Jