Jurassic Mods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Realistic Triceratops Texture for Modders

2 posters

Go down

Realistic Triceratops Texture for Modders Empty Realistic Triceratops Texture for Modders

Post  Tamara Henson Thu May 03, 2012 6:22 pm

I recently created a skin in which I combined several reconstructions of the most complete triceratops skin yet found. This composite image was used in my recent Realistic Hell Creek b Skin Pack and I wish to release the basic texture to other modders. Just give me credit for the texture when you release any skins using this.

No need for a download just copy the image below and use the clone stamp on your art program. All the known scutes and scales are here just add coloring and quills and you are good to go.

Have Fun!

Click here for an Image of Basic texture on trike model

Realistic Triceratops Texture for Modders Tricera_texture

Tamara Henson
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

Realistic Triceratops Texture for Modders Empty Re: Realistic Triceratops Texture for Modders

Post  Gopher Sat May 05, 2012 6:27 pm

Looks quite interesting; however there are some spots that can be found on the body where some brown is showing-- was this an intended effect?
Gopher
Gopher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Realistic Triceratops Texture for Modders Empty Re: Realistic Triceratops Texture for Modders

Post  Tamara Henson Sun May 06, 2012 4:41 pm

Gopher wrote:Looks quite interesting; however there are some spots that can be found on the body where some brown is showing-- was this an intended effect?

Yes, those areas (like the horns, beak and inside the mouth) did not need any change in texture. The new fossils showed that the main differences were to the body which makes sense since we have dozens of triceratops skulls but only a few complete skeletons.

This is just a texture, I expect modders to add their own coloring and special effects like the possible quills found on the lower back and tail.

Tamara Henson
Compy
Compy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down