Jurassic Mods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JPOG 2 coming

+14
raptorclaw
jman12351
dimasaji
s1mpsons
Andrew
Velociraptor
Tyrant King Rex
Raptor X
alphahunter09
Clonehunter
Raging Raptor
RaptorSpinoRex
heatfreak22
raptors rule
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

JPOG 2 coming Empty JPOG 2 coming

Post  Guest Fri May 28, 2010 8:09 pm

This is a copy of the origional post by T-rexroar at Zoo Tycoon Volcano

Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis //

Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis // is a new modification for the game Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis set to enter the first stages of production in July. The modification is the first to be developed for both PC and PS3 platforms and plans to enhance every aspect of the game to make it even more challenging, entertaining and immersive then ever before.

Platforms: PC, PS3 (uses the PS2 version as a basis)
Genre: Tycoon Simulation
ESB: 11+

What is JP: OG //?

JP:OG // is a modification project for JPOG which aims to improve the overall graphical quality and entertainment value of the original game. JP:OG // is the first mod for JPOG which will be developed for both the PS3 and PC, though the PS3 version (which uses the original PS2 game) will be compatable only with PS3 systems capable of playing PS2 games due to the amount of additional content added to the game.

The mod was founded in 2008 under the title of the GS2M (or Genesis PS2 Mod). The modification aimed to improve the PS2 version of the original game, which was something nobody had ever attempted before. The mod later became the EE, or JP:OG Extended Edition when new ideas were made for the mod and when it was proposed to have versions both for the PS2 and the PS3. However, it was found that the PS2 was unable to cope with the level of extra additions made to the game via the mod, so the ability for the mod to be made to run on the PS2 system as well as the PS3 was removed. The mod, now named Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis // (the // replacing 2 is a reflection of the /// replacing the 3 in Jurassic Park ///) was established in 2010 and is now planned to be both for the PC and the PS3. It is worth noting, however, that the mod will only be able to run on PC systems capable of displaying grass, reflective water and high-quality models, animations and skins.

What does the mod aim to do?

JP:OG // aims to make the original game even better then before in a number of ways:

* By improving the graphical quality of the game to bring it closer to the standard of recent games
* By improving the audio and sound quality of the game to provide an even more immersive and entertaining experience for players
* By updating various in-game functions such as the Fossil Hunt and Research to provide players with an even more challenging gaming experience
* By adding a total of 13 new Dinosaur species to the game using existing models, some of which were left out of the original game (Nodosaurus, Leptoceratops, Orodromeus, Procompsognathus, Baryonyx, Deinonychus, Iguanodon, Maiasaura, Ornithomimus, Alioramus, Wuherosaurus, Apatosaurus and Yanchuangosaurus respectively) and by adding a male and female skin for each in-game Dinosaur
* By enhancing the Dinopedia so that it is more informative to players
* By remaking the original Tutorial Exercises and Mission Exercises so that they are more challenging and useful to players, as well as enhancing Site B mode
* By adding a whole host of new buildings to the game, a couple of which were left out of the original game (Tombstone, Dino Vet Station), as well as adding new terraforming options for the game, such as Rocks and new flora options
* By enhancing the AI of Dinosaurs, Visitors and Cleaners in the game so that they perform more like they would in real life - Dinosaur AI is based off a combination of new scientific evidence and Dinosaur behaviour in various Jurassic Park media
* By updating the environment in the game so that it is closer to the original environment for JPOG seen in the start movie of the game and various other concept images
* Plus much more!

Where does JP:OG // fit into the JP canon?

While Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis did not really feature any sort of 'story' of its own bar that of you being made the manager of Jurassic Park, Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis // has its own story which allows it to incorperate all sorts of new buildings and Dinosaurs unseen in any previous Jurassic Park media.

Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis // is set in a parallel universe to our own in which the events on Nublar and Sorna never occured. The island sites for Jurassic Park and Site B have yet to be chosen and inGen is in the earliest stages of production on Jurassic Park. You have been selected by John Hammond, the billionaire Dinosaur fanatic who founded the Jurassic Park project, to make his dream a reality and to be the park's manager. Your job is to select the island sites for the park and then to build and run the park in its entirety. You are also responsible for terraforming your islands and for keeping control over the Dinosaur populations present on them.

Unlike our universe, the company BioSyn has not been founded as a seperate rival entity to inGen and is instead working alongside inGen under the name of 'GeneSyn'. GeneSyn is the provider for the genetic scientists who breed and engineer the Jurassic Park Dinosaurs and, as a result, the Dinosaurs and technology present on the island sites in this universe are different to the ones used on Nublar and Sorna in our universe.

The game is set in the year 2000 and, as a result, the technology used in the game to build the park is different to that which was used to construct the parks in our universe. Technologies are more advanced and everything in the park is mass produced at a lesser cost. The idea behind Jurassic Park has changed to something even more commerical then the park in our universe, though the core idea remains the same - build a Dinosaur theme park come zoo featuring live Dinosaurs on a remote island and open it to the general public. The massive advancements in computer technology and genetic engineering have also enabled the genetic scientists of inGen to breed Dinosaurs at a lower cost in far greater numbers in the OG // universe.

The Dinosaurs of JP:OG //

Maiasaura - a Dinosaur originally left out of JP:OG. Will group with Edmontosaurus.
Ornithomimus - provides a friend for Gallimimus, giving players the chance to increase the 'Fun' value of their exhibits.
Deinonychus - a Dinosaur originally left out of JP:OG. Also a famous Dinosaur in the JP series, it was named Velociraptor in the films Jurassic Park and The Lost World. Females will possess a colouration based on their appearance in JP, and males based on their appearance in TLW. These Dinosaurs hunt Iguanodon as their favoured prey.
Stegoceras - provides a friend for Pachycephalosaurus and Homalocephale.
Leptoceratops - adds interest to the game as being a fourth ceratopsian species. Also the smallest ceratopsian species in the game, it provides a friend for Styrachosaurus.
Nodosaurus - provides a friend for Ankylosaurus. The smallest Ankylosaur in the game.
Apatosaurus - a Dinosaur originally left out of JP:OG and iconic to the novel series of Jurassic Park. Apatosaurus is friends with Camarasaurus, which is found alongside it in its digsite. Unlike Camarasaurus, who like Brachiosaurus will rear up when confronted by a predator, Apatosaurus will swing its tail in a whiplike fashion, causing large attacking predators to suffer a minor injury and smaller attacking predators to suffer a considerable injury. Provides a friend for Camarasaurus and Brachiosaurus.
Iguanodon - provides a friend for Ouranosaurus. Also fills in the Dinopedia gap where Ouranosaurus is listed as being related to Iguanodon, without any explaination as to what Iguanodon is for those who do not know it. Its presence in the game completes the Dinopedia on that account. Also originally left out of JP:OG.
Baryonyx - a Dinosaur originally left out of JP:OG. Adds a secondary piscivore species alongside Spinosaurus to the game. This Dinosaur is listed as preferring fish or small Dinosaurs as its favoured prey source.
Hypsilophodon - a Dinosaur left out of the original game. Hypsilophodon provides a friend for Dryosaurus.
Yangchuanosaurus - a Dinosaur originally left out of JP:OG. Provides a predator to Wuherosaurus.
Wuherosaurus - provides a friend to Stegosaurus and provides a new friend for Kentrosaurus. A third Stegosaur in the game. Originally left out of JP:OG.
Alioramus - a Dinosaur originally left out of JP:OG. This Dinosaur hunts Homalocephale as its favoured prey.

When will production start?

Production Stage 1 for the mod will begin sometime in mid-July this year.

Dream it, build it... barely survive it. Now, it's truly yours - Jurassic Park.

It's not a brand new game itself, but a big improvement! I'm on the team myself as a Beta Tester and Resident Paleontologist (Dinopedia Writer). Here's the link to the forums to learn more:

http://angel3.hostingdelivered.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

JPOG 2 coming Empty Re: JPOG 2 coming

Post  raptors rule Fri May 28, 2010 8:21 pm

Just go to JPL it has it there also, it's not a new game just a mod. Almost everyone knows about it. :P

Yeah it looks good, it'll be amazing to see them pulled off.
raptors rule
raptors rule
Carnotaurus
Carnotaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  heatfreak22 Sat May 29, 2010 5:01 am

Woot! My dream come true! But it would be AWESOME if they added mesozoic Sea Creatures and Flying Dinos! Very Happy
heatfreak22
heatfreak22
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

Post  RaptorSpinoRex Sat May 29, 2010 7:40 am

heatfreak22 wrote:Woot! My dream come true! But it would be AWESOME if they added mesozoic Sea Creatures and Flying Dinos! Very Happy
this is impossible
RaptorSpinoRex
RaptorSpinoRex
Professional Modder
Professional Modder

Back to top Go down

Post  heatfreak22 Sat May 29, 2010 9:45 am

RaptorSpinoRex wrote:
heatfreak22 wrote:Woot! My dream come true! But it would be AWESOME if they added mesozoic Sea Creatures and Flying Dinos! Very Happy
this is impossible
Seen this?
https://jurassicmods.darkbb.com/lazy-mods-and-skins-f3/rhamphorhynchus-t332.htm
heatfreak22
heatfreak22
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

Post  RaptorSpinoRex Sat May 29, 2010 9:52 am

this is a bird reskin with some mods, but isn't a new model...
RaptorSpinoRex
RaptorSpinoRex
Professional Modder
Professional Modder

Back to top Go down

Post  heatfreak22 Sat May 29, 2010 10:18 am

RaptorSpinoRex wrote:this is a bird reskin with some mods, but isn't a new model...
Yeah. DARN THE SOURCE CODE! ( I think. It's because most of the failed mods I see are because of SOURCE CODE. )
heatfreak22
heatfreak22
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

Post  raptors rule Sat May 29, 2010 10:54 am

Oh you can make a flying dino (With glitches [Almost every mod comes with glitches] ) , but you can't make them fly.

Still they might make them. Although it won't be perfect, but a very good mod.
raptors rule
raptors rule
Carnotaurus
Carnotaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Sat May 29, 2010 9:26 pm

Coyotefang wrote:
The mod was founded in 2008 under the title of the GS2M (or Genesis PS2 Mod). The modification aimed to improve the PS2 version of the original game, which was something nobody had ever attempted before.
Git cher facts straight. The official mod was adopted by Sarge and me in 2009 (I have the precise time, on sarges A2 forum). It may have been pursued by Sarge before 2009, but it would happen personally and obviously didn't accomplish enough to produce the mod on a mass scale, and was most likely used for personal purposes. It was the GS2M, yes, but the PS3 part is highly implausible. Files taken off of a PS2 game cannot be converted to the .ISO that is required for Ps3 games, the best the graphics could handle would be ps2 standard, so making copies specifically for the ps3 was redundant. Also, It has been attempted before us, many, many times, but no one came close to how far we got.

Secondly, the project faded due to the fact that my PS2 disk was not at it's best, and my pc wasn't converting as many files as possible, mainly it wasn't letting me burn the essential files for making even a slight modification possible, whilst Sarges Mac was letting him access and burn the files directly onto his PS2 disk. Basically, due to my lack of work ethnic and my PC's lack of capability to burn the files, (let alone access them), created a collaborative void that we couldn't fill. The project slowly died in support and in progress. But I still have faith that Sarge is still out there, working tirelessly to work on the project until he is able to do the one thing he still had faith in: modding the ps2 version. I know Sarge, and he's stubborn like that.

Although I'm a horrid asset with my pc limitations, I would be glad to give some... Overveiw to whoever is running this. I may not be able to do much firsthand, but I know my way around the files if they get stuck.
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 30, 2010 1:40 am

You guys do know I didnt type any of this? someone else did and i didnt see it here, its more of a news to newbies than you guys. It is dead right?
BTW for the record, I barly read this thing so if there are any errors feel free to point them out.
@RR tell me more, the post I copied dosent seem very imformative, i there anything else?
@rr. I know its not a new game, I aint a jp fan and I dun wanna join more forums, meh.
PS not meh to you, meh to more forums.

Back to top Go down

Post  Clonehunter Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:04 pm

So all of this is just old stuff never going to happen?

Well maybe if it gets more collab it'll get busy agian. As for a PS3 version of the mod, your going to need to install custom firmware, and convert files to .iso and stuff (All totally possible, just google the thought). Other than that well, it'd be nice to see this sometime in the near future.
Clonehunter
Clonehunter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Back to top Go down

Post  alphahunter09 Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:07 pm

can u please try to involvoe sea creatures and flying dinosaurs because it would be great!!!!!!!!!!
alphahunter09
alphahunter09
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

Post  Raptor X Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:02 pm

alphahunter09 wrote:can u please try to involvoe sea creatures and flying dinosaurs because it would be great!!!!!!!!!!

there are no such thing as flying dinosaurs (except maybe archaeopteryx)
Raptor X
Raptor X
Acrocanthosaurus
Acrocanthosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:09 pm

Raptor X wrote:
alphahunter09 wrote:can u please try to involvoe sea creatures and flying dinosaurs because it would be great!!!!!!!!!!

there are no such thing as flying dinosaurs (except maybe archaeopteryx)
Archeopteryx was a bird, and birds are dinosaurs.

Back to top Go down

Post  alphahunter09 Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:13 pm

well do you at least get the general idea of what i was talking about?????
alphahunter09
alphahunter09
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:31 pm

Yes I do.

Back to top Go down

Post  alphahunter09 Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:50 am

so are you guys making this still or is it a failed mod??
alphahunter09
alphahunter09
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

Post  alphahunter09 Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:08 pm

ill take that has a yes big time
alphahunter09
alphahunter09
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrant King Rex Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:44 am

If ur just gonna add modification sets then its a waste that you call this JPOG 2.Just Call this Jurassic Park Operation Genesis Rebirth.We can't even get the source even if we do bluetongue is already disbanded.
Tyrant King Rex
Tyrant King Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Velociraptor Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:13 am

Im still doing Sounds!!! Latest News is we are going to make 5 dinosaurs walk and Run Different
they are

Spinosaurus like the JP3
Tyrannosaurus Like the First JP Film
Velcoiraptor Like the First JP Film
Brachiosaurus walk like the JP3
Ceratosaurus like the JP3

New Dino sounds for....
Ceratosaurus Not Started
Spinosaurus Not Done
Tyrannosaurus Not Done
Brachiosaurus Done
Gailimimns Working on
Velociraptor im working on the Raptor Sounds
Allosaurus the Walking With Dinosaurus one i think???!
Rex Stomps done by Me!
Eating Not Started

And Others to come! Basketball
Velociraptor
Velociraptor
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:44 pm

Nobody in your group is programming the actual game so it's not gonna happen.
Velociraptor's rank says spammer, can mine say Jacka$$? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:15 pm

Mine should say Overlord but who cares right?

Anyways, who is all doing this??

Andrew
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Velociraptor Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:13 am

Christian Nickel
CarnivoreFightClub is Youtube Name
Also JurassicMedia is Christian Nickel

https://www.youtube.com/user/CarnivoreFightClub
https://www.youtube.com/user/JurassicMedia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:58 pm

Andrew wrote:Mine should say Overlord but who cares right?

Anyways, who is all doing this??
Nobody, the real project is dead and the new one might as well not exist.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrant King Rex Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:13 pm

Just as i thought.
Tyrant King Rex
Tyrant King Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content