Jurassic Mods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mgers say the darndest things

3 posters

Go down

Mgers say the darndest things Empty Mgers say the darndest things

Post  Nova Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:50 am

I wasn't going to make this thread. I didn't want to entice Doc, DL and that bunch.

But then I saw this:
http://islanublar.darkbb.com/announcements-and-general-information-f1/jpmanep-advertisements-t279-60.htm#11542

So here is DL proving the point he was arguing against, that MG is too uptight
We are uptight? No... we just like order, and some "meat" to our user's posts.
I come here these past few days and all I see is a msn chat, you can spend over one page with just two people casually talking about nothing, like if a forum was a mobile phone or a msn chat.
On MG we find it's unfair to reward a user for posting nothing of relevance, especially when it could be done through PMs (they exist for a reason) or a chat software like MSN. It has to do with a person's class aswell, users have a clear link to forum rules and chose to disregard it, then complain when they get warned as if it wasn't their fault, even tho they were the ones to overlook the rules.
In fact, MOST of the people who participate in this site were banned from MG because of that. They were given three warnings to put their acts together, but they chose to disregard them and suffered the consequences, just as it was said in the forum rules. It's not that we are literally mean, it is that we expect a certain level of our users.

And we don't spy, we mock.
In fact, the only reason we even bothered with this place is because you people say you hate us, yet took EVERYTHING you had (and to some degree, still have) from there.
Forum organisation, regulations (even tho you took all the flesh away, the skeleton remained), images, tutorials, and as if that wasn't bad enough, you have the audicity to rejoin and link to this place, harass our users with countless topics linking to this place, even going as far as using PMs, and have sleeper accounts there so you can still copy from us or partake on our forums.
THAT is why we can't stand you, because you are too hypocritical to admit you need us much, much more than we need you. MG has existed for almost a decade now, we've over 1000 registered users, and I lost track of how many they've been since the beginning. Every major OG breakthrough was posted there. And, surprise, surprise, we are still the largest thriving OG community on the web. If we were really that uptight do you think we'd still be as active as we still are? No is the correct answer. We can be actually quite lenient on our own rules as long as a user proves his worth, thing the people here who got banned there didn't bother to do.
They got warned because they kept on breaking the rules, they got banned [for the time period of a month] because of that and didn't ever bother to think that the problem could possibly be on their end opposite to ours.

When everyone is against you, it probably is because you aren't doing something good, as opposite to you being right and everybody else being wrong, or you disagree with that assessment of reality?
Nova
Nova
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Mgers say the darndest things Empty Re: Mgers say the darndest things

Post  Raging Raptor Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:27 am

MG puts sleeper accounts on JMANEP AND JM.

Allo even stated on MG that he HAD TO BASE HIS SITE OFF SOMETHING, and, they continued. THEN HE SAID HE WOULD CHANGE WHAT HE COPIED wich he did.

And them saying we link tutorials back to them?? in some cases; true. BUT G-Man is a member of MG and he made a tutorial there, and since its HIS TUTORIAL he felt not a need to re-make it and everything, but to link it back to where he origanally posted HIS tutorial, so the linking tutorials is not G-Man at all.

And the whole 'mod stealing' as far as i can see, when i see a stolen mod, the Admin usually takes away the download link and locks the topic before even 2 people can download, so YES some users DO STEAL MODS but they DO NOT GET AWAY WITH IT.

and the same applies for skins.

They do not ACCEPT newbies THEY PLAY WITH newbies. EVEN AS DL STATED he 'MOCKS THEM' so if you have virtualy any talent and want to join MG to show your skills, you will be known as a N00b and will be harassed until further notice.

bounce
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Nova Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:56 am

MG puts sleeper accounts on JMANEP AND JM.
On here? I know TWK, Doc & DL had some on JMANEP (they were bosting about it in the newbies topic, about how stupid they were for not finding out), but here? Well, there are over 50 accounts that haven't logged on since registering, so it could be any of them.

Every time I read that post I laugh. Seriously, he's repsponding to claims that hes uptight. People who aren't uptight don't post essays about why they aren't.
Nova
Nova
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:41 pm

well MGs o.k. with me NOW

i wish i could say that a month ago, thats about the time i got banned. MG is a good site, and the reason they are 'mean' is because, as DL told everyone, towards Newbies who have repeatedly done something wrong
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Nova Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:15 pm

Don't do things wrong repeatedly?
Nova
Nova
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:08 pm

Nova wrote:Don't do things wrong repeatedly?

Bingo. Very Happy
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Allosaurus571 Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:24 am

Locking topic, we don't want a conflict to escalate.
Allosaurus571
Allosaurus571
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down