Jurassic Mods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spinosaurus VS T-Rex

+9
Raptorlover
RyanRaptor
Spartan 117
Universal genesis
Allosaurus571
Gopher
thegrimmshow
godzillaman
JPOG Nerd 01
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Spinosaurus VS T-Rex Empty Spinosaurus VS T-Rex

Post  Guest Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:29 am

Rex would probably win if they fought. Sniper

Last edited by Rexyman on Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Spinosaurus VS T-Rex Empty Re: Spinosaurus VS T-Rex

Post  JPOG Nerd 01 Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:52 am

Rexyman wrote:Spino would probably win if they fought. Sniper
Why use that smiley ? And i think Rex would win. easily
JPOG Nerd 01
JPOG Nerd 01
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Back to top Go down

Post  godzillaman Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:58 pm

Rexyman wrote:Spino would probably win if they fought. Sniper
You're kidding, right? Rexy had the strongest jaws of any animal ever, past or present.
godzillaman
godzillaman
Acrocanthosaurus
Acrocanthosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  thegrimmshow Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:02 am

yeah.rexxy would probably win. but according to studies. spino was one of the biggest carnivores ever uncovered. might have been even bigger than ol' rexxy. Very Happy
thegrimmshow
thegrimmshow
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Gopher Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:04 pm

godzillaman wrote:
You're kidding, right? Rexy had the strongest jaws of any animal ever, past or present.
Very true, its bite force (I can't recall how many pounds/grams right now) was extremely powerful, designed to crunch right through bone. However, for most carnivores, the musculature that helped tear away chunks of flesh was in the neck.

yeah.rexxy would probably win. but according to studies. spino was one of the biggest carnivores ever uncovered. might have been even bigger than ol' rexxy. Very Happy
WAS even larger than a Rex.

However, before one makes a topic such as this, you have to consider if T Rex and SPino even lived in the same time period...which they did not; so a scene like the one in JPIII is not plausible.
Gopher
Gopher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thegrimmshow Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:04 pm

but still, there are what if's. and what if they did live in the same place and time? right Question
thegrimmshow
thegrimmshow
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Allosaurus571 Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:39 pm

super spino on islanublar.darkbb.com wrote:Actually, that is not true. Let's lay down some facts here before everybody uses JP/// as a scientific refference. First of all Spino was not the whale sized monster that it was in JP///. In fact, it probably wasn't even a hunter at all. It was more like a fisher. Evidence suggests that since spino's teeth were designed like baryonx and suchominus, both of which are fish eaters, it is more likely than not that spino was in fact a fish eater. And if spino did want to hunt something, it would have to be small. Anything bigger than and Oranosaurus would be way to big to kill. So if it would eat meat it would probably scavenge something dead.

As for t-rex it is a proven hunter. Scars on trike's frills and Edmontosaurus' skeletons suggest that these dinos were victims of t-rex but escaped, therefore proving it was a hunter. As a hunter and being much bigger in size , as well as, having specialized crushing teeth t-rex would have no problem killing a spino if they ever lived together.

Allosaurus571 on islanublar.darkbb.com wrote:Did you hear super spino. I agree with him 100% Spino WAS NOT built to fight. Rex would win hands down. Spino also had the weak spine. you can't grow back bone if its broken off in a fight. Spino would have no chance unless the rex was dead or dying.

Allosaurus571 on islanublar.darkbb.com wrote:Long Snout=Fishing and would not be as strong as a more compact jaw

Size doesn't matter all that much here, only about 5 foot difference.

Rex had one of the most powerful bite power per square inch EVER

The spine on the Spino was WEAK! And, you can't grow back bones, witch the spine is made out of.

The arms may have been bigger but there is not much you can do with them when your neck is being crush or your on the ground with rexy on top of you.

You guys have to get your facts straight. Rex will win. And, don't trust JPIII, its wrong Wink

REX WINS HANDS DOWN!
Allosaurus571
Allosaurus571
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thegrimmshow Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:13 am

oh yeah. rex wins. Very Happy
thegrimmshow
thegrimmshow
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Allosaurus571 Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:09 pm

Thank you.
Allosaurus571
Allosaurus571
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thegrimmshow Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:11 pm

your welcome. Very Happy
thegrimmshow
thegrimmshow
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Gopher Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:13 pm

thegrimmshow wrote:but still, there are what if's. and what if they did live in the same place and time? right Question

That is completely illogical. They did not live in the same time and place at all. Paleontologists have determined this. It is no uneducated guess.
Gopher
Gopher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Universal genesis Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:41 am

I think that spino wins. Hammer
Universal genesis
Universal genesis
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Allosaurus571 Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:18 am

Allosaurus571 wrote:
super spino on islanublar.darkbb.com wrote:Actually, that is not true. Let's lay down some facts here before everybody uses JP/// as a scientific refference. First of all Spino was not the whale sized monster that it was in JP///. In fact, it probably wasn't even a hunter at all. It was more like a fisher. Evidence suggests that since spino's teeth were designed like baryonx and suchominus, both of which are fish eaters, it is more likely than not that spino was in fact a fish eater. And if spino did want to hunt something, it would have to be small. Anything bigger than and Oranosaurus would be way to big to kill. So if it would eat meat it would probably scavenge something dead.

As for t-rex it is a proven hunter. Scars on trike's frills and Edmontosaurus' skeletons suggest that these dinos were victims of t-rex but escaped, therefore proving it was a hunter. As a hunter and being much bigger in size , as well as, having specialized crushing teeth t-rex would have no problem killing a spino if they ever lived together.

