Jurassic Mods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

South Park in Truoble

5 posters

Go down

South Park in Truoble Empty South Park in Truoble

Post  Clonehunter Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:30 pm

South Park, the popular show on Comedy Central which makes fun of about every damn thing now has its creators getting death threats from Muslims for portraying Muhamed in a bear suit with Santa. Apparently the whole epsiode was making fun of religious figures (Nothing New) such as Jesus and Buddha, but now on Muhamed (Something New).

Now some touchy Muslims are getting worked up about the epsiode.

So South Park can make fun of our religions and Beliefs, but not Muslims?

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THOSE BASTERDS??

Muslims are really going overboard. Personally I think they are hugely overreacting.
Clonehunter
Clonehunter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Back to top Go down

South Park in Truoble Empty Re: South Park in Truoble

Post  Andrew Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:15 pm

I love southpark!

lol like the episode where the musilms attacked because they put muhamed on the family guy.

Fracking funny.

but I never knew about this, and they're always making fun of christian. I don't care.

Andrew
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Clonehunter Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:08 am

They make fun of every religion. What makes the Muslims different? They dont haveany special protection rights.
Clonehunter
Clonehunter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:32 am

Well, things are gunna get worse. Southpark is in it's last season, they're about to go farther than religion jokes.
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:14 am

Raging Raptor wrote:Well, things are gunna get worse. Southpark is in it's last season, they're about to go farther than religion jokes.

[gay family guy dude] Oh noooo!!![/gay family guy dude]

Andrew
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 30, 2010 3:29 pm

Damnit, theres a difference between islamic beliefs and arabic culture, the arabs imo are touchy and hypocritical, I'm a black muslim and I actually enjoyed this episode, the only thing bothering me is how people generalize muslims like that.
As a muslim I can't
Eat pork
Kill a man for any reason besides self defence
Kill myself
be gay
use drugs or alchohol
steal

The arab muslims are touchy because it's part of their culture
They kill and terrorize americans, because we dont act like them
They blow themselves up to kill you, to force us to act like them
they try to speak for all muslims when they defend their behavior so they think muslims of other races will help them out.
CH I understand you point and am all for it, but generalize like that again I will find you and Jackie Chan you.

Back to top Go down

Post  Clonehunter Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:55 pm

Well I never said (I think) ALL muslims. Just the touchy ones, in this case the arab ones like you said. I have nothing against Muslims. I have Muslim relatives actually. These arabs or whatever, need to learn thats this is a (Almost) free country (US, dont know where you live, do live in US or elsewhere?) and that we can do what we want to do. Hmmm, didn't come out right, but I thinkm you have the point....
Clonehunter
Clonehunter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:28 pm

Clonehunter wrote:Well I never said (I think) ALL muslims. Just the touchy ones, in this case the arab ones like you said. I have nothing against Muslims. I have Muslim relatives actually. These arabs or whatever, need to learn thats this is a (Almost) free country (US, dont know where you live, do live in US or elsewhere?) and that we can do what we want to do. Hmmm, didn't come out right, but I thinkm you have the point....
Im jking I'm ot upset(hence jackie chan), and I'm in minnesota. Gotcha poynt.

Back to top Go down

Post  cunfuzzed Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:50 pm

CH, I seem to remember you getting worked up when I denied something that you held to be part of your religion (creation). Why would you expect that someone like you, that believes in a different religion, would act any differently?

cunfuzzed
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Clonehunter Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:11 pm

What do you mean?
Clonehunter
Clonehunter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Back to top Go down

Post  cunfuzzed Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:54 pm

Clonehunter wrote:What do you mean?
I'm saying that you do the same thing, but you're saying other people are crazy, for doing the same thing.

cunfuzzed
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:04 pm

cunfuzzed wrote:
I'm saying that you do the same thing, but you're saying other people are crazy, for doing the same thing.
If I was in charge of user titles, yours would be the "philosoraptor"
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Clonehunter Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:23 pm

Raging Raptor wrote:
cunfuzzed wrote:
If I was in charge of user titles, yours would be the "philosoraptor"

Well, you could just ask someone to do it. Smile (Lol)
Clonehunter
Clonehunter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Gopher Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:16 pm

confuzzed wrote:CH, I seem to remember you getting worked up when I denied something that you held to be part of your religion (creation). Why would you expect that someone like you, that believes in a different religion, would act any differently?
Thank you for that, TWK. That really made my day.

Okay, I'm pretty sure every one of you knows how idiotic Southpark is, and how they make fun of just about everything. I understand that death threats are far too extreme, and go against the principles of Islam, but if a prophet of your religion is displayed in such a disrespectful manner, would you not be infuriated? I know the U.S. is supposedly a "free country," (Although, in my opinion, thanks to Obama and Bush, it's far from it) but does that really mean you can go around making fun of other religions through pointless media? You really have to look at it from the other side, CH. Having Muslim relatives doesn't cut it. I could write an entire book on this, but in short (Please excuse me for being so gruff), You are pretty much brainwashed by the U.S. media, which, in essence, portrays Muslims as violent terrorists (which they certainly are not), giving our entire generation a prejudiced view on the religion. I see it every day in my school. I will not deny that I am Muslim, and of course am naturally defending Islam, but I don't think a day has gone by at my school where I haven't been called "terrorist." And about half of those people watch Southpark and ridicule Muslims, seeing all of us as terrorists. Notice how in the years before Southpark was created and before 9/11, our generation was much less prejudiced towards Muslims? Nowadays everyone believes what they see/hear on TV, and of course all you hear about when you turn on BBC news or CNN is a "Muslim" terrorist attack. And really, when you look at those "Muslims," you tend to make a generalization without any proof that Muslims are terrorists. The reality is that those terrorists are not Muslims, since what they do is against Islam. They can call themselves whatever they want, and you have to choose to believe it.

And I don't watch that show, but I'm pretty sure they've gotten quite a few threats from all sorts of people. And yet you don't make a topic about them. You don't called the other people "bastards." And you don't have any right to do so in this topic, because you should really be calling the creators of Southpark "bastards." You are only looking at it from the creators' point of view, and from a naive viewer's point of view. TWK compressed this post into a fair question for you, CH. What would you do if they put Jesus (Whom Muslims believe in, too) in a bear suit, you naturally got mad, and I called all Christians (or whatever religion you follow) "bastards" simply for being mad? And again, it's not like this is the first time Southpark has done something like that, and you know it. Is it fair for me to call Christians (or any religious group) "bastards" for naturally defending their religion?
Gopher
Gopher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:16 am

I know south park is kinda racial in religon, but remember, it's a comedy. Not real. They aren't REALLY saying every muslim is a bastard. And besides arent the creators like teens or in their early twenties?

Andrew
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Gopher Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:44 pm

Ugh...So dumb...

I know it's a "comedy," but really, what they're aiming for is far worse than humor. And no sane teen would ever dream of creating a show like this.
And if you read my previous post, you'll see that what I meant is that CH has no right to call Muslims "bastards."
Gopher
Gopher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:46 am

Gopher wrote:Ugh...So dumb...

I know it's a "comedy," but really, what they're aiming for is far worse than humor. And no sane teen would ever dream of creating a show like this.
And if you read my previous post, you'll see that what I meant is that CH has no right to call Muslims "bastards."

I know.

But southpark just wanted to get some laughs and hits.

Andrew
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Gopher Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:33 pm

Of course it did; that's only natural, but what disgusts me is what is "humorous" to people and what is not. There is a line you cannot cross in humor, and Southpark blatantly has done so.
Gopher
Gopher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:39 pm

Gopher wrote:Of course it did; that's only natural, but what disgusts me is what is "humorous" to people and what is not. There is a line you cannot cross in humor, and Southpark blatantly has done so.
I can tolerate the joke to an extent, I just don't bother with the episode, "no skin off my bones." There is a line you cannot cross in hypocricy, as CH has blatantly done so... And slowness for me for not noticing until wk brought it up.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gopher Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:07 pm

I'm don't really understand what you are trying to say, but I think I get the general idea. Please, CH, don't make such stereotypes just because some idiotic cartoon creators get threatened. It's understandable (to some degree) for kids of this horrible generation, but there really is no point in creating argument and flaming. It's not going to help anyone. Locking topic.
Gopher
Gopher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down