Jurassic Mods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jack Horner's How to build a Dinosaur

5 posters

Go down

Jack Horner's How to build a Dinosaur Empty Jack Horner's How to build a Dinosaur

Post  THE DINOSAUR MAN Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:07 pm

I started this book today and I thought that you should hear some of what it said.

He states:
We may someday recover bits of dinosaur DNA, but that is not the route to making a Dinosaur. That has already been tried, in the movies. But it won't happen in real life. I'm not putting down the movies. I loved jurassic park, not least because I worked on it and the sequels as a technical consultant to help get the dinosaurs right. And the idea of cloning dinosaurs from DNA were covered from a mosquito preserved in Amber that once fed on dinosaurs was a brilliant fiction. It was, however, a fiction that reflected the science of its time, a fascination with DNA and the idea that we could have a complete blueprint of the dinosaur to make one. Now we are actually much closer to being able to create a dinosaur with out needed to recover ancient DNA.
He also says:
The project is based on new research in evolutionary developmental biology (or evo-devo) into how a few cells grow to create arms, legs, eyes, and brains all functioning together, and how changes in that growth can drive evolution. Jack Horner takes the science a step further in a plan to "reverse evolution" and reveals the awesome, eve frightening power we are now acquiring to re-create the prehistoric past. The mystery ingredient in this creation is the genetic code for building dinosaurs that lives on in modern birds, even chickens. So how do you build a dinosaur? One way is to start with a simple chicken egg, and biochemically nudge the embryo this way and that until what hatches has a tail, teeth, and forearms instead of wings. Behold: Chickenosauraus.
This is all that I'll post so if you want to know more read How to build a Dinosaur.

Will some one sticky this?
THE DINOSAUR MAN
THE DINOSAUR MAN
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus

Back to top Go down

Jack Horner's How to build a Dinosaur Empty Re: Jack Horner's How to build a Dinosaur

Post  Raging Raptor Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:12 pm

I would if i could buddy, but this is a pretty interesting read, i will host a download link for you guys for the complete eBook soon
Very Happy
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Jack Horner's How to build a Dinosaur Empty Re: Jack Horner's How to build a Dinosaur

Post  THE DINOSAUR MAN Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:56 pm

Do yo think he can do it?
THE DINOSAUR MAN
THE DINOSAUR MAN
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:06 pm

well, in a sense, no. Why? For NOW we dont have the nearest technology. It takes a million + dollars just to clone a CAT, let alone a 11 ton extinct animal. But he is also backwards-engineering- taking ancient hormones and physical traits and restoring them while in the egg embryo, in other words, they are "flicking on paternal swiches until they have a raptor prototype." by giving chickens teeth, claws, scales, and whatnot.

We can do it; no one man will ever do it alone. Though.
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Gopher Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:21 pm

Raging Raptor wrote:well, in a sense, no. Why? For NOW we dont have the nearest technology. It takes a million + dollars just to clone a CAT, let alone a 11 ton extinct animal. But he is also backwards-engineering- taking ancient hormones and physical traits and restoring them while in the egg embryo, in other words, they are "flicking on paternal swiches until they have a raptor prototype." by giving chickens teeth, claws, scales, and whatnot.

We can do it; no one man will ever do it alone. Though.

A "million(+) dollars" is nothing for many people.
Gopher
Gopher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nova Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:45 am

I heard about this a while ago.

Wasn't he creating a dino chicken or something. Reactivating unused genes such as teeth, tail etc.

Anyone know how that went?
Nova
Nova
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:19 pm

I looked into it and the research reps are searching for someone to fund them because they started that a while ago, it doesnt say how close/far off they where
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Clonehunter Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:23 pm

this'd be cool if it works.
Clonehunter
Clonehunter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:31 pm

One million is nothing give me a break my family doesn't have that but scientist get that evey stinken daygive me a break!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Nova Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:06 pm

I doubt most scientists get millions a day
Nova
Nova
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:24 pm

Not a day but in a month come on ya now they do then.

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:35 pm

raptors rule wrote:Not a day but in a month come on ya now they do then.

they get a million a month, SOME, your right.

but they are NOT allowed to touch it. its for research and educational purposes, what they get paid for is patents for discovery, and whatever they get for publicity. Their overall income is probobly high, but not a million a month high.
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:44 pm

Ok one scientists get alot of money I have $30 in my piggy bank lol they prob have $100,000 in theres just look there are people out there with $100,000,000,000 ok and why don't you ask them LOL. lol! HYPER! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:32 pm

i agreee dude. I just get my money from Web serveys and coaching/reffing little kids soccer games lol
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:35 pm

LOL LOL LOL I pick it of the side walk in my car when I buy things at the pet store the change goes in there LOL LOL LOL but hey 30 bucks is good for me I save up for a good computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Nova Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:28 am

Nova
Nova
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down