Jurassic Mods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Communism or Democracy

5 posters

Go down

Communism or Democracy Empty Communism or Democracy

Post  Raptor Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:04 am

Which One?

I prefer Communism, but I add my ideas and take out some, kind of like what karl marx did.
Raptor
Raptor
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Back to top Go down

Communism or Democracy Empty Re: Communism or Democracy

Post  Nemesis Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:26 pm

It is possible to have a communist democracy, however some aspects of democracy (such as the jury service concept) contradict communism's central aspects.
I would enjoy a communist political system where politicians have almost no role (other than scribes) and the community of the country decides on actions to be taken (e.g. there are community meetings in public places where people discuss issues relevant to the latest political situation and their output is forwarded to the politicians (aka scribes) who choose the most supported idea and put it into practice).
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Raptor Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:21 pm

The Geatest part is that Everyone is EQUAL. And also, people think that Doctors would be paid like janitors, when it's quite the Opposite.
Communism WORKS. People Don't.
Raptor
Raptor
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  DinoDude65 Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:34 am

Neither. I like the Constitutional Republic that America was founded as.

I suppose Communism would work for a small group of people, but not with a nation like America. And Democracy is a very general term, it can be applied to a republic AND to a Communist state; which are in fact, polar opposites.
DinoDude65
DinoDude65
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:39 am

Well, being a lazy arse person that I am, I would much rather live in a communist society. But, as I mature, I am certain I will be in a line of study that would require some sort of contribution that had a positive impact on my income and input on society.

For those hard working people, heres basically what communism means for you;

There are five workers. One worker fixes 17 houses a month. Another fixes 10 houses a month. The third man roughly fixes 1 house a month, and does a piss-poor job of doing so.

They each get 30 grand a year.

Meaning, no matter how hard you work, that one slacker, will benefit from you.

Which is why most people loved the idea of communism. But it was basically was obliterated by the Capitalist Government during the Red Scare. Anyone even wearing red where taken under close observation, a backround chack, and no privacy. If they where communist? They would be considered as heathen as Anarchists. So, people decided

"Screw it. Ima go work on my own."

And I think it has been going kinda good for a while, but MUCH more controversy would be stirring if we where all communists. Much.

So, out of harms way, and down the long road, I shall choose just to be a capitalist.
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cunfuzzed Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:02 pm

Raging Raptor wrote:Well, being a lazy arse person that I am, I would much rather live in a communist society. But, as I mature, I am certain I will be in a line of study that would require some sort of contribution that had a positive impact on my income and input on society.

For those hard working people, heres basically what communism means for you;

There are five workers. One worker fixes 17 houses a month. Another fixes 10 houses a month. The third man roughly fixes 1 house a month, and does a piss-poor job of doing so.

They each get 30 grand a year.

Meaning, no matter how hard you work, that one slacker, will benefit from you.
If that's your best excuse for being against it, you're going to have to do much better then that. The current unemployment rate is about 10% in the US. The total population of the United States is 304,059,724. That means that roughly 28,581,614 aren't working anyway. Tell me, what system screwed them out of a job? And that's just one statistic that says capitalism is bad. I haven't even gotten to poverty rate, number of people who have to work for minimum wage jobs, and the number of people without healthcare. And then you have the fact that most of the wealth is controlled by the top 5% of the population, and not the people who actually need it.

If you're against something that could potentially help millions of people, because a few of them would take advantage of it, something's seriously wrong with you.

Oh, and by your logic, we shouldn't have social security, or any of the various health care reforms that have been instituted, because people take advantage of them once in a while. However it is an undeniable fact that they have helped millions. I don't know about you, but I'm perfectly fine with a few lazy a**es, if the alternative not helping millions of people.

cunfuzzed
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:53 pm

cunfuzzed wrote:If that's your best excuse for being against it,
It wasn't. I was giving a rough view for those who didn't know what communism was.
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Raptor Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:11 pm

What cunfuzzed said, just blew me away. He's Right.
But there is one uneasy thing about the communism.
There are types of Communism. Marxism, Leninism, and So on.
Me living in America. I'll tell you, Democracy, is great. Communism, Is great too. But the freedom of both weigh each other out.
Raptor
Raptor
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  cunfuzzed Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:49 pm

Raging Raptor wrote:
cunfuzzed wrote:If that's your best excuse for being against it,
It wasn't. I was giving a rough view for those who didn't know what communism was.
And a very rough (and common place) definition at that.

I'd love to see your arguments for capitalism.

cunfuzzed
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:34 pm

Raptor wrote:What cunfuzzed said, just blew me away. He's Right.
But there is one uneasy thing about the communism.
There are types of Communism. Marxism, Leninism, and So on.
Me living in America. I'll tell you, Democracy, is great. Communism, Is great too. But the freedom of both weigh each other out.
If in a smaller, more..desolate country, maybe Communism would fly. But, like TWK said, it would never work in a society like america. If you believe capitalism is not the way to go, communism isn't really the best backup plan for the United States.

Oh, and if you are looking for a debate, TWK, (or seconding one of my capitalist remarks) this isn't really my knowledge field. I just happen to have learned about it a couple days ago, and have only read a few articles about it out of school. On top of that, being 13, debating against you would be a complete and utter embarrassment, and a blowout.
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cunfuzzed Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Raging Raptor wrote:If in a smaller, more..desolate country, maybe Communism would fly. But, like TWK said, it would never work in a society like america. If you believe capitalism is not the way to go, communism isn't really the best backup plan for the United States.
Maybe not. But it is the lesser of the two evils.

Raging Raptor wrote:Oh, and if you are looking for a debate, TWK, (or seconding one of my capitalist remarks) this isn't really my knowledge field. I just happen to have learned about it a couple days ago, and have only read a few articles about it out of school.
Then I would suggest you look further into it. It might change your views.

Raging Raptor wrote:On top of that, being 13, debating against you would be a complete and utter embarrassment, and a blowout.
Now, I wouldn't say that. Facts and truth don't care how old you are.

cunfuzzed
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum