Jurassic Mods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Play Station 3

+4
Raging Raptor
Gopher
Clonehunter
Allosaurus571
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Play Station 3 Empty Play Station 3

Post  Allosaurus571 Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:47 pm

Anyone have a PS3? I just got one and it is awesome! I on my PS3 right now. Im using its internet feature to post this very message! PS3 RULES!!!! SO, anyone got one?
Allosaurus571
Allosaurus571
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Play Station 3 Empty Re: Play Station 3

Post  Clonehunter Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:42 pm

No, but I wish I had one. I have a PSP though which is similar, and if you look back in one of those help topics i think I posted a messae usin it. I also posted a message somewhere with a Wii. Oh well, I'll probally get one eventually, and with it I'll get Battlefront 3 and (I'll remeber it eventually0 and Modern Warfare 2
Clonehunter
Clonehunter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Allosaurus571 Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:00 pm

Modern Warfare 2 RULES!!! (R.I.P. Ghost)
Allosaurus571
Allosaurus571
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gopher Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:03 pm

MW2 looks amazing. I've heard many great things about it.
Gopher
Gopher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:26 pm

Allosaurus571 wrote:Modern Warfare 2 RULES!!! (R.I.P. Ghost)

Amen. Allo, you have a PS3 or Xbox?
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:59 pm

He made this topic about PS3. I have an xbox, but PS3 seems nice, there isn't really a difference though.

Andrew
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Allosaurus571 Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:16 pm

Actually there is. PS3 plays blu-ray, gets FREE online play!
Allosaurus571
Allosaurus571
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Clonehunter Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:23 pm

Yes! Free WiFi! Best thing about psp, ps3, and Wii!
Clonehunter
Clonehunter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:42 am

Clonehunter wrote:Yes! Free WiFi! Best thing about psp, ps3, and Wii!
The Wi-Fi isn't where the free online is coming from. The free online is from a signal the playstation is able to use to pick up a signal from a wireless router.

The only thing Xbox comes remotely near being better than playstation, is the connection strenght. Other than that, the PS3 has it beat on all corners. (I myself have Xbox, and know that the PS3 is just simply superior. It has been in the buisness longer, hell, XBox got their entire idea from the playstation. They stole everything, and gave it a different disk format, console style, and remote control. From there, they got popular, and now is somehow comparable to the ps3.

That is a very broad description. I can get moar in depth, but I have no time.

Last edited by Raging Raptor on Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:01 am

Allosaurus571 wrote:Actually there is. PS3 plays blu-ray, gets FREE online play!

Xbox gets free online too. Don't say it doesn't because I have it.

Andrew
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:50 am

Andrew wrote:Xbox gets free online too. Don't say it doesn't because I have it.
I have it too, and it is a pain in the arse to get it connected, and in most cases, the Xbox live people check connection stuff, making sure people don't rip off online. Yea, you can get online for free, but it is NOTHING compared to Xbox Live and Playstation Network.
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:58 am

That's what I have, the Xbox 360 Live.

Andrew
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:05 pm

Andrew wrote:That's what I have, the Xbox 360 Live.
Which costs money. Having to pay for online. Pshh. Another reason PS3 pwwwwnnnzzz. They may start charging soon, but not for online, just for a PSN account. Online will still be free, it will just cost some cash to have a PSN account.

But anyway PS3 has everybody cornered. Xbox is the only system that even comes close to being better than PS3. The Xbox's technology is old. It started selling Xbox's right about the time PS2 was still in it's prime. It was a better system than the regular Xbox, and when Xbox 360 was made, the project for PS3 was still in careful construction. PS3 started out earlier, and finished later. They made sure that they would be better than Xbox. And they succeeded.

Wii? Pshh. Don't even get mah started.

PSP? Nintendo has been in the handheld business longer than everyone else, and Sony Computer Entertainment still made a better handheld device in less time. I have the DSi, and the graphics are pitiful compared to the PSP.

HERE IS A CHART.

Play Station 3 F_nintendo_controllers_8089
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Allosaurus571 Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:16 pm

I agree with you RR, but the Wii is awesome! Don't dis it!

EDIT: Just saw the chart. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
Allosaurus571
Allosaurus571
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:42 pm

Yup. But the wii is cool, it just can never be compared to the Xbox or PS3.
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:53 pm

Xbox is different then PS3, and PS2, because you have to buy internet. That's pretty much it. They play the same games, and, well that's pretty much it. There's no reason to say another is better than xbox, because that's an opinion. I like the wii, but they just wanted everyone to quit playing xbox and PS3. The only thing that is really fun about the wii, is the sports. I love the bowling, and me and my older cousin did a few rounds in boxing, I was aiming at the tv instead of the sensor bar, so she won.

Andrew
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:05 pm

Andrew wrote:Xbox is different then PS3, and PS2, because you have to buy internet. That's pretty much it. They play the same games, and, well that's pretty much it. There's no reason to say another is better than xbox, because that's an opinion..
It is an opinion I stand behind.

Here are the basic stuff-

-Blu Ray
-More memory
-PSN is much better. More games downloadable.
-Stronger system. You leave your 360 on, it overheats faster, and the parts wear away easy. Main causes of RedRing.
-RedRing is imminent. You can't escape it.
-They just took some technology and threw it together in a console and called it a great system. That's like saying a painting is best, because you used the best set of paints. Aside from taht, PS3 has better technology to begin with.
-Xbox wasn't even created by gamers. It was created by PC freaks, who where PC designers. Not console designers. Which is why they make you pay for online.
-They took a bunch of aspects from the PC, and crammed it into the Xbox and called it a great console. You find one game besides Halo and Gears of War that isn't done better on the PS3. One game that they both have that isn't worse because of either online, or because of graphics. I have Assasins Creed for both the systems (my brother has it for PS3, I have it for Xbox) and one day I decided to play the PS3 version. The graphics differences where drastic.

FACT:Most stores like walmart and best buy have admitted to advertising the Xbox, using PS3 games. Mainly cause the graphics look cooler and attract more buyers.

FACT: The ps3 has been around longer, so has Sony Computer Intertainment. Microsoft should just stick to designing computerware, instead of haunting the gamer world.

FACT: I do not know 1 epic gamer (complete gaming freaks) that like the Xbox. All the gamer-nerdy-fanatics all prefer PS3. (in my school district, or anyone in New York and Connecticut.)

Apart from the graphics, the main thing is Realism. The PS3 has hardware that the Xbox didn't even get permitted to use. There are key factors in the PS3 versions of games that add to realism. They have special software in the ps3 games that add to realism using Physics Function Machines, that make things like flying and falling more realistic. Xbox games do not.

Aside from this, there is much more I could ramble on about. But for now, there is my defense. It is all factual, and I spent 50 goddamn minutes straight reading articles alone on G4.com (gaming show). They too prefer PS3.

One last thing, and this is a funny noticable fact. I have recently learned all the preppy girls in our school prefer the Xbox. They say it is much easier than PS3.
rabbit IF that aint saying something, your deaf.
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:21 pm

So your saying nobody, through out the whole wide world likes Xbox, besides PC freaks? Hm, you must have gone around the world in 80 days with jackie chan. And so what about all of those things, online doesn't even matter, buy a computer, use your mobile. And memory? Do you think somebody is going to want to have like 200 hundred games and is going to be obsessed with them and play all of them? No, so you you should have enough. You say PSN is better, because you can download more. -_- Like that matters. Do you think someones going to download 100 stuff everyday or week?No, it would be better to download on a PC so why waste time doing that. and your saying the PC gamers didn't do a good job? That's as well an opinion. There may be some people who think they did great. So what if it had better graphics, yeah we all want the game to look good but it doesn't look ugly or bad. So that wouldn't matter either, in fact my Xbox 360 live has great graphics and , a lot of storage. Oh so now you say that no nerdy people like the xbox. Maybe you don't know any. Yeah, maybe stores up where you live think that, but maybe not around the whole world. And I have played PS3 with my neighbor, and the graphics looked like mine. Xbox is haunting the gamer world? All of the people are being haunted by the games they love play on xbox? Wow, didn't know that.

Andrew
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Clonehunter Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:21 am

Alright, but there hapens to be one system overall which is better than the rest: PC!! Mods! Halo Alternative! Awsome games! Better Graphics! Lots of space (except for me... Razz) Woohoo!!

But also PS3, I find is the best system. Im not saying all Xbox sucks though. Out of all the Xbox games, a lot suck graphics and physics, but a few games are actually pretty good for xbox, such as Halo serires or Blinx. (Not kiding, Blinx is AWSOME!)
Clonehunter
Clonehunter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Allosaurus571 Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:15 pm

Hey, I have an idea. How about we stop spamming the PLAYSTATION 3. This is about the PS3, we are not argueing, okay? I am about to make a topic about that.
Allosaurus571
Allosaurus571
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:36 pm

Raging Raptor wrote:
Andrew wrote:Xbox is different then PS3, and PS2, because you have to buy internet. That's pretty much it. They play the same games, and, well that's pretty much it. There's no reason to say another is better than xbox, because that's an opinion..
It is an opinion I stand behind.

Here are the basic stuff-

-Blu Ray
-More memory
-PSN is much better. More games downloadable.
-Stronger system. You leave your 360 on, it overheats faster, and the parts wear away easy. Main causes of RedRing.
-RedRing is imminent. You can't escape it.
-They just took some technology and threw it together in a console and called it a great system. That's like saying a painting is best, because you used the best set of paints. Aside from taht, PS3 has better technology to begin with.
-Xbox wasn't even created by gamers. It was created by PC freaks, who where PC designers. Not console designers. Which is why they make you pay for online.
-They took a bunch of aspects from the PC, and crammed it into the Xbox and called it a great console. You find one game besides Halo and Gears of War that isn't done better on the PS3. One game that they both have that isn't worse because of either online, or because of graphics. I have Assasins Creed for both the systems (my brother has it for PS3, I have it for Xbox) and one day I decided to play the PS3 version. The graphics differences where drastic.

FACT:Most stores like walmart and best buy have admitted to advertising the Xbox, using PS3 games. Mainly cause the graphics look cooler and attract more buyers.

FACT: The ps3 has been around longer, so has Sony Computer Intertainment. Microsoft should just stick to designing computerware, instead of haunting the gamer world.

FACT: I do not know 1 epic gamer (complete gaming freaks) that like the Xbox. All the gamer-nerdy-fanatics all prefer PS3. (in my school district, or anyone in New York and Connecticut.)

Apart from the graphics, the main thing is Realism. The PS3 has hardware that the Xbox didn't even get permitted to use. There are key factors in the PS3 versions of games that add to realism. They have special software in the ps3 games that add to realism using Physics Function Machines, that make things like flying and falling more realistic. Xbox games do not.

I'm not sure but aparantly sonic 2006 and madden do better with controls on 360 than ps3. Jst game reviews and crap.
@andrew, no hardcore nerdy lvl over nine thousand mage warior with lvl 100 ice staff n00b pwning h4xors that logs into online games on chrismas easter and halloween for haxor stuff, wow loving ,life inside their avatar, wii hacking ,basment dwelling, furry loving ,actually-able-to understand-the-pokemon-cardgame ,gonna hurt me for saying this, friendless random clothing wearing, yell at me for saying up my arse every time they try to convince me that firefly is a ufo, actually able to watch scifi nerds dont like Xbox. Sure they can do that all on xbox, but eveything else does it better.

Last edited by Coyotefang on Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:53 am

Sorry Allo, but I gott[right]a reply to that remark. It was choc-full of fail. And we are on-topic. We are debating PS3 vs Xbox. Now, if we where debating Sony graphics versus Microsoft graphics, we'd be off topic.

Now, as I crack my knuckles, let us begin on our journey.

So your saying nobody, through out the whole wide world likes Xbox, besides PC freaks?
No, I am saying exactly the opposite. Someone who has a PC nerd, and loves everything about the PC, wouldn't even consider touching something like the Xbox. The Xbox is, in a nutshell, that part of your computer that handles games, made into a console. With slightly better graphics. I have Left 4 Dead on my PC and have the demo on Xbox, and the graphics are pretty much the same.

Hm, you must have gone around the world in 80 days with jackie chan.
That movie you mentioned was the only movie I thought Jackie Chan (I have the RSPECT for the man to capitalize his name.) (Before you shoot off saying I spelt "respect" wrong, learn your memes.) was completely n00bish in.

And so what about all of those things, online doesn't even matter, buy a computer, use your mobile
O.k, first off, mobile online isn't even in the question. Second, I wasn't talking about the fracking actual online, I was using gamer talk for online multiplayer. And yes, online does matter. It is one of the main factors of what sets it ahead of the Xbox. PC's have multiplayers, yes, but most pc's can't balance the graphics and multiplayer. It will for sure be glitchy.

And memory? Do you think somebody is going to want to have like 200 hundred games and is going to be obsessed with them and play all of them? No, so you you should have enough.
What?! It is good to have your memory large, so you can store movies and game data. The PS3 gigabytes system isn't JUST used for games, you can download movies and games also. I never ran out of memory on my Xbox though; probably due to the lack of things you can download and keep on your system...

You say PSN is better, because you can download more. -_- Like that matters. Do you think someones going to download 100 stuff everyday or week?No, it would be better to download on a PC so why waste time doing that.
Uh, you don't just download games on PSN. Movies, music, virtual magazines (I get G4 magazine every month) all without leaving the comfort of your house. And when the frack did I say you should download 100 games a month, or anything relatively near that?? Oh, and PSN is better than your XBox, mainly because the prices are cheaper than inside stores. Almost every game there is at least 5 or 10 dollars cheaper than in stores. Also, after all the promo codes available, you should be able to save a lot of money. You can buy classic games (dino crisis, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Rayman) right on your PS3. Because Playstation in general has a history of great gaming. Can you find XBox classics on Xbox li- oh right. Xbox has no history. No experience.

And NO, it would not be better to download it on your PC. All that stuff on your PC can be harmful. Which is why PS3 has the beefy hard drives. The more stuff you can do, the more stuff ya need to save.

Oh, and Netflicks comes with my PS3 slim. Amazing, all that trouble you go through to watch movies on your 360, I can rent it from netflicks for however long I want, for 8 bucks. I can rent that Around The World in 80 Days if I wanted to right now, and be watching it in less than 30 minutes.

Oh so now you say that no nerdy people like the xbox. Maybe you don't know any. Yeah, maybe stores up where you live think that, but maybe not around the whole world. And I have played PS3 with my neighbor, and the graphics looked like mine. Xbox is haunting the gamer world? All of the people are being haunted by the games they love play on xbox?
No, if you find any hardcore nerds, they all like PS3. I went up to a nerd central store called "Gamers Realm", and they all gave me a huge speech on why PS3 is better on all aspects, besides online connection. Tey each had both systems. (witch YOU yourself even says doesn't matter. So the only thing Xbox beats PS3 at, you don't even care about.)

You played with you neighbor, eh? Well, trust me. Once you have it as your home console, you'll realize it is better. I have had my Playstation a long time, but I had my Xbox longer. It got redring, and I sent it in. 5 gaming free fracking months free, halfway through I cracked and got the PS3.

I too thought the Xbox was better before I got my PS3. But the day I unwrapped my PS3, I realized it is much much better. Lately, I have learned to appreciate the PS3 more than usual, and you should too.

Wow, didn't know that.
Oh yea? Now you do.
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:21 am

Half the stuff your saying is an opinion. "PSN is better" Maybe some people think different. I didn't even bother to read last few paragraphs cause all you would say was "this is better cause"

Andrew
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:52 am

Andrew wrote:Half the stuff your saying is an opinion. "PSN is better" Maybe some people think different. I didn't even bother to read last few paragraphs cause all you would say was "this is better cause"
What?? ALL of your stuff is opinion, mine is half fact, and half BACKED UP opinion. I didn't just say "PSN is bettah" and leave at at that, no. I gave you detailed reasons on why PSN is better. It is available through wireless phone, PSP, PS3, and your home computer. That is another reason it is better.

And if you didn't bother to read the last few paragraphs, then I promptly dismiss your argument and the rude way you handle debates. I have backed up every single statement I have made. You just take everything on the PS3 and project a pessimistic view. So far,

-You don't care for graphics that much
-Don't care for a nice hard drive
-Don't care about online connectivity

If that is true, why the hell did you get something like the Xbox in the first place? If what you are saying is true, you should just stick to the PC.

