Jurassic Mods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

godzillaman's Skinning Tutorial!

+15
Spinosaurus hunter
Raging Raptor
Spinodon
jpog2
seb1288
Raptor X
RyanRaptor
Allosaurus571
thegrimmshow
BlackFrost
Brachiosaurus582
Gopher
OOPPEL
JPOG Nerd 01
godzillaman
19 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

How helpful is it?

godzillaman's Skinning Tutorial! - Page 5 Vote_lcap60%godzillaman's Skinning Tutorial! - Page 5 Vote_rcap 60% 
[ 12 ]
godzillaman's Skinning Tutorial! - Page 5 Vote_lcap30%godzillaman's Skinning Tutorial! - Page 5 Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 6 ]
godzillaman's Skinning Tutorial! - Page 5 Vote_lcap5%godzillaman's Skinning Tutorial! - Page 5 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
godzillaman's Skinning Tutorial! - Page 5 Vote_lcap5%godzillaman's Skinning Tutorial! - Page 5 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
godzillaman's Skinning Tutorial! - Page 5 Vote_lcap0%godzillaman's Skinning Tutorial! - Page 5 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 20

Poll closed

godzillaman's Skinning Tutorial! - Page 5 Empty Re: godzillaman's Skinning Tutorial!

Post  godzillaman Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:16 am

JPOG Nerd 01 wrote:How long did it take you to write that tutorial ?
About a day.
And Allo, what I do is save a .png copy of the skin with GIMP, open the .png up in PAINT.NET, and save it as a .dds. Make sure the extension is DTx5 (sorry about the capitalization). I think this is "interpolated alpha" or something like that. Hope that helped!
godzillaman
godzillaman
Acrocanthosaurus
Acrocanthosaurus

Back to top Go down

godzillaman's Skinning Tutorial! - Page 5 Empty Re: godzillaman's Skinning Tutorial!

Post  thegrimmshow Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:23 am

am. G.man, why is it that if i try to re-extract the skin the CCT always prompts and says "dxt5 expected".
what does that mean? Very Happy
thegrimmshow
thegrimmshow
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  godzillaman Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:27 pm

Dxt5 is the DDS extension that JPOG uses. You probably changed it when you re-made your TML.
godzillaman
godzillaman
Acrocanthosaurus
Acrocanthosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  thegrimmshow Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:29 am

Oh. So you mean i put a .dxt5 at the end instead of a .dds? Very Happy
thegrimmshow
thegrimmshow
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  godzillaman Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:32 pm

Let me explain. Open up your skin in PAINT.NET, and hit "save as". Under the drop down menu to select what type of image you want it to be, choose DDS (This should be the last option). Hit "save". A new window will open up with a drop-down menu labeled "settings". Select Dtx5 on the menu. Does that help?
godzillaman
godzillaman
Acrocanthosaurus
Acrocanthosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  thegrimmshow Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:48 am

Oh. okie. thanks G.man. I will do it right away. Very Happy thanks for all the help.
thegrimmshow
thegrimmshow
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  godzillaman Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:25 pm

You're welcome. I edited my first post, so that should keep any more people from asking.
godzillaman
godzillaman
Acrocanthosaurus
Acrocanthosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  thegrimmshow Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:01 pm

Okay. thats great G.man. Very Happy
thegrimmshow
thegrimmshow
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  RyanRaptor Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:17 pm

When you are making it DDS can you save it as something else and then re-name the .something to .dds?
RyanRaptor
RyanRaptor
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Raptor X Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:15 pm

THANKS ALOT cheers cheers cheers
Raptor X
Raptor X
Acrocanthosaurus
Acrocanthosaurus

Back to top Go down

godzillaman's Skinning Tutorial! - Page 5 Empty please help me!

Post  seb1288 Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:04 am

hey! sorry for my english, i'm french and i'm not very good^^
So my problem is, when i create a new skin and when i add it in tml's file, i haven't "opa" for my skins, so it is not very beautiful^^
Please tell me how can i do?

seb1288
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

Post  Allosaurus571 Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:10 am

You just ajust the opa in your image editor.
Allosaurus571
Allosaurus571
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  seb1288 Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:14 am

how? because i save in dds dx5..
I open my skin, spino for exemple but how can i add "opa" file before saving?

seb1288
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

Post  Allosaurus571 Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:16 am

Hmmmm, godzillman should be able to help you, I am a modder, not a skinner, sorry . . .
Allosaurus571
Allosaurus571
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  seb1288 Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:17 am

sorry for double post, but i must save "opa" file in dds plugin too? and in the tml file add the "opa" after the skin? ... i search gmax for create new dino, can you help me please?^^

seb1288
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

Post  Raptor X Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:10 pm

WHAT confused
Raptor X
Raptor X
Acrocanthosaurus
Acrocanthosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  godzillaman Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:40 pm

RyanRaptor wrote:When you are making it DDS can you save it as something else and then re-name the .something to .dds?
I don't think so.

And seb1288, you do not have to save the opa. Just use the eraser tool to make anything transparent that you want.
godzillaman
godzillaman
Acrocanthosaurus
Acrocanthosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  thegrimmshow Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:22 am

seb1288 wrote:sorry for double post, but i must save "opa" file in dds plugin too? and in the tml file add the "opa" after the skin? ... i search gmax for create new dino, can you help me please?^^

you cannot create new dino. as of now. Very Happy
thegrimmshow
thegrimmshow
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  godzillaman Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:32 pm

Well, you can, just not with a new model.
godzillaman
godzillaman
Acrocanthosaurus
Acrocanthosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  thegrimmshow Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:34 am

by that. you mean semi-new dino. Very Happy
thegrimmshow
thegrimmshow
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  seb1288 Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:29 pm

It is impossible to create a new model?! Because i have seen lot of video where you can see a new dinosaure with new model not just with a new skin^^
With gmax you can open dinosaur's model and edit them!

seb1288
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

Post  jpog2 Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:24 pm

tu pourrez me passez les liens des videos ou on les voit tes nouveau models parceque moi j'y croit pas trop

jpog2
Herrerasaurus
Herrerasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  thegrimmshow Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:46 am

seb1288 wrote:It is impossible to create a new model?! Because i have seen lot of video where you can see a new dinosaure with new model not just with a new skin^^
With gmax you can open dinosaur's model and edit them!

Oh. yes,you can actually do that. The only problem is that we cannot export it back in-game. Very Happy
thegrimmshow
thegrimmshow
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  godzillaman Fri May 01, 2009 7:07 pm

jpog2 wrote:tu pourrez me passez les liens des videos ou on les voit tes nouveau models parceque moi j'y croit pas trop
Il n'y a pas de nouveaux modèles dans le jeu, parce que nous ne pouvons pas éditer les usages de JPOG de format modèles. Aussi, s'il vous plaît utiliser l'anglais la prochaine fois. Wink
godzillaman
godzillaman
Acrocanthosaurus
Acrocanthosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  seb1288 Sat May 02, 2009 9:04 pm

well, it will be very good if it will be possible to create a new model^^

seb1288
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next