Jurassic Mods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jurassic park OG 2

+2
Raging Raptor
Velociraptor
6 posters

Go down

U want me Helping?

Jurassic park OG 2 Vote_lcap50%Jurassic park OG 2 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]
Jurassic park OG 2 Vote_lcap50%Jurassic park OG 2 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 2

Jurassic park OG 2 Empty Jurassic park OG 2

Post  Velociraptor Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:24 pm

Mermbers
CarnivoreFightClub-Ideas, Homepage Admin
RaptorSpinoRex-Homepage Designer, Logo Designer
Me-Sound Maker, Dino sounds and Bites Stomps Forest Voice Sounds
And Others

U should say why me Cause im Helping as well Guess Dino Sounds! of Cause!
Velociraptor
Velociraptor
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Jurassic park OG 2 Empty Re: Jurassic park OG 2

Post  Guest Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:36 pm

Do you guys have someone willing to take the time to create the actual game itself?

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:34 pm

We're lucky that we got by practicing the illegal modding of the game, but major copywrite issues are about to fly your way if you actually think you can even try and do this.

I doubt any 15-year-old kid can recreate what took a team of 50+ grown, college educated men to create in 2 years from scratch. You don't have the tech, or the discipline for that matter. It probably took you all day to create just that video, which is just a compilation of other people's work. Doing it all over from scratch, and doing it BETTER, without the source code or any technological training, this is never going to work out.
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:21 am

Raging Raptor wrote:We're lucky that we got by practicing the illegal modding of the game, but major copywrite issues are about to fly your way if you actually think you can even try and do this.

I doubt any 15-year-old kid can recreate what took a team of 50+ grown, college educated men to create in 2 years from scratch. You don't have the tech, or the discipline for that matter. It probably took you all day to create just that video, which is just a compilation of other people's work. Doing it all over from scratch, and doing it BETTER, without the source code or any technological training, this is never going to work out.
What he said, but modding a non-online computer game is legal. Back on the zoo tycoon forums, an actual employee of Blue Fang joined a long time ago, I wasnt on back then so I don't knnow how they varified who he was besides telling about the creation of World of Zoo ahead of time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:28 pm

Coyotefang wrote:
Raging Raptor wrote:We're lucky that we got by practicing the illegal modding of the game, but major copywrite issues are about to fly your way if you actually think you can even try and do this.

What he said, but modding a non-online computer game is legal. Back on the zoo tycoon forums, an actual employee of Blue Fang joined a long time ago, I wasnt on back then so I don't knnow how they varified who he was besides telling about the creation of World of Zoo ahead of time.

That doesn't make it legal. And yes, it is illegal. Especially when we label a mod as our own and take credit for it, and bottomfeed an entire forum off of editing someone elses' work. Every JPOG site, Zoo Tycoon site, and any other video game modding site is under the jeapordy that Universal Studios has the legal right to shut these JPOG sites down. But they don't. Once we start to make MONEY off of making a JPOG 2, or even giving it away for free, we're basicall asking to be shut down.
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:01 pm

Raging Raptor wrote:
Coyotefang wrote:

That doesn't make it legal. And yes, it is illegal. Especially when we label a mod as our own and take credit for it, and bottomfeed an entire forum off of editing someone elses' work. Every JPOG site, Zoo Tycoon site, and any other video game modding site is under the jeapordy that Universal Studios has the legal right to shut these JPOG sites down. But they don't. Once we start to make MONEY off of making a JPOG 2, or even giving it away for free, we're basicall asking to be shut down.
NO because it is YOUR game now, and jpog 2 would be illegal if you wanted to make a prophit. and that making it illegal would be an invasion of privacy, as well as it's only illegal if you sell the mods.
Modding computer ggames, as long as they don't affect the online account (discluding SPORE) is legal, simply because any seven-year old can stumble apon these files and start screwing with them. THe game belongs to you and there is no legal way to arrest anyone who simly changes a texture, or ands a couple billion dollars. It's your computer, and its yours to f-ck with, as long as it only affects your computer, and others willingly allow you to do the same to their's.

Back to top Go down

Post  Velociraptor Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:16 pm

We just need a licence from universal pictures Before we Start it! cheers

I Wish ma Luck Helping!
Velociraptor
Velociraptor
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:19 pm

Velociraptor wrote:

We just need a licence from universal pictures Before we Start it! cheers

I Wish ma Luck Helping!
They wont give it to you.

Back to top Go down

Jurassic park OG 2 Empty Not gonna happen

Post  Gopher Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:31 pm

1.) This will not get anywhere even CLOSE to a potential JPOG 2
2.) Haven't they already made a mod for JPOG 2 (that is made for JPOG)? Seeing how many people are helping them and considering the fact that the mod is still in progress, it's blatant you'll never get this done.
3.) Universal won't give you a license (let alone reply to your email)
4.) Those are some amazing CG models in the video (which of course aren't yours), but you probably have no experience whatsoever with anything CG besides skinning JPOG models...
5.) You have, what?-- 2 young, unqualified and inexperienced members to make a proposed sequel of a hit game that took "50+ grown, college educated men to create in 2 years from scratch." (RR)?
6.) The list goes on forever

Let's keep it simple: It won't happen.
Gopher
Gopher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:51 pm

Gopher wrote:1.) This will not get anywhere even CLOSE to a potential JPOG 2
2.) Haven't they already made a mod for JPOG 2 (that is made for JPOG)? Seeing how many people are helping them and considering the fact that the mod is still in progress, it's blatant you'll never get this done.
3.) Universal won't give you a license (let alone reply to your email)
4.) Those are some amazing CG models in the video (which of course aren't yours), but you probably have no experience whatsoever with anything CG besides skinning JPOG models...
5.) You have, what?-- 2 young, unqualified and inexperienced members to make a proposed sequel of a hit game that took "50+ grown, college educated men to create in 2 years from scratch." (RR)?
6.) The list goes on forever

Let's keep it simple: It won't happen.
Epic
QFT
I'm fifteen and Ive learned to make games since I was six, I made an averagely good simulation ant farm style pet game from scratch when I was twelve, the graphics suck, they breed in th thousands per second, their life spans are 1 second to 1 hour, and they all survive even if only 1 of them eats. ZT2 is college-group level and JPOG is out of the question.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:15 pm

This is ridiculous. You asking for a job that takes the brain of over 30, 50 year old people, all in a few months, or a year?

Theres already a new JP game coming out, and you try to act smart be capitilizing every word in your sentence. My god I hope your joking, because not only I will feel bad for you, and you'll feel how it's like to have one of the greatest failures ever.

Andrew
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Raptor X Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:33 pm

Even if there WAS a chance at this, those models would look awesome! Except for the raptor. The Eyes freak me out...
Raptor X
Raptor X
Acrocanthosaurus
Acrocanthosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  cunfuzzed Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:11 am

Coyotefang wrote:
NO because it is YOUR game now, and jpog 2 would be illegal if you wanted to make a prophit. and that making it illegal would be an invasion of privacy, as well as it's only illegal if you sell the mods.
Modding computer ggames, as long as they don't affect the online account (discluding SPORE) is legal, simply because any seven-year old can stumble apon these files and start screwing with them. THe game belongs to you and there is no legal way to arrest anyone who simly changes a texture, or ands a couple billion dollars. It's your computer, and its yours to f-ck with, as long as it only affects your computer, and others willingly allow you to do the same to their's.
Sorry, but RR is entirely right about this one. There have been instances where companies have taken legal action, and won. Also,if a company decides to put a clause in the license agreement saying that you can't mod it, it is illegal to mod it, and that's that.

And no, it isn't your game. Even if you changed the name, they could still claim copyrights.

cunfuzzed
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Velociraptor Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:37 am

Even if there WAS a chance at this, those models would look awesome! Except for the raptor. The Eyes freak me out...
Maybe they make the Raptor like the First Jurassic Park Fim Model and make the Raptor walk Like the Jurassic Park and the eys
freak u out once it has Evil Eyes it with make the Freaking Out if u saw one in real life!

Velociraptor
Velociraptor
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:37 pm

cunfuzzed wrote:
Coyotefang wrote:
Sorry, but RR is entirely right about this one. There have been instances where companies have taken legal action, and won. Also,if a company decides to put a clause in the license agreement saying that you can't mod it, it is illegal to mod it, and that's that.

And no, it isn't your game. Even if you changed the name, they could still claim copyrights.
All right lemme fix my own post.
A PC game can be modified as long as the company doesnt care (of corse) and/or it doesnt affect another player's online experience.

Back to top Go down

Post  Raptor X Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:00 pm

I just had an idea, what if you made the game, but didn't connect it in any way possible to JP. Nah...that's a dumb idea Embarassed
Raptor X
Raptor X
Acrocanthosaurus
Acrocanthosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  cunfuzzed Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:45 pm

Coyotefang wrote:
A PC game can be modified as long as the company doesnt care (of corse) and/or it doesnt affect another player's online experience.
But it's still not legal.

cunfuzzed
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:46 pm

cunfuzzed wrote:
Coyotefang wrote:
But it's still not legal.
Aww man.
Well then...
Meh.

Back to top Go down

Post  cunfuzzed Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:58 pm

Coyotefang wrote:
Aww man.
Well then...
Meh.
But then again, whether or not it's legal doesn't really matter. What matters is the company's stance on it. Some actively encourage it. Some just turn a blind eye. While some still press charges.

cunfuzzed
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Gopher Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:16 pm

The only way to do this legally is to make an entire dinosaur theme park simulation game from scratch, and call it: "Dinosaur Theme Park Simulation Game that in No Way is Connected to JPOG." And by then, you're basically mooching off their idea (as in dino-sim games), so any dino-park simulation game is probably going to get some negative feedback and possibly legal action. Especially when you propose to make a JPOG sequel, not a Dinosaur Theme Park Sim game. Either way, you'll end up where you started...

Think of something creative. Not a simulation game about dinosaurs being exhibited for guests to view at high prices. Even if it has better graphics, animation, etc., you'll still be blamed for copying the idea.
PC games can be modified, but not for redistribution for monetary gain unless the license states otherwise.

^ I dunno if the above makes sense....I'm quite tired....just ask me to clarify your confusion, blah blah blahbah. Sleep
Gopher
Gopher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:08 pm

Gopher wrote:The only way to do this legally is to make an entire dinosaur theme park simulation game from scratch, and call it: "Dinosaur Theme Park Simulation Game that in No Way is Connected to JPOG." And by then, you're basically mooching off their idea (as in dino-sim games), so any dino-park simulation game is probably going to get some negative feedback and possibly legal action. Especially when you propose to make a JPOG sequel, not a Dinosaur Theme Park Sim game. Either way, you'll end up where you started...

Think of something creative. Not a simulation game about dinosaurs being exhibited for guests to view at high prices. Even if it has better graphics, animation, etc., you'll still be blamed for copying the idea.
PC games can be modified, but not for redistribution for monetary gain unless the license states otherwise.

^ I dunno if the above makes sense....I'm quite tired....just ask me to clarify your confusion, blah blah blahbah. Sleep
Stupid tycoon games, lets think of something else...
I like the Idea of a game you play through as a dinosaur, or some animal, beginning with a quiz(or cheat) to decide what species you will be.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down