Allosaurus571 on islanublar.darkbb.com wrote:Did you hear super spino. I agree with him 100% Spino WAS NOT built to fight. Rex would win hands down. Spino also had the weak spine. you can't grow back bone if its broken off in a fight. Spino would have no chance unless the rex was dead or dying.

Allosaurus571 on islanublar.darkbb.com wrote:Long Snout=Fishing and would not be as strong as a more compact jaw

Size doesn't matter all that much here, only about 5 foot difference.

Rex had one of the most powerful bite power per square inch EVER

The spine on the Spino was WEAK! And, you can't grow back bones, witch the spine is made out of.

The arms may have been bigger but there is not much you can do with them when your neck is being crush or your on the ground with rexy on top of you.

You guys have to get your facts straight. Rex will win. And, don't trust JPIII, its wrong Wink

REX WINS HANDS DOWN!
Allosaurus571
Allosaurus571
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  godzillaman Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:07 pm

Universal genesis wrote:I think that spino wins. Hammer
Isn't it funny how people post in a topic without even bothering to read what people have been discussing?
godzillaman
godzillaman
Acrocanthosaurus
Acrocanthosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan 117 Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:44 pm

I go for Spino.... Very Happy
Spartan 117
Spartan 117
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  RyanRaptor Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:08 pm

Why do people make these things? Lock this topic!! Evil or Very Mad
RyanRaptor
RyanRaptor
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  thegrimmshow Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:32 pm

do we really have to? this is for what people want to say. Very Happy
thegrimmshow
thegrimmshow
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Raptorlover Sat May 09, 2009 5:28 pm

Spinosaurus
Spino is faster, more agile and larger, plus it had long crocodile like jaws with better reach the t.rex. Oh and it does not have a weak bite!

Tyrannosaurus
T.rex is smaller, but with a slightly more powerfull bite. Large head for butting and bitting. It has tiny arms, however, it is more heavily built than Spino.

See, it's not t.rex wins hands down, it's more of a 50/50 battle.
Raptorlover
Raptorlover
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

Post  Allosaurus571 Sat May 09, 2009 7:38 pm

1: Being fast and agile comes at what cost? Being very fragile, like the raptor. It's spine was also fragile.
2: The Rex had THE strongest bite force ever. The spino long jaws couldn't be very strong because the strength has to spread out all over the jaw evenly, where as the Rex's Jaw was compact and unimaginably strong.
3: Spino was not built for fighting, it was built for fishing, unlike the rex.

And I know my facts are accurate because I study dinosaurs. Wink
Allosaurus571
Allosaurus571
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Raptorlover Sat May 09, 2009 9:17 pm

Allosaurus571 wrote:1: Being fast and agile comes at what cost? Wink
Being able to dodge t.rex's jaws.
Allosaurus571 wrote:And I know my facts are accurate because I study dinosaurs. Wink
Listen pal, I study them to!
Raptorlover
Raptorlover
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

Post  godzillaman Sun May 10, 2009 10:43 am

Allo is right. Check this out. First, Look at this Gharial Skull:
Spinosaurus VS T-Rex 423917273_d47d753af0

Now this Spinosaurus: (Sorry, I couldn't find a better picture. Please focus on the skull.)
Spinosaurus VS T-Rex 1006107

The two heads look awfully similar, don't they?
Now, read this:
Although gharials have sacrificed the great mechanical strength of the robust skull and jaw that most crocodiles and alligators have, and in consequence cannot prey on large creatures, the reduced weight and water resistance of their lighter skull and very narrow jaw gives gharials the ability to catch rapidly moving fish
Can you imagine the Spino being much different? Also, the Spine, if it was used for display, like a peacock's fan, was probably filled with blood vessels to give it plenty of color. One bite from a T-Rex's jaw, and, well, read this:
T. rex's lower jaw could apply 200,000 newtons of force, or enough strength to lift a tractor-trailer.
Spino would have bled to death in a matter of minutes. And if ol' Rexy had gone to the neck? Not pretty. I think that Giantosaurus would have been a better choice for the movie, but the filmmakers deided not to include it because it would look too similar to T-Rex and it would be hard to follow the fight. Now, is there any doubt that Tyrannosaurus Rex could have easily killed Spinosaurus?
godzillaman
godzillaman
Acrocanthosaurus
Acrocanthosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Gopher Sun May 10, 2009 5:10 pm

Allosaurus571 wrote:1: Being fast and agile comes at what cost? Being very fragile, like the raptor. It's spine was also fragile.
2: The Rex had THE strongest bite force ever. The spino long jaws couldn't be very strong because the strength has to spread out all over the jaw evenly, where as the Rex's Jaw was compact and unimaginably strong.
3: Spino was not built for fighting, it was built for fishing, unlike the rex.

And I know my facts are accurate because I study dinosaurs. Wink

Lol--Those are just general facts. Look at size comparison....

Anyways, this could go on forever, and Spino and T rex did not even live in teh same era, so I must lock this...
Gopher
Gopher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  godzillaman Sun May 10, 2009 9:50 pm

Don't lock this until everyone knows that rex would win.
godzillaman
godzillaman
Acrocanthosaurus
Acrocanthosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  thegrimmshow Thu May 14, 2009 7:03 am

yea. rex would surely win. even if they lived in the same area. rex is totally built to kill. Very Happy
thegrimmshow
thegrimmshow
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Spinosaurus VS T-Rex Empty spino vs rex

Post  Darth_Spino Fri May 15, 2009 10:27 am

spino win :very strong arms, huge claw, spinosaurus teeth help hold on to prey result:
SPINO WINS HANDS DOWN YOU PEOPLE! Stay Down!! Stay Down!! Stay Down!!
i also been studing dinosaurs for a long time too
Darth_Spino
Darth_Spino
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next