Jurassic Mods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OFFICIAL JURASSIC MODS REDIRECTION LIST

+5
raptors rule
cunfuzzed
Clonehunter
Andrew
Raging Raptor
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Are YOU going to help?

OFFICIAL JURASSIC MODS REDIRECTION LIST Vote_lcap43%OFFICIAL JURASSIC MODS REDIRECTION LIST Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 3 ]
OFFICIAL JURASSIC MODS REDIRECTION LIST Vote_lcap29%OFFICIAL JURASSIC MODS REDIRECTION LIST Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]
OFFICIAL JURASSIC MODS REDIRECTION LIST Vote_lcap28%OFFICIAL JURASSIC MODS REDIRECTION LIST Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 7

OFFICIAL JURASSIC MODS REDIRECTION LIST Empty OFFICIAL JURASSIC MODS REDIRECTION LIST

Post  Raging Raptor Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:22 pm

As you know, JM is under heavy re-doing and expansion. We need to keep track of who gets who here.

HERE IS WHAT YOU DO

Go to a site where someone might be interested in dinosaurs in general, if they don't like JPOG, it doesn't matter. This site will be appealing to a broad audience sooner than you think..

So, once you find someone on a different site, you have to eMail them, or PM them, or use the sites messaging system to invite them.

Once you have the messaging system up, you have to do AT LEAST the following.

-Introduce yourself.

-Get up line (you seem like a real dino enthusiast! Hey, I'm a member of a cool dino site, and it would be an honor to get you there!) (don't be afraid to suck up)

-Tell them your username on this site! this way we can make sure that YOU redirected them.

-Tell them to PM you once they joined, then forward the message to me, andrew, nemesis, or one of the administrators.

-*important* GIVE THEM THE LINK TO THE SITE

-come to this topic, and post the username of the user you directed towards us.

-give us the link of the site the new user came from

Every redirect gets you 3 automatic rep points, AND rep points from whoever wants to give you a pat on the back. ONE RULE: DO NOT SPAM SITES WITH OUR LINK. KEEP THIS RESTRICTED TO PMS!

If people start to get irritated, just don't mention it for a little while, and don't be a bother.

How else can I help?
Put JM's link in your signatures on every forum possible. Bring it up in eConversation regularly. When a dino question is asked, wrather than answer their question, answer it, and say "I got that information from <place JM url here>

For gods sakes, don't leave or spam. Every person gone is another reason for other members to leave.

YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERY PERSON YOU DIRECT HERE. If you bring a spammer here, your reps will be taken away, and credibility will be decreased.

Now get to reviving and directing. Your individual work is greatly appreciated.
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL JURASSIC MODS REDIRECTION LIST Empty Re: OFFICIAL JURASSIC MODS REDIRECTION LIST

Post  Andrew Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:00 pm

Hell Yea! Why not, try to contact some of the old members that use to be here?

Andrew
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL JURASSIC MODS REDIRECTION LIST Empty Re: OFFICIAL JURASSIC MODS REDIRECTION LIST

Post  Raging Raptor Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:08 pm

This topic is for lists only, so try too keep all of that in the suggestions topic. But very nice idea...

Anyway, I sent a Pm to

Thunderaptor
site:Modding Genesis.

Dramacius
site: Modding Genesis
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:46 pm

I sent one.

Name:Spinosaurus Rules

Site: Modding Genesis.

Waiting for response.

Andrew
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:06 pm

A MEMBER HAS ACCEPTED MY REQUEST!

JurassicPark!Hunter
Site: Modding Genesis

Our expansion is working! Chalk one up! He is a Mod tester, he is very nice at what he does. Any mods you need tested or searched for bugs, go to him!
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:23 pm

Nice! thats great!

Andrew
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Clonehunter Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:26 pm

Site: Modding Genesis

(I feel like a freakin Infomercial.Dont ask why.)
Clonehunter
Clonehunter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:34 pm

I was about to ask him, but I found someone else.

Name:Liopleurodon
Site: Modding Genesis.

Waiting for response.

I feel like a salesman. Or a Real estater.

Andrew
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:03 pm

UDATE ON DRAMACIUS!

He has now joined!

I have successfully redirected 2 members. Thank you guys for your cooperation!
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:45 pm

UPDATE! Spinosaurus Rules Known for Spinosaurus dominate has joined us! Welcome Spinosaurus!

Andrew
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cunfuzzed Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:58 am

Hypothetical question: why bother PMing every member you think might be interested, when you could simply create a topic advertising this site, with a basic description of it? It's far simpler, and just as effective. Either that, or you could just add links to the site in your signatures.

cunfuzzed
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:15 am

cunfuzzed wrote:Hypothetical question: why bother PMing every member you think might be interested, when you could simply create a topic advertising this site, with a basic description of it? It's far simpler, and just as effective. Either that, or you could just add links to the site in your signatures.
True, but, most new members usually show up, and if they don't receive help, they leave. They probably don't have near enough time to go searching through the forum until they stumble upon the advertisement. It Is far harder to do it this way, yes, but it not only is more effective, it ensures whoever we PM will join.
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:36 am

It doesn't always work though. And maybe newer gaming places would be interested.

Andrew
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cunfuzzed Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:13 pm

Raging Raptor wrote:True, but, most new members usually show up, and if they don't receive help, they leave. They probably don't have near enough time to go searching through the forum until they stumble upon the advertisement. It Is far harder to do it this way, yes, but it not only is more effective, it ensures whoever we PM will join.
No, it isn't, and no it doesn't. First of all, if you want them to be able to find it, you could just keep the topic update regularly. That's really not that hard to do. Second of all, it significantly limits user turnout. Third, there's a fine line between asking someone to join your site, and harassing them into joining.

And btw, if they're too lazy to click a link in your signature (or don't want to) they're not going to join anyway.

cunfuzzed
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:23 pm

We weren't harassing, we were like Askertiving.

Andrew
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cunfuzzed Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:36 pm

Andrew wrote:We weren't harassing, we were like Askertiving.
I'm just saying that there's a fine line between what you guys are doing, and harassing users into joining.

cunfuzzed
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  raptors rule Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:45 pm

cunfuzzed wrote:
Andrew wrote:We weren't harassing, we were like Askertiving.
I'm just saying that there's a fine line between what you guys are doing, and harassing users into joining.

How is that?We are only asking them to join, We aren't saying they have to join.Now how is asking harassing?
raptors rule
raptors rule
Carnotaurus
Carnotaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:23 pm

I disagree with you there, Neo.

Harrassing is PMing them tirelessly, saying "please please please join"

My method, if you so desparately need to know for whatever reason that somehow benefits you, is to tell them that there is another site that is dying, revolved around JPOG, called Jurassic Mods. I tell them they have the choice to not join and that it is completely optional where they stay. I don't pressure them to do anything. That is one of the guidelines I pm'd most people participating in this.

Anyway, even if this was "harassment" as you so boldly say it, they would have promptly told one of the higher authority of your site (MG) and had us disciplined, or at least told us to shut up. (which none of them have done)

Each member we invite NEVER gets more than one invitation, because every time we send an invitation, it is recorded here, and their status. If they turn down our offer, or aren't interested, we put next to their status "not interested" or "offer declined"

This way no one is 'harassed'.

And, about you asking 'why not make a topic', this is because there is already an advertisement, which was mostly ridiculed wrather than input. There is a fine line between ridiculing and putting in productive negative input. Instead of telling Allo what was wrong with his site, you dismissed him altogether, and basically challenged his creativity, and dubbed this site a newb site, which is why most loyal members here don't take a liking to your site.

Now, I'm not saying you should have called it perfect, but some helpful input would have been nice. I mean, saying negative stuff is perfectly o.k, but not if it just a straight up diss on the site. So yea, making a topic is just going to be a re-run of the previous embarassment and hell you guys put the members here (at that time) through, so why would we EVER do that again?

Plus, this method is more effective, cause we target JUST the members we are interested in scouting. Instead of just taking noobs, we take people who stay in line at your site (and others) and ask them to join. That's it. That way we don't recruit any more spammers or flamers. And it's not like we are just targeting you guys. I go to youtube and other sites regularly and send invitations. The only difference is, the responses are quicker when we ask people from your site, since they are so eager for receiving and giving help to make a name for themselves. For instance, when a member asks a question on MG or any other site, in a PM we answer their question, and tell them if they need any more assistance, come here. No pressure, no cons or scams. I could not see a reason in the world why you guys would get mad at us. I like MG very much, and if this causes enough of a disturbance to one of my favorite communities, I can promptly stop scouting members from there. Wink

On top of that, according to the MG rules, only one topic per site. BY IT's CREATOR, who is allo, who never goes there unless it is for his game.

Sorry if this was that much of a trouble.
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cunfuzzed Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:03 pm

Raging Raptor wrote:I disagree with you there, Neo.
*ahem* Wrong one. :P

Raging Raptor wrote:And, about you asking 'why not make a topic', this is because there is already an advertisement, which was mostly ridiculed wrather than input. There is a fine line between ridiculing and putting in productive negative input. Instead of telling Allo what was wrong with his site, you dismissed him altogether, and basically challenged his creativity, and dubbed this site a newb site, which is why most loyal members here don't take a liking to your site.
I can't seem to find the topic you're referring to. There is a topic where this site is mentioned, but there is no topic specifically about this site. And a lot of the criticism of this site (at least, that I read) was valid.

Raging Raptor wrote:Plus, this method is more effective, cause we target JUST the members we are interested in scouting. Instead of just taking noobs, we take people who stay in line at your site (and others) and ask them to join. That's it. That way we don't recruit any more spammers or flamers. And it's not like we are just targeting you guys. I go to youtube and other sites regularly and send invitations.
You seem to have missed the point as to why I was telling you this: it doesn't work. I personally have used the same tactic you're proposing back in the days when MG was inactive, and believe me, it doesn't work. Targeting just the members you want will not, under any circumstances make this an active site. All it will do is just make the site less dead. You have to take the risk that you're going to get some spammers and flamers, if you want the site to become active. This isn't multiple choice. You can't pick and choose your members, if you want a site to be active. If you could, we wouldn't need rules.

There's no need to get mad at me. I'm just offering my opinion.

I highly doubt DL would care if one of the staff members of this site were to make a topic about it.

Last edited by cunfuzzed on Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

cunfuzzed
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Clonehunter Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:07 pm

cunfuzzed wrote:
Raging Raptor wrote:I disagree with you there, Neo.
*ahem* Wrong one. :P

Yah arnt you TWK?
Clonehunter
Clonehunter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:15 pm

cunfuzzed wrote:*ahem* Wrong one. :P
I get all these accounts mixed up. I don't see why yall don't just use your original usernames, it's easier to keep track of who is who. :P

I can't seem to find the topic you're referring to. There is a topic where this site is mentioned, but there is no topic specifically about this site.
I was talkin bout Allo's farewell post. But now that you mention it, it wasn't really an advertisement, so your right. But still, allo barely goes there at all, let alone to advertise a site. I'm not even sure that he has enough posts there to even do so.

You seem to have missed the point as to why I was telling you this: it doesn't work. I personally have used the same tactic you're proposing back in the days when MG was inactive, and believe me, it doesn't work. Targeting just the members you want will not, under any circumstances make this an active site. All it will do is just make the site less dead. You have to take the risk that you're going to get some spammers and flamers, if you want the site to become active.
Oh. It just sounded to me like you where telling us to stay away from scouting some of your members. And this project isn't to keep it active, it is just to get it started up. This is just stage one. This is the part where we get trustworthy members, and then we start mass advertisement. It's just, it's harder to deal with spammers if there is barely anyone here. So after we get a good amount (at least 10 more on top of what we have) we'll start making topics on multiple forums.

There's no need to get mad at me
I wasn't mad, I was trying to be assertive. Most of the time, if someone in an argument with you and they are passive, they are doomed.

I'm just offering my opinion.
Thank you for doing so. ^_^
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Allosaurus571 Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:19 pm

Raging Raptor wrote:
cunfuzzed wrote:*ahem* Wrong one. :P
I can't seem to find the topic you're referring to. There is a topic where this site is mentioned, but there is no topic specifically about this site.
I was talkin bout Allo's farewell post. But now that you mention it, it wasn't really an advertisement, so your right. But still, allo barely goes there at all, let alone to advertise a site. I'm not even sure that he has enough posts there to even do so.

I used to have a lot of of posts, but I lost like 350 from my old UDEP topic, lol. And if you have any suggestions for this site, please post them, I am working hard to make this place better.
Allosaurus571
Allosaurus571
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cunfuzzed Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:29 pm

Raging Raptor wrote:Oh. It just sounded to me like you where telling us to stay away from scouting some of your members. And this project isn't to keep it active, it is just to get it started up. This is just stage one. This is the part where we get trustworthy members, and then we start mass advertisement. It's just, it's harder to deal with spammers if there is barely anyone here. So after we get a good amount (at least 10 more on top of what we have) we'll start making topics on multiple forums.
Don't take this the wrong way, but I doubt you'll get ten more seriously active members with your approach.

Raging Raptor wrote:I wasn't mad, I was trying to be assertive. Most of the time, if someone in an argument with you and they are passive, they are doomed.
Meh. If something is actually important enough for me to seriously argue about, it won't matter how assertive you are. You're still doomed. OFFICIAL JURASSIC MODS REDIRECTION LIST Icon_razz

cunfuzzed
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:43 pm

Perhaps We should end our scouting days, and let the members come to us. All we have to do is be patient. How do you think MG got members? Scouting people with more members than them like going on to JPL and PMign them? No. They advertised some, and in a few month,s there were the top. It's been three years and almost a half there now. They all spent a lot of time ,put effort, and didn't ask for members to come, they let them.... Which is what we could do.

Andrew
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Dramacius Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:56 am

you want the site to be more active you have to plaster the link to the site everywhere, I have experience of this, just google my name.

also you need to keep the content interesting, and fresh, Don't know if you can but I had a site where I installed a RSS bot that just posted news info from a regular RSS feed, it can get annoying if it doesn't work you also have to have full access to the sites software and I don't think you do on this site. Is the site paid for? if it is do you have access to the SQL database and the FTP server? If you don't pay for the site then you probably wont have that access.

Also if you do have full access you might be interested in installing PHPBB XL, it has far more features than basic PHPBB3 and is far more google friendly.

I always use it when I build a forum.

Last edited by Dramacius on Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added more info)

Dramacius
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next