And don't you dare say you didn't say all of that, because you would be going back on your word, which is suicide during a debate.

And you still haven't addressed the quickly overheating issue, and easily worn away parts. When Xbox dropped their prices, they did it cause they started using cheaper parts. When PS3 dropped theirs, they did it cause they made it slim. There's a fine difference.

Also, my last few paragraphs weren't "this is better cause", they where mostly "You are wrong cause, and this is better cause," and with evidence behind each one.

One day, you will have the PS3 when your Xbox gets shipped away for six months, and there's nothing to do but on your PC. It sucks.

Come up with some backup behind your statements, other than "I played it at my neighbors house" and "I don't even care for a big hard drive." ect. You may not have said it, but with all the stuff your saying, you're basically telling me that you don't want anything the PS3 does. And if it is, then that is an opinion. You don't even give the PS3 any credit for what it does. I gave the Xbox credit, yea, it has better online connectivity. But I have a great router, so it's all good.

I could drone on and on, but you probably will just go "I don't care.". And then quote one of my statements and have nothing to say but "-_-"
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:49 pm

Raging Raptor wrote:
Andrew wrote:Half the stuff your saying is an opinion. "PSN is better" Maybe some people think different. I didn't even bother to read last few paragraphs cause all you would say was "this is better cause"
What?? ALL of your stuff is opinion, mine is half fact, and half BACKED UP opinion. I didn't just say "PSN is bettah" and leave at at that, no. I gave you detailed reasons on why PSN is better. It is available through wireless phone, PSP, PS3, and your home computer. That is another reason it is better.

And if you didn't bother to read the last few paragraphs, then I promptly dismiss your argument and the rude way you handle debates. I have backed up every single statement I have made. You just take everything on the PS3 and project a pessimistic view. So far,

-You don't care for graphics that much
-Don't care for a nice hard drive
-Don't care about online connectivity

If that is true, why the hell did you get something like the Xbox in the first place? If what you are saying is true, you should just stick to the PC.

And don't you dare say you didn't say all of that, because you would be going back on your word, which is suicide during a debate.

And you still haven't addressed the quickly overheating issue, and easily worn away parts. When Xbox dropped their prices, they did it cause they started using cheaper parts. When PS3 dropped theirs, they did it cause they made it slim. There's a fine difference.

Also, my last few paragraphs weren't "this is better cause", they where mostly "You are wrong cause, and this is better cause," and with evidence behind each one.

One day, you will have the PS3 when your Xbox gets shipped away for six months, and there's nothing to do but on your PC. It sucks.

Come up with some backup behind your statements, other than "I played it at my neighbors house" and "I don't even care for a big hard drive." ect. You may not have said it, but with all the stuff your saying, you're basically telling me that you don't want anything the PS3 does. And if it is, then that is an opinion. You don't even give the PS3 any credit for what it does. I gave the Xbox credit, yea, it has better online connectivity. But I have a great router, so it's all good.

I could drone on and on, but you probably will just go "I don't care.". And then quote one of my statements and have nothing to say but "-_-"

Okay I do care, and there isn't anything that says I don't care about those three things. And my stuff is an opinion? I haven't said something that would be proven and not proven.Saying what your saying is an opinion, makes me saying an opinion at that same time? I just play the xbox for its games, we don't feel like buying anything right now, I just play its game that is what I said, why would you make 10 different consoles, with almost every single same game? Just edit that one console, and add more stuff to it, not make a whole other console. That's what I've been trying to say there really shouldn't be a difference. Okay it's different cause free online, and just maybe a tiny pinch of more memory. I only use the xbox to watch movies and play games, not put everything I do into it. I don't even use it that much, I only play Halo 3, Fear 2, and Buffy the vamp slayer, and guitar hero and movies, so why make a whole debate over nothing, does it really matter to you which one is better? Would it kill you if you don't make a debate over it like you do to almost all posts I make? No. It wouldn't. Now after this your gonna reply again and debate even more, when we shouldn't even.

Andrew
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next