Jurassic Mods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site Design

+10
Nova
RyanRaptor
thegrimmshow
Brachiosaurus582
OOPPEL
godzillaman
JPOG Nerd 01
THE DINOSAUR MAN
Allosaurus571
Gopher
14 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Site Design - Page 5 Empty Re: Site Design

Post  Raging Raptor Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:45 am

True. They could just make it a lighter red than the rest, to stick out a little when there is a new topic.
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Nova Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:49 pm

Also, could the logo be shrunk. Its irritating having to scroll down
Nova
Nova
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:28 pm

yea, but its a really nice logo, you gotta admit.
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Nova Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:52 am

I like the logo, but it shouldn't interfere with the forum
Nova
Nova
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  thegrimmshow Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:19 am

the logo's size looks fine to me. Very Happy
thegrimmshow
thegrimmshow
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Nova Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:19 am

You have to scroll a while, it takes up to much room.

Really it should be half the size, no decent forums have a logo that big.
Nova
Nova
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  thegrimmshow Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:55 am

well. it's still fine with me. Very Happy it's what represents us.and i'm proud of it. Very Happy
thegrimmshow
thegrimmshow
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Nova Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:00 am

It doesn't have to go, just be smaller.

One credit to MG is that their logo is about the right size. It doesn't detract from forum pleasure
Nova
Nova
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  thegrimmshow Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:00 am

oh.ok.yeah.there logo was cool.but ours is cooler. Very Happy maybe they enlarged it to emphasize our group. Very Happy
thegrimmshow
thegrimmshow
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:14 am

Nova wrote:You have to scroll a while, it takes up to much room.

yes they do. THIS decent forum has a logo that big. And we look at it with pride. Very Happy
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Nova Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:22 pm

Raging Raptor wrote:

yes they do. THIS decent forum has a logo that big. And we look at it with pride. Very Happy
But scroll past it with displeasure
Nova
Nova
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  thegrimmshow Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:06 am

maybe you do.but not me. Very Happy
thegrimmshow
thegrimmshow
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:51 am

Yea! I like the logo; its not that much of a bother to ME. Just a couple of scrolls, thats all.
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow Raptor444 Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:25 am

i think the logo looks rather nice, i dont see any problem with it

Shadow Raptor444
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:30 pm

Well its smaller now. I didnt see any problem with the big one (unless i was on my labtop like i am now)

But everything is harder on my labtop.
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow Raptor444 Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:35 pm

dude i so know what you mean, i used to use my moms laptop and whenever i got on Spartan 117's site it would always take it forever to do anything, it was annoying.

Shadow Raptor444
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:05 pm

Lol its just im not good with a trap pad

Back to topic, the logo does look a little more defined now that the pixels have been compressed a little, that shows some good outta it
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow Raptor444 Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:34 pm

i agree with u, the logo looks really nice

Shadow Raptor444
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Gopher Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:13 pm

Nova wrote:
Raging Raptor wrote:

But scroll past it with displeasure

I can see why you have no reputation around here.

-You try to sound mature; yet it doesn't work.

-You insult our effort to make the logo.

If it's too large for your beady eyes, then don't look at it. Or just rip out your eyes and feed them to your goats. We're not going to change our originality in logo design just because one user with no reputation doesn't like it. The size makes it unique. We made this site so it can be as original as possible; not something that leans on Mg's shoulder for support, copying everything they do. We are independent, and if any of you have anything more to say about the logo, PM me. We're not going to clog the forums with this argument.

On the other hand, Nova, or whatever your name is, I can see you're not used to a logo with such a size.
Maybe I will consider this.
Maybe not.

If this site is running slow on your computer, then it is not our fault--it is an issue with your computer. My loading of this site is not slow at all, and is faster than MG because we don't have so many posts.

I can't spend all my life debating whether this logo should be smaller or stay the same--I actually have a life.

Technology these days-- People demand things to be much faster because we are gradually becoming more lazy.
Are you really so lazy you can't scroll down? I think the forum length is also an issue of how much space posters have for one post. Maybe that is too large.
Gopher
Gopher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:56 am

Logo is back to its size!!
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Gopher Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:02 pm

Shadow Raptor444 wrote:
Gopher wrote:

If it's too large for your beady eyes, then don't look at it. Or just rip out your eyes and feed them to your goats. We're not going to change our originality in logo design just because one user with no reputation doesn't like it. The size makes it unique. We made this site so it can be as original as possible; not something that leans on Mg's shoulder for support, copying everything they do. We are independent, and if any of you have anything more to say about the logo, PM me. We're not going to clog the forums with this argument.

Are you really so lazy you can't scroll down? I think the forum length is also an issue of how much space posters have for one post. Maybe that is too large.

first off, you are no better than him just because you have more rep points ok. having more rep makes you no better than anyone else on the site, and its not very nice of you to think you are better than someone just because you have more rep, which i should add, are just words with no meaning other than what you give them.
secondly, i like the logo just as much as the next guy. but that doesnt mean that i dont have my own opinions on it just like you, or RR, or Nova. but just because you have ur own opinions, that does not mean that you should insult him just because he has his own, different belief on it. and, being as you are someone with a high position of admin, you should know better than to insult a member of the site that you are an admin on. you are supposed to stop ppl from doing what you have just done.

What a sad, sad excuse for a 15 year old...
I never said I was better than that Nova person. I can see why you have a bad reputation.
I am not using my Administrator ranking to get the better of you. If I was a regular user I would still say the same.

You are lucky I'm not using words I am thinking of.
Gopher
Gopher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:08 pm

Gopher wrote:
Shadow Raptor444 wrote:
Gopher wrote:

first off, you are no better than him just because you have more rep points ok. having more rep makes you no better than anyone else on the site, and its not very nice of you to think you are better than someone just because you have more rep, which i should add, are just words with no meaning other than what you give them.
secondly, i like the logo just as much as the next guy. but that doesnt mean that i dont have my own opinions on it just like you, or RR, or Nova. but just because you have ur own opinions, that does not mean that you should insult him just because he has his own, different belief on it. and, being as you are someone with a high position of admin, you should know better than to insult a member of the site that you are an admin on. you are supposed to stop ppl from doing what you have just done.

What a sad, sad excuse for a 15 year old...
I never said I was better than that Nova person. I can see why you have a bad reputation.
I am not using my Administrator ranking to get the better of you. If I was a regular user I would still say the same.

You are lucky I'm not using words I am thinking of.

Gopher, that shows good in this conversation. i agree 100%, i know how bold you are, and you would say that if you had no rep or no admin rank. That is what sets you apart, and your argument is more than valid.

Gopher has his opinion, and he never ever bragged about his Rep or used it as an excuse to be better than anyone. for your defending your site, and defending your opinion and your reputation around here, i award you +1 karma.
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Gopher Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:23 pm

Thank you for the support.

And yes, I do realize that the logo is slightly big. Maybe I can update the logo, make a new theme, ( Like I do for every season) and resize it. I appreciate everyone's consideration, and we will take your advice sooner or later. (That is, of course, if it is good advice).
Gopher
Gopher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thegrimmshow Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:41 am

the logo is fine for me gopher. Very Happy .[sorry if wasn't online much.im having a hard time to get an excuse. but i promise. i will be.] Very Happy
thegrimmshow
thegrimmshow
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Gopher Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:26 pm

No problem, Gimm. I can't always be online, either.
Gopher
Gopher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next