Jurassic Mods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Were All the Contenents conected ???

+13
raptors rule
Raptor
Clonehunter
F22-RAPTOR
Spinosaurus hunter
Nova
Raging Raptor
reptilecrazy12
thegrimmshow
Gopher
Allosaurus571
godzillaman
JPOG Nerd 01
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Were All the Contenents conected ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Were All the Contenents conected ???

Post  Raging Raptor Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:21 pm

Gopher wrote:Which has nothing to do with the question....
All land is resting on water, OBVIOUSLY, otherwise we would be floating at rapid speed into each other.

I agree, we would be like boats.

BUT hawaii would be losing. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Were All the Contenents conected ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Were All the Contenents conected ???

Post  Nova Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:02 am

The ground is connected to the crust. The crust is broken into plates, which float ontop of a sea of magma (lava, for the dummies). Its like what you were saying about it floating in water, except much slower, because it is very viscous.

They are still moving apart, the atlantic is widening by about 1 inch a year. They were all connected, sediment confirms it.

Anyone who disagrees is buyring their head in the sand...which is moving
Nova
Nova
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Spinosaurus hunter Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:36 pm

They were connected from late permian to late triassic.
Spinosaurus hunter
Spinosaurus hunter
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Allosaurus571 Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:06 pm

The ground is connected to the crust. The crust is broken into plates, which float ontop of a sea of magma (lava, for the dummies). Its like what you were saying about it floating in water, except much slower, because it is very viscous

Couldn't have put it better myself. I also learned that that The somalian plate (Africa's horn) is breaking off from africa and moving towards India, and Greece is heading towards north africa. All from that slow moving "Lava"
Allosaurus571
Allosaurus571
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:03 am

hahahaha.

If we look back in time (on the topic) he wants to know when they where broken up drastically, or where the dinos around while the seven continents where here, i think- is what hes asking
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Gopher Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:56 pm

Sorry to revive this slightly old topic, but this is just a message for all who do not believe the plates were connected:

plates on earth were, and always have been connected. End of story. However, many people believe that many years ago, all of the continents were connected together to form one mass-continent, Pangea. We have enough scientific proof to confirm this.
Gopher
Gopher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  F22-RAPTOR Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:15 pm

But if all plates are connected why does the world look like this and not the super contanint ('Question')
F22-RAPTOR
F22-RAPTOR
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

Post  Clonehunter Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:20 pm

The sea floor is the anser. We are connected thru thru the seafloor. And welcome to JM Smile
Clonehunter
Clonehunter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Back to top Go down

Post  F22-RAPTOR Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:35 pm

Your right in a way. But how did the super contanint break apart('Question') And thanks for welcoming me.
F22-RAPTOR
F22-RAPTOR
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

Post  Raptor Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:30 pm

F22-RAPTOR wrote:Your right in a way. But how did the super contanint break apart('Question') And thanks for welcoming me.
Erosion, volcanic activity, changes in earth, earthquakes..
Raptor
Raptor
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  raptors rule Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:36 pm

It's possible, but only a theory. Smile
raptors rule
raptors rule
Carnotaurus
Carnotaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nova Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:53 pm

Aren't the continents still moving?

I read somewhere that America is getting an inch closer to Asia every year
Nova
Nova
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  raptors rule Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:07 pm

Um..never heard of that, but I still don't believe it totaly, althought I do agree with it in my own ways. Smile
raptors rule
raptors rule
Carnotaurus
Carnotaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Raptor Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:20 pm

Nova wrote:Aren't the continents still moving?

I read somewhere that America is getting an inch closer to Asia every year
Yes It is. Book Of science and Facts.
Raptor
Raptor
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Gopher Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:53 pm

raptors rule wrote:It's possible, but only a theory. Smile

Wow, I thought we cleared this up a while ago...
Gopher
Gopher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:19 pm

Yes. Pangea. They were. Untill the plates moved, and it all broke off. Just look at it. It makes a puzzle. Look at mada gasgar. It lookes like it was torn off of from africa. Japan. obiously asia. Hawaii was from volcanoes. And america, and asia are side by side, looks like its been torn. Green land. Apart of america. Austrailia. Part of asia. Iceland, mabye from england. Or just some island.

Andrew
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Raptor Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:02 pm

It's Proven that Earth's Continents Move. They moved by Earthquakes, Plates Shifting,Erosion,Change In Earth's Activity, And Natural Disasters.

(And I bet This Will appear on MG)

Last edited by Raptor on Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Raptor
Raptor
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Allosaurus571 Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:31 am

Its not a theory, its proven
Allosaurus571
Allosaurus571
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nova Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:25 am

Allosaurus571 wrote:

Its not a theory, its proven
Is that not what a theory is? A collection of facts into a proven model?
Nova
Nova
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:29 am

I agree with Nova. It is a theory, but, it is a proven theory.
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  raptors rule Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:22 pm

Raging Raptor wrote:I agree with Nova. It is a theory, but, it is a proven theory.

Well I'm gona stay out of this,but in MY EYES it's a theory or proven theory.
raptors rule
raptors rule
Carnotaurus
Carnotaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:04 am

i believe yes and i think its called pangea
Unknown
Unknown
Herrerasaurus
Herrerasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nova Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:48 pm

raptors rule wrote:
Raging Raptor wrote:I agree with Nova. It is a theory, but, it is a proven theory.

Well I'm gona stay out of this,but in MY EYES it's a theory or proven theory.
Technically they are the same thing

It's only the colloquial definition of theory that conveys uncertainty. Scientific theories are everything laws are, just too complex to be summed up by math
Nova
Nova
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:20 pm

Why would they put theories that they arent sure about in science books? Like, we are learning alittle about it at achool. It HAS been proven. It makes a puzzle if you were the hands of god from above, or in a map.

Andrew
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:27 pm

Andrew wrote:Why would they put theories that they arent sure about in science books? Like, we are learning alittle about it at achool. It HAS been proven. It makes a puzzle if you were the hands of god from above, or in a map.
They will put anything in the science and school textbooks. My one textbook still uses the Aryan invasion theory, which is completely false.
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum