Jurassic Mods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A videogame tht would PWN others like it.

3 posters

Go down

A videogame tht would PWN others like it. Empty A videogame tht would PWN others like it.

Post  Big Al Sun May 02, 2010 12:27 am

I'm talking about the most advanced video game in the entire world, incorporating ALL the latest technologies, and I'm not just talkin about zombies you know. Everybody has zombies. But I'm thinking, living animated models so astounding, they'd capture the imagination of the entire gaming world.

I'm thinking dinosaurs.

Let me start off by asking: Does anyone remember that ancient videogame Carnivores? What I want is to take that idea, and develop it to tomorrow's standards. A new-world dinosaur hunting game, if you will. I'm not saying that most people reading this will be able to actually bring this game into reality. But I think it's worth talking about. I've had this idea for a while now and it's time I spoke.

A first-person shooter, like carnivores, but with the RPG appeal of Fallout (possibly create your own hunter avatar), and the intensity of Counter-Strike plus a Cabela's hunting game. With a wide variety of over 50 varying dinosaurs, each with unique attributes, behavior and benevolence (or lack thereof) and intricate, detailed maps that keep your attention grasped and your butt on the edge of your seat. Weapons: As far as weapons, we can refer to the Jurassic Parks themselves. SPAS-12 and DB Shotgun, LAR Grizzley and the fictitious but incredibly appealing Lindstradt Air Rifle. So the animal's down before it even feels the prick of the dart.

Maybe this can be a Cabela's game...Cabela's Dinosaur Hunter...Catchy, but all too familiar.

The dinosaurs in this game will be GRAND. Mind-blowingly large Brachiosaurus, small, pack-oriented Procompsognathus, fast and stealthy Velociraptor, and of course, this all will build up to the grand finale of the game, an encounter with a Mesozoic superpredator such as the Tyrant Lizard King himself, or maybe Giganotosaurus.

Does anyone NOT see the appeal of a game like this? For pete's sake, there are people that still play Carnivores!

I also want to say nothing is set in stone, this idea is open to modifications.
Big Al
Big Al
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

Back to top Go down

A videogame tht would PWN others like it. Empty Re: A videogame tht would PWN others like it.

Post  Andrew Sun May 02, 2010 8:50 am

That does sound very interesting, and fun, but I can't do that.

Andrew
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

A videogame tht would PWN others like it. Empty Re: A videogame tht would PWN others like it.

Post  Big Al Sun May 02, 2010 6:39 pm

I'm not asking anyone to make it (unless you're a prrofessional gamemaker). I just think that this videogame would be epic if it existed. the main reasons i posted this was to bring this idea to people's attention and take in suggestions and ideas. Got any?
Big Al
Big Al
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 12, 2010 5:01 pm

Neh current companies probably wont, Jurassic the hunted wasn't recieved well so other companies tend to avoid making similar things. If something isnt liked it's not copied, but when it sells, it gets a hunred ripoffs. Before anyone says it, spore wasn't taken in as well as you might think.

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Al Wed May 12, 2010 10:39 pm

Spore was epic, but sadly it wasn't advertised well enough. And Jurassic: The Hunted was a huge Jurassic Park 3 ripoff. If you can make what I'm saying, Jurassic The Hunted would be forgotten. Like I said, a totally dinosaur-accurate game with exciting gameplay. I've played Jurassic: The Hunted. The gameplay is difficult and uncomfortable. Plus the dinosaurs are portrayed as "evil". In this game, the dinosaurs are released into the cult classic jungle setting, and they have needs....like JPOG's dinosaurs. They must eat, and drink, and defecate, and walk around, and you can use the footprints and dung that it leaves to track it. The dinosaur is going on living it's life, surveying its territory, and then there's you, hunting it. And once it spots you, it considers its needs and its geographical position before deciding to attack or flee, or just stand its ground and look scary. I also want dinosaur-to-dinosaur interaction, such as territory fights and herd traveling, again like JPOG. And weapon selection...what should we do for that? I dont want it simple like Carnivores, with one pistol and one shotgun and one sniper rifle. Technical weapon names and technical dinosaur names. Like these:
DINOSAURS:
Gallimimus, Pachycephalosaurus, Allosaurus, Giganotosaurus, Triceratops, Chasmosaurus, Brachiosaurus (unhuntable of course), Deinonychus, Microceratops, Tyrannosaurus(maybe, he gets a lot of attention) Tarbosaurus, Suchomimus, Ankylosaurus, Oviraptor, Stegosaurus, Iguanadon, Edmontosaurus, Carcharodontosaurus, Muttabarrasaurus, Miasaura, Alioramus (just some ideas.) Also, i was thinking a fishing portion of the game, both for trophy and for use of dinosaur bait. In an occasion where you are hunting a dinosaur, you would seek a river or water source and whip out a heavy duty fishing rod where you'd catch a small armoured fish. But there can also be all ocean maps with one island and one large boat for fishing for large ancient fish like Basilosaurus, Megalodon, Elasmosaurus, and the epic Liopleurodon.
Big Al
Big Al
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Allosaurus571 Fri May 14, 2010 9:31 am

Well, I gotta say, if they made a game like that, I would buy it, if it was for the PS3, lol
Allosaurus571
Allosaurus571
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Al Fri May 14, 2010 10:45 am

Exactly what I'm saying. There would be a lot of people interested in this game. Now I was thinking about weapons...we dont want to under-do-it with pistols and magnums, but we also don't want OVERKILL with grenade launchers and missiles. How about a few pistols for the starters until you get on your feet in the game, then there is a wide selection of rifles and shotguns, including the Lindstradt and the SPAS-12. And what should this epic would-be game called? We need an awesome name for it too.
Big Al
Big Al
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 19, 2010 9:21 pm

They should make it scary, like giant bugs leaping out of nowhere to attack, and using some dinosaurs to scare or fight off other dinos by baiting them in without getting detected, Like in the king kong game. Maybe some lastig attacks like being constricted or dragged by predators. A game where you hunt and pack as a dinosaur would be nice.

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Al Wed May 19, 2010 11:32 pm

This game idea was partially inspired by the King Kong videogame. I found that game to be very enjoyable (maybe because I got to use a tommy gun What a Face ) and I am interested in the idea of lasting attacks like in King Kong or like Left 4 Dead (the smoker and the hunter) I say interested because I am not sure how to incorporate them into this game...I am kind of on the fence about it. And playing AS a dinosaur? A cool concept but I don't think the idea will become very popular. People like the mysteries and wonders of dinosaurs, and to play as them could destroy these things. Because how majestic is a Brachiosaurus if you are an Allosaurus trying to fit into the pack by killing it?

I don't mean to crush your idea, but...

And bugs? Well as far as that goes, I believe I've said before that this game would be cool if it was scientifically accurate. If there were gigantic ambushing Jurassic insects, then I would be more than happy to include them. But I don't ever remember watching a documentary in which a huge six-legged stick bug stick it's protruding jaws into the hide of a Parasaurolophus. The picture just doesn't make sense...
Big Al
Big Al
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu May 20, 2010 8:28 am

Big Al wrote:This game idea was partially inspired by the King Kong videogame. I found that game to be very enjoyable (maybe because I got to use a tommy gun What a Face ) and I am interested in the idea of lasting attacks like in King Kong or like Left 4 Dead (the smoker and the hunter) I say interested because I am not sure how to incorporate them into this game...I am kind of on the fence about it. And playing AS a dinosaur? A cool concept but I don't think the idea will become very popular. People like the mysteries and wonders of dinosaurs, and to play as them could destroy these things. Because how majestic is a Brachiosaurus if you are an Allosaurus trying to fit into the pack by killing it?

I don't mean to crush your idea, but...

And bugs? Well as far as that goes, I believe I've said before that this game would be cool if it was scientifically accurate. If there were gigantic ambushing Jurassic insects, then I would be more than happy to include them. But I don't ever remember watching a documentary in which a huge six-legged stick bug stick it's protruding jaws into the hide of a Parasaurolophus. The picture just doesn't make sense...

That's because the bugs weren't really there at that time, they were there at the triassic period.(I think)

Andrew
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Al Thu May 20, 2010 3:06 pm

The Triassic period? I'd believe that. But were they HUGE? I mean, I don't want anything in this game blown out of proportion, or else it loses it's realism. Just another thought: A cool idea would be to have creatures (possibly the bugs) climbing trees and hopping from tree to tree above you. And maybe even dive-bombing you from the trees. I like the idea, but I also think I'm kind of border-lining "evil" dinosaurs. I don't want "evil" dinosaurs.
Big Al
Big Al
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 20, 2010 6:03 pm

Ya did't crush my idea, i mean something like spores creature stage but enhanced, like playing as a stelthier predator just to observe herds from a safe distance or make them stamped ( I like the idea of being feared ), or leading youre group to safety from danger. Giant bugs as in swarms of slightly larger( like gameboy sized) flying stinging bugs. I like realism but certain things should be changed for enjoyment, like endurence, and maybe a two foot spider in lurking the shadows just to scare the player when it attacks. And the playing as a dinosaur is an idea for a different game. It ould be cool to be a raptor in creteaceous(spell?) setting with a huge world to explore, eggs to protect ect. It would be sweet to do your idea as well, Being a human in a dinosaur's land, putting them in the advantage. Bugs came in the carbniferous, big as a bath tub, but became smaller late cretateous.

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Al Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:03 pm

Alright well like I said nothing is set in stone yet. We are open to ideas. I want to talk a little bit about the dinosaurs and weapons featured. Anyone got favorites?
Big Al
Big Al
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down