Jurassic Mods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The raptors in JP3...

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The raptors in JP3... Empty The raptors in JP3...

Post  Big Al Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:12 pm

Well we all know that we have to take a bullet for Joe Johnston here with the JP3 Raptors...It's a topic that we try to avoid. But I thought about it a lot, and felt that it was stupid that Johnston (the director of JP3 for those who don't know) didn't even want the characters in the movie to notice the style change of the raptors. He thought he could just sneak by as if the raptors were like that for the whole series. But also unlike the others in the trilogy, the third one had no direct involvement with InGen. The raptors were never scientifically specified to be raptors. So perhaps, so we can all sleep better at night, we can call the JP3 raptors Deinonychuses. I want people to realize this, and possibly in the fourth film we can have the two different species fighting ( Star Wars )

What do you guys think? Is this feasible?
Big Al
Big Al
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

Back to top Go down

The raptors in JP3... Empty Re: The raptors in JP3...

Post  Guest Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:33 am

Big Al wrote:Well we all know that we have to take a bullet for Joe Johnston here with the JP3 Raptors...It's a topic that we try to avoid. But I thought about it a lot, and felt that it was stupid that Johnston (the director of JP3 for those who don't know) didn't even want the characters in the movie to notice the style change of the raptors. He thought he could just sneak by as if the raptors were like that for the whole series. But also unlike the others in the trilogy, the third one had no direct involvement with InGen. The raptors were never scientifically specified to be raptors. So perhaps, so we can all sleep better at night, we can call the JP3 raptors Deinonychuses. I want people to realize this, and possibly in the fourth film we can have the two different species fighting ( Star Wars )

Actually its possible,those raptors are adapted to the tropical side of the island as the others the woodland. And no fourth film, jp3 sucked. And at the time jp1 was made, the Deinonychus was classed velociraptor, and Deinonychus is a raptor. This topic didnt exist at first becuz nobody really cairz. Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Al Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:39 am

yes jp3 sucked...there was barely a storyline...and the animation looked a little cartoonish...but we can blame the director for that. Get spielberg back in the chair behind the camera and we are set.
Big Al
Big Al
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:42 am

And what about Micheal Chriton.

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Al Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:58 am

His death was a tragic blow to the franchise, but I think eventually we have to move on. Whether it be next summer or next decade, someone's gonna pick up the series
Big Al
Big Al
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Clonehunter Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:14 pm

Big Al wrote:yes jp3 sucked...there was barely a storyline...and the animation looked a little cartoonish...but we can blame the director for that. Get spielberg back in the chair behind the camera and we are set.

Don't blame Johnston for the way the animals looked, wel, not entirely. They were obviosly cheaper made, which may be his fault, but also blam Stan WInston studios for making Cheap look bad.
Clonehunter
Clonehunter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Al Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:49 pm

Its always the directors choice. if something doesnt look right, you can go do it over. But what do you expect from the guy who only directed 7 fims before Jurassic Park 3 and 11 to this day. The Jurassic Park franchise is too delicate a franchise to be put in the hands of an amateur Evil or Very Mad
Big Al
Big Al
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:59 am

Big Al wrote:Its always the directors choice. if something doesnt look right, you can go do it over. But what do you expect from the guy who only directed 7 fims before Jurassic Park 3 and 11 to this day. The Jurassic Park franchise is too delicate a franchise to be put in the hands of an amateur Evil or Very Mad
We;; if I was in charge I'd make the last movie a combo with twilight and add hannah montana and the jonas brothers. That would be epic.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:16 am

Coyotefang wrote:
Big Al wrote:Its always the directors choice. if something doesnt look right, you can go do it over. But what do you expect from the guy who only directed 7 fims before Jurassic Park 3 and 11 to this day. The Jurassic Park franchise is too delicate a franchise to be put in the hands of an amateur Evil or Very Mad
We;; if I was in charge I'd make the last movie a combo with twilight and add hannah montana and the jonas brothers. That would be epic.

They already sound and look like those cheap raptors.

And Justin beiber is that humongous thing they call spinosaurus.

Beware

Andrew
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Clonehunter Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:35 pm

NO, Beiber is the Compy which you crush beneath your foot Smile

50Cent (God forgive me) is the Spino
Clonehunter
Clonehunter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Al Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:42 pm

As long as they all die (especially Hanna Montana and beiber) we are all happy.
Big Al
Big Al
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  cunfuzzed Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:08 pm

Clonehunter wrote:They were obviosly cheaper made, which may be his fault, but also blam Stan WInston studios for making Cheap look bad.
I hope you didn't just call one of the best effects studios ever cheap...

I wish people who have no idea what they're talking about would stop calling Joe Johnston a bad director, because he's not. If you'd actually seen any of his other work, you'd know that he is a talented director (most of the time). Oh, and he's anything but amateur.

Last edited by cunfuzzed on Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

cunfuzzed
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Al Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:59 pm

Of course IM not calling Stan Winston cheap, I have a lot of respect for him, and sadly his passing also dented the JP franchise.
I have seen some other of Joe's work. Jumanji was painful at parts. But that movie did keep him from directing TLW.
Big Al
Big Al
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  cunfuzzed Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:41 pm

Big Al wrote:I have seen some other of Joe's work. Jumanji was painful at parts. But that movie did keep him from directing TLW.
First of all, I could swear that I just said I wish people who have no idea what they're talking about, would stop calling Joe a bad director. If he consistently made bad movies, you might have a point. However, he hasn't. Second of all, every director you can think of has made at least one film that was complete crap. Spielberg made A.I. (one of the worst films ever), and the War of the Worlds remake (which, on a plot level, was about the same as JP3). Joe Johnston's was JP3. However, he also directed October Sky, and Hidalgo (two very well done movies).

cunfuzzed
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Al Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:58 pm

His total list of directed movies (according to IMDB):

Honey, I Shrunk the Kids
The Rocketeer
The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles
The Pagemaster
Jumanji
The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones: Spring Break Adventure
October Sky
JP3
Hidalgo
The Wolfman
Captain America: The First Avenger (filming)

A 5 outta 10 director at best who has a shining moment every once in a while. That good enough for ya Question
Big Al
Big Al
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  cunfuzzed Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:18 am

Yes. Mostly because most of those aren't bad movies. Matter of fact, it would only take one film to prove that he is a decent director.

By your logic, directors like Peter Jackson are amateurs. The vast majority of his films (except for LOTR, and King Kong), aren't even worth remembering. Joe Johnston has directed more decent movies.

cunfuzzed
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Al Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:07 pm

Well peter jackson writes a lot of his movies, which means he is a genuine film maker. Yes, he's had some bad ones *cough cough* the lovely bones *cough cough* but king kong was alright and im not much for LOTR...but directors that also write their films are often misunderstood and their movies are downrated. Thatd be like saying Quentin Tarantino sucks, which isnt true because he makes up his movies. Directors like that deserve room for a little screwups. But waht im wondering is, WHY JOE? If you wanted to choose a non-amateur for JP3, why not Robert Zemeckis?
Big Al
Big Al
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:23 pm

Big Al wrote:Well we all know that we have to take a bullet for Joe Johnston here with the JP3 Raptors...It's a topic that we try to avoid. But I thought about it a lot, and felt that it was stupid that Johnston (the director of JP3 for those who don't know) didn't even want the characters in the movie to notice the style change of the raptors. He thought he could just sneak by as if the raptors were like that for the whole series. But also unlike the others in the trilogy, the third one had no direct involvement with InGen. The raptors were never scientifically specified to be raptors. So perhaps, so we can all sleep better at night, we can call the JP3 raptors Deinonychuses. I want people to realize this, and possibly in the fourth film we can have the two different species fighting ( Star Wars )

Ehh, all the JP movies screwed up some of the dinosaurs in their own special way.
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Al Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:43 pm

Raging Raptor wrote:
Ehh, all the JP movies screwed up some of the dinosaurs in their own special way.

How did the First two?
Big Al
Big Al
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:54 pm

Big Al wrote:
Raging Raptor wrote:

How did the First two?
Midjet Dilo with frill and spit, raptor leaping through glass no pain at all, the lawyer ran to a wooden bathroom for safety, " it can't see you if ya don't move" doesnt work, Raptors claw aint on the middle, nublar raptors are twelve ft, Mr.DNA is retarded, Ian isnt cool, Grant is mental, and lex is to hot in jp2. They needed a judo unstoppable neck crack frog-duck-spino

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Al Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:29 pm

Coyotefang wrote: Midjet Dilo with frill and spit

Well a lot of people mistook this as the diloph's real size. Nedry even said himself "I thought you were one of your big brothers, you're not so bad." meaning that there WERE bigger dilophs on the island. and as far as the spitting....who knows? its possible.
Big Al
Big Al
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:11 pm

Big Al wrote:
Coyotefang wrote: Midjet Dilo with frill and spit

Well a lot of people mistook this as the diloph's real size. Nedry even said himself "I thought you were one of your big brothers, you're not so bad." meaning that there WERE bigger dilophs on the island. and as far as the spitting....who knows? its possible.
That would explaiin the size in jpdb, but not jpog.

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Al Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:11 pm

Coyotefang wrote: That would explaiin the size in jpdb, but not jpog.

Well universal interactive isnt the best video game producer
Big Al
Big Al
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  cunfuzzed Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:46 pm

Big Al wrote:Well peter jackson writes a lot of his movies, which means he is a genuine film maker.
Now you're just exposing your blind, pointless bias against Joe. I'm guessing you're also one of those people who discredits Horner for screwing up the Rex and the Spino, right?

Big Al wrote:Yes, he's had some bad ones *cough cough* the lovely bones *cough cough* but king kong was alright and im not much for LOTR...but directors that also write their films are often misunderstood and their movies are downrated.
I couldn't care less whether or not they write their own movies.

Big Al wrote:Thatd be like saying Quentin Tarantino sucks, which isnt true because he makes up his movies. Directors like that deserve room for a little screwups. But waht im wondering is, WHY JOE? If you wanted to choose a non-amateur for JP3, why not Robert Zemeckis?
How many times do I have to repeat the fact that Joe Johnston is anything but amateur, before it will become clear to you?

cunfuzzed
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Al Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:12 am

MAIN POINT: Joe Johnston screwed up on Jurassic Park III and I think there are a lotta ppl who agree with me SHUT UP!!!!!
Big Al
Big Al
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum