Jurassic Mods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

US gay marriage ban: US government drops defence of law

5 posters

Go down

US gay marriage ban: US government drops defence of law Empty US gay marriage ban: US government drops defence of law

Post  cunfuzzed Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:30 pm

cunfuzzed
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

US gay marriage ban: US government drops defence of law Empty Re: US gay marriage ban: US government drops defence of law

Post  Allosaurus571 Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:14 pm

Is this really the best time to bring up this subject? Doesn't the president have better things to do? I think that gay marrige should be allowed, I have no problem with it. But there is no point in bringing up that controversey right now.
Allosaurus571
Allosaurus571
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

US gay marriage ban: US government drops defence of law Empty Re: US gay marriage ban: US government drops defence of law

Post  cunfuzzed Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:48 pm

Allosaurus571 wrote:Is this really the best time to bring up this subject? Doesn't the president have better things to do?
There's no time like the present. Especially considering the fact that this should have been allowed a long time ago....

And btw, this is one of those "better things to do."

cunfuzzed
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:42 am

Well, I believe a relationship is with someone you want to be with, that you love. Yet, I believe a real relationship should be a with a man, and a woman. I don't have time to read the article, but I will after school.

Andrew
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Gopher Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:04 pm

Andrew wrote:Well, I believe a relationship is with someone you want to be with, that you love. Yet, I believe a real relationship should be a with a man, and a woman. I don't have time to read the article, but I will after school.
Most important law: Opposites attract.

I really don't want to delve into this subject, however. I can just see a debate brewing over the horizon.
Gopher
Gopher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:06 pm

Who said it has to be opposite genders?

Andrew
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Gopher Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:50 pm

When I stated that "law," I didn't mean a federal law or law of government, but just a broad, true fact for almost everything. It may not apply to marriage.
Gopher
Gopher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cunfuzzed Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:35 pm

Andrew wrote:Well, I believe a relationship is with someone you want to be with, that you love. Yet, I believe a real relationship should be a with a man, and a woman. I don't have time to read the article, but I will after school.
Funny. I wasn't aware that there was a distinction between a relationship, and a "real" relationship...

cunfuzzed
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Gopher Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:42 pm

Which leads us to assume (based on his post) that gay marriage is a "fake" relationship?
Gopher
Gopher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:24 am

cunfuzzed wrote:
Funny. I wasn't aware that there was a distinction between a relationship, and a "real" relationship...

Well there's little kids in the 3rd grade dating, that's not a real relationship if they just say that for two weeks and say "lets be friends." I'm not saying gay marriage is fake, just not a real marriage. Some gay people don't give a flying crap about their partner, they could just be some really horny guys, using each other... Just from my point of view, a gay relationship isn't a "real" relationship.

Andrew
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cunfuzzed Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:47 am

Andrew wrote:I'm not saying gay marriage is fake, just not a real marriage.
I'll give a cookie to the first person who can spot the irony in that sentence.

Andrew wrote:Some gay people don't give a flying crap about their partner, they could just be some really horny guys, using each other...
I hope you understand that this statement also applies to straight couples (the only difference being that one of them is a woman). Matter of fact, there are plenty of straight people out there that go and cheat on their partners. If that isn't the highest way to say you don't care about someone, then I don't know what is.

So if you're going to use that logic to go against gay marriage, you better not like marriage in general.

cunfuzzed
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:12 am

Well exactly, but I'm not talking about straight people at this moment. Take my cousin for an example. She's a lesbian, and has 60 girlfriends. Are those all real relationships? I mean, you see them once, and just talk to the on myspace from now on. And yes, I do spot the irony in that sentence.

Andrew
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:45 pm

Andrew wrote:Well exactly, but I'm not talking about straight people at this moment. Take my cousin for an example. She's a lesbian, and has 60 girlfriends. Are those all real relationships? I mean, you see them once, and just talk to the on myspace from now on. And yes, I do spot the irony in that sentence.
Yes, yeah, this means all gay relationships have little meaning.
Only two of my friends are gay, and out of all my straight friends a whole fourth of them have actually cheated.
A whole third of the students in my shool are both straight and have "fake" relationships, their relationships are for the sex.

All the gay students I have ever met are kind and have "real" relationships and are virgins.

Back to top Go down

Post  cunfuzzed Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:20 pm

Andrew wrote:Well exactly, but I'm not talking about straight people at this moment. Take my cousin for an example. She's a lesbian, and has 60 girlfriends. Are those all real relationships?
You tell me. Are all of the straight relationships that are pretty much exactly the same real relationships?

What people like you refuse to acknowledge is that gay people are just as likely to actually love one another as straight people.

cunfuzzed
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Gopher Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:35 pm

What people like you refuse to acknowledge is that gay people are just as likely to actually love one another as straight people.
Well that's an odd notion, because that's the only way you can actually call something a relationship. So I agree with you; it just makes sense.
Gopher
Gopher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:31 pm

cunfuzzed wrote:
Andrew wrote:Well exactly, but I'm not talking about straight people at this moment. Take my cousin for an example. She's a lesbian, and has 60 girlfriends. Are those all real relationships?
You tell me. Are all of the straight relationships that are pretty much exactly the same real relationships?

No no... This is the same with straight people.

Andrew
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cunfuzzed Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:43 pm

Andrew wrote:No no... This is the same with straight people.
You just went against what you previously said. If you admit that straight people do the same things as gay people, then why exactly are gay people the ones with fake relationships?

cunfuzzed
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Pachycephalosaurus Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:38 am

cunfuzzed wrote:
You just went against what you previously said. If you admit that straight people do the same things as gay people, then why exactly are gay people the ones with fake relationships?
He's speaking the truth yah know Andrew.
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:54 am

cunfuzzed wrote:

No, it can be the same with straight people. Straight people could also have a relationship that they don't even care about, and it' not a real relationship.

Andrew
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:39 pm

Andrew wrote:
cunfuzzed wrote:

No, it can be the same with straight people. Straight people could also have a relationship that they don't even care about, and it' not a real relationship.
But what about:
"I believe a real relationship should be a with a man, and a woman."

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:31 pm

Well I'm not saying that gay relationships are ALL fake. I saw a gay couple today at lowes, and they obviously liked each other. I was just tryin' to make my point here, but that's all, I really have to say.

Andrew
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cunfuzzed Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:11 pm

Andrew wrote:Well I'm not saying that gay relationships are ALL fake.
Then why did you say:
Andrew wrote:Yet, I believe a real relationship should be a with a man, and a woman.
?

That's a fairly all-inclusive statement to make.

cunfuzzed
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:35 pm

cunfuzzed wrote:
Andrew wrote:Well I'm not saying that gay relationships are ALL fake.
Then why did you say:
Andrew wrote:Yet, I believe a real relationship should be a with a man, and a woman.
?

That's a fairly all-inclusive statement to make.

Yeah, sorry, I probably should have added on to that bit.

Andrew
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cunfuzzed Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:18 am

Andrew wrote:Yeah, sorry, I probably should have added on to that bit.
You know, at this point, you really might as well admit that your entire reasoning behind objecting to gay marriage is wrong.

cunfuzzed
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Pachycephalosaurus Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:52 am

it, may be that you have been raised to think it's wrong, alot of people are, including alot of my friends, and me, but that doesn't mean I think it's wrong.
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum