Jurassic Mods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Novel Canon Mod, v1

+6
Clonehunter
Raging Raptor
THE DINOSAUR MAN
Raptor
DinoDude65
raptors rule
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Novel Canon Mod, v1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Novel Canon Mod, v1

Post  raptors rule Wed May 12, 2010 11:23 pm

You can do that, but probaly only one of the packs skins/dinos.
raptors rule
raptors rule
Carnotaurus
Carnotaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  EmSeeSquared Thu May 13, 2010 12:28 am

care to explain?

EmSeeSquared
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

Post  raptors rule Thu May 13, 2010 11:24 am

Okay the game can only handle a certain number of different dinos', I believe thats 38 so you cant have the NCM skins and FCM skins, you can mix NCM skins and FCM mods, or FCM skins and NCM mods, but we cant make it all in one pack.

If you want a more Novel Canon pack you can download the NCM, if you want it Film Canon download the FCM. That's all there really is to it.
raptors rule
raptors rule
Carnotaurus
Carnotaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  RaptorSpinoRex Thu May 13, 2010 11:52 am

hey rr, you're a NCM member right? did you know when NCM V2.0 come out?
RaptorSpinoRex
RaptorSpinoRex
Professional Modder
Professional Modder

Back to top Go down

Post  procompsognathus101 Thu May 13, 2010 12:00 pm

Yeah...I haven't seen any NCM activity for awhile! Is it gonna be released soon? Is it? Is it? Is it?
procompsognathus101
procompsognathus101
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Back to top Go down

Post  raptors rule Thu May 13, 2010 2:02 pm

For gods sake, I havn't even checked. DD is in another pack too (JPOG // mod), so I dont know when it is gona be released. :/ Could be a while, and then the FCM version 3.0 is coming out, TDM left, sarge has to JPOG // mod, so alot of the members of the NCM are on the JPOG // now.

I still have a few more skins to get in game also.

I doubt it will be anywhere soon, but it will be released.
raptors rule
raptors rule
Carnotaurus
Carnotaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  RaptorSpinoRex Thu May 13, 2010 2:08 pm

raptors rule wrote:For gods sake, I havn't even checked. DD is in another pack too (JPOG // mod), so I dont know when it is gona be released. :/ Could be a while, and then the FCM version 3.0 is coming out, TDM left, sarge has to JPOG // mod, so alot of the members of the NCM are on the JPOG // now.

I still have a few more skins to get in game also.

I doubt it will be anywhere soon, but it will be released.
Wow FCM 3.0, JPOG //?
RaptorSpinoRex
RaptorSpinoRex
Professional Modder
Professional Modder

Back to top Go down

Post  EmSeeSquared Fri May 14, 2010 10:58 pm

raptors rule wrote:Okay the game can only handle a certain number of different dinos', I believe thats 38 so you cant have the NCM skins and FCM skins, you can mix NCM skins and FCM mods, or FCM skins and NCM mods, but we cant make it all in one pack.

If you want a more Novel Canon pack you can download the NCM, if you want it Film Canon download the FCM. That's all there really is to it.

ok, so.....is it possible to have the FCM installed and install the skins for "new" dinos from the NCM? deinonychus, carnotaurus, etc? or maybe install the NCM, and then install dino skins from the FCM?

EmSeeSquared
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

Post  raptors rule Sat May 15, 2010 12:42 pm

You can do that, I think. But you won't get the dein in it, so you can only have either FCM skins or the NCM skins/new dinos.

Now you might be able to do this you can get the new dinos if you install their units, dino.ini, fossil hunt.ini, eng.txt, and tmls' then that might work; but I cant be sure.
raptors rule
raptors rule
Carnotaurus
Carnotaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  EmSeeSquared Sat May 15, 2010 3:29 pm

ok, i may try that. and if i wanted to install ed Regis over Jane Powers?

also, speaking of Regis: i haven't played the NCM yet, so i gotta ask: did you find a way of coming up with a voice for him? if not, since you're working on a newer, better version, and since i have an interest in voice-over work, i'd be willing to offer my services and provide a voice for Ed Regis for the next version of the mod.

EmSeeSquared
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

Post  raptors rule Sat May 15, 2010 6:43 pm

I dont think we did do the sounds', I think someone in the pack is doing it, proabaly DD.

To get Ed Regis instead of Jane Powers, you can either replace the TML, or I can make a seperate one for you.
raptors rule
raptors rule
Carnotaurus
Carnotaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  EmSeeSquared Sat May 15, 2010 10:18 pm

well, here's what happened when i tried doing what you suggested before:

-dinosaurs got renamed, which i guess was the intent of the NCM, which is why i was asked if they were truly "new" species or not. i wasn't JUST talking about Deinys and Hipsies. i GUESS i can live with that, cuz i'm more familiar with names like Apatasaurus, Othnelia, Microceratops, etc, tho i wish Ankylosaurus had remained the same. and i kinda wish Ceratasaurus and carnotaurus had been separate.

-skins remained unchanged from the FCM, which is for the most part what i wanted. although, like i said, i had wished Carnotaurs had been a new, separate species. cuz the screenshot on JP Legacy looks like it has the camouflaging skills it had in the novel, which i think is awesome, and i had hoped to see that.

-animation seems faster now, though maybe that was because i was trying it on a different machine than usual. slower animals seemed to move twice as fast.

-Ellie Satler and Jane Powers renamed Gerry Harding and Ed Regis, but their faces and voices remained the same. weird

-fossils immediately upped to 100%. coulda sworn i had more work to do....

-i was unable to breed Deinys and Hipsies in the Park game i was currently playing. so i decided to try them out on a fresh Site B. the breeding pen wouldn't even list the Hipsies, and with the Deinys, it displayed them as pure white, no features whatsoever. when i tried to breed it, the game crashed.

EmSeeSquared
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

Post  Spino_man Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:53 pm

Clonehunter wrote:Ceolurosaurus? When was that in the book?

it was an animal INGEN was going to have in the park. in the chapter (forgot which one) there was a group of eggs that was thought to be Celoursaurus.

Spino_man
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3