bible Thumper sadly. No But I do know the story.
Raptor
Raptor
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nemesis Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:02 am

Genesis 19:5 (KJV, Antioch) wrote:And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know (have sex with) them.

I done some research, and it would appear that the Sodom & Gomorrah incident was far before the first actual condemnation of sodomy, and the destruction of those cities may have been simply due to lack of hospitality, not due to the citizens' desire to rape the angels, instead of, for example, killing them or being unhospitable towards them. In fact, sodomy may have been condemned because of the Sodom & Gomorrah incident, and the desire to rape two angels.

Luke 7:2 (KJV, Antioch) wrote:And a certain centurion's servant, who was dear unto him, was sick, and ready to die.

Furthermore, Jesus healed the "servant" of a man. Looking closely at the text, the word for "servant" has been used more often in Greek literature to describe "homosexual partner" than "servant", so it was likely that the Antioch and Alexandrian text lines have suffered an accidental or deliberate mistranslation. The text probably should have read:

Luke 7:2 (Modified KJV, Antioch) wrote:And a certain centurion's partner (homosexual), who was dear unto him, was sick, and ready to die.

There is no mention in the Bible of them having committed sodomy, so they simply may have loved each other, and had a deep romantic relationship. This is possible evidence of the Bible supporting homosexuality, but it clearly, in Leviticus and some of the Epistles, condemns sodomy.

And, if you'll excuse me, I think I'll publish that on my forum.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Raptor Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:57 pm

Well I respect and admire that you dug deep within the meanings of the verses. I truly believe that the servant was just a servant and not a lover. And go ahead an post! Very Happy
Raptor
Raptor
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Back to top Go down

New York moves to become 6th state to legalize gay marriage - Page 2 Empty My belief

Post  pokesaurus12 Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:45 pm

I personally side with Andrew and Raptor. I was born and raised against that kinda stuff. I also am from the South, from Georgia to be specific.

Think about it. Has there EVER been one documented case of this in wildlife? And scientifically, if we are just animals ourselves, what possible factor makes some humans have this trait?
pokesaurus12
pokesaurus12
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Raptor Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:58 am

Think about it. Has there EVER been one documented case of this in wildlife? And scientifically, if we are just animals ourselves, what possible factor makes some humans have this trait?
He's got a point.
Cool
Raptor
Raptor
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:49 pm

pokesaurus12 wrote:I personally side with Andrew and Raptor. I was born and raised against that kinda stuff. I also am from the South, from Georgia to be specific.

Homosexuality occurs in over 1500 different species...

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:56 am

I personally don't care anymore, it's all the past for me, I have a bunch of gay and lesbian friends now. The only reason why I was like this is because my entire family had raised me to be against homosexuality.

Andrew
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2