Jurassic Mods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OFFICIAL JURASSIC MODS REDIRECTION LIST

+5
raptors rule
cunfuzzed
Clonehunter
Andrew
Raging Raptor
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Are YOU going to help?

OFFICIAL JURASSIC MODS REDIRECTION LIST - Page 2 Vote_lcap43%OFFICIAL JURASSIC MODS REDIRECTION LIST - Page 2 Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 3 ]
OFFICIAL JURASSIC MODS REDIRECTION LIST - Page 2 Vote_lcap29%OFFICIAL JURASSIC MODS REDIRECTION LIST - Page 2 Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]
OFFICIAL JURASSIC MODS REDIRECTION LIST - Page 2 Vote_lcap28%OFFICIAL JURASSIC MODS REDIRECTION LIST - Page 2 Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 7

OFFICIAL JURASSIC MODS REDIRECTION LIST - Page 2 Empty Re: OFFICIAL JURASSIC MODS REDIRECTION LIST

Post  Andrew Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:53 am

We used Forumotion. The features aren't all that great.

Andrew
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL JURASSIC MODS REDIRECTION LIST - Page 2 Empty Re: OFFICIAL JURASSIC MODS REDIRECTION LIST

Post  Raging Raptor Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:28 pm

Andrew wrote:Perhaps We should end our scouting days, and let the members come to us. All we have to do is be patient. How do you think MG got members? Scouting people with more members than them like going on to JPL and PMign them? No. They advertised some, and in a few month,s there were the top. It's been three years and almost a half there now. They all spent a lot of time ,put effort, and didn't ask for members to come, they let them.... Which is what we could do.
That is a horrible idea. (no offense), Look at where 'not advertising' has gotten us? The last time anyone MASS advertised (actually put time into it), would be at least 5 months ago, when the site was somewhat active.

What your saying is basically "guys, don't put the fire out! Let it put itself out!"

which eventually would lead to doom.

Also if you do have full access you might be interested in installing PHPBB XL, it has far more features than basic PHPBB3 and is far more google friendly.

If we did that, then we would have to start aaaaaaaaallllllll over.
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:34 pm

so letting nature grow it's own way is a horrible idea? I never said fire, and MG doesn't advertise anymore, and they get 20 people almost a week.

Andrew
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  raptors rule Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:40 pm

That is still a bad idea.Half the time those people ask one question and never come back (55% of the time).If we don't advertise JM would have 14 members and decrease, and then totaly die out...Also MG is a bigger site.
raptors rule
raptors rule
Carnotaurus
Carnotaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:44 pm

But is still the same subject. The yhave more members, because it's more exciting. (No offense)

Andrew
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Dramacius Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:29 pm

Raging Raptor wrote:
Also if you do have full access you might be interested in installing PHPBB XL, it has far more features than basic PHPBB3 and is far more google friendly.

If we did that, then we would have to start aaaaaaaaallllllll over.

Not true, it is possible to backup and convert the forum to any other forum software, but it would require someone to pay for webspace with sql and php compatibilities.
Also I believe forumotion is phpbb

Dramacius
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:15 pm

Dramacius wrote:Not true, it is possible to backup and convert the forum to any other forum software, but it would require someone to pay for webspace with sql and php compatibilities.
Also I believe forumotion is phpbb
Yes, but we would need the HTML and codes the forum is made of, which, we don't have.
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Dramacius Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:32 pm

some forums allow you to get the sql data, thats all I would need to build the forum up with beter softwaee, if the webmaster of this board asks for it so they can migrate they should give it to them, i can't remember the details for how to do it exactly but can look into it tomorrow for you if you wish, i am at work atm and using my mobile to post this so difficult to get the details and post them, i think i have had a forumotion site in the past and remember seeing something about migrating the database. The forum software isn't important we have enough good artists on thi site to build a new site from the ground up graphically. If i could afford to i would set up a site for you but i cant afford the server costs.

[edit] dont need the html or codebase, i have better software for free on my hdd anyone can get it

Dramacius
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

Post  Gopher Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:13 pm

Raging Raptor wrote:
cunfuzzed wrote:*ahem* Wrong one. :P
I get all these accounts mixed up. I don't see why yall don't just use your original usernames, it's easier to keep track of who is who. :P

Meh, it's more fun this way. Razz

I'm sorry, but it makes me feel rather embarrassed when we have to come down to this to get members on our site...Sure, the invited members may only visit the site once in a while, but I think it's possibly worth a try, despite what confuzzed/TWK/whatever says.
Gopher
Gopher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:17 pm

Gopher wrote:
Raging Raptor wrote:
cunfuzzed wrote:*ahem* Wrong one. :P
I get all these accounts mixed up. I don't see why yall don't just use your original usernames, it's easier to keep track of who is who. :P

Meh, it's more fun this way. OFFICIAL JURASSIC MODS REDIRECTION LIST - Page 2 864854

I'm sorry, but it makes me feel rather embarrassed when we have to come down to this to get members on our site...Sure, the invited members may only visit the site once in a while, but I think it's possibly worth a try, despite what confuzzed/TWK/whatever says.
Well its not that bad, official forums do it to, and some even pressure you to do so. BTW Can I post a link to JM at a major zt2 site I'm a member of instead of pming?

Back to top Go down

Post  Clonehunter Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:15 am

What site? I belive the only MAJOR Zt2 site is Zoo Tek Pheonix, is that where your reffering to?
Clonehunter
Clonehunter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:10 pm

Clonehunter wrote:What site? I belive the only MAJOR Zt2 site is Zoo Tek Pheonix, is that where your reffering to?
Zoo tycoon volcano is way more famouse in the zt2 community that ztp, Most design teams come frome there and It hadthe most members and dls until it got hacked

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:59 am

Hm. I thought ONLY the administrator of the site could do that.

Andrew
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:02 pm

Andrew wrote:Hm. I thought ONLY the administrator of the site could do that.
There where three root admins, and a sort of less powered admin and he was annoyed at all of the n00bs stealing projects and got a root admin to premote him to root admin, and then hack the site, then the creator made a newsite and IP banned both admins.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:04 pm

I MEANT only admins could "post the link" known as "advertising"

Andrew
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:37 pm

Andrew wrote:I MEANT only admins could "post the link" known as "advertising"
OH...alriht then...

Back to top Go down

Post  Dramacius Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:22 am

Allosaurus571, are you around still, I have found software to convert this board to a proper PHPBB3 board if you are interested PM me and I will send you the details.

Dramacius
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

Post  Allosaurus571 Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:18 pm

Thanks, I would pm Gopher, as he is more of the sites, designer.
Allosaurus571
Allosaurus571
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dramacius Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:53 pm

Thanks Allo, I have PM'ed Gopher now, if you guys go ahead with it I can do all the work in a few hours and would be prepared to do it for free.

Dramacius
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

Post  Nemesis Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:36 pm

Forumotion doesn't give away the database at all per their terms of service and the site database would be lost if we moved.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Dramacius Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:58 pm

Nemesis wrote:Forumotion doesn't give away the database at all per their terms of service and the site database would be lost if we moved.

The database wouldn't be lost if you moved, the only thing that would be lost is the permissions and moderators, but thats not a real problem because they can be redone manually.

There is software out there that will copy the whole forum and create SQL files that would need to be imported to a SQL database, it is a slow painstaking process and the Forumotion forum has to be setup back end in a specific way. Nothing that seriously affects users. All the users would then have a randomly generated password emailed to them automatically, which would also contact old members and maybe encourage them to return, I can make it so that the admins have access to the site before the users get the passwords sent out but they would then get there passwords reset when everyone else does (I think, I've not tested that yet)

I have the software sitting infrount of me but am not able to, or willing to go ahead with it until an Admin says so, at which point I will instruct admins what changes to this site would be required, I would not expect access to this site and would then give the new Admin account for the new site to them to lock or do as they see fit with so I don't have admin access to the new site.

I wouldn't need any access to the existing SQL database to do it with this meathod as the software available creates its own SQL data.

Dramacius
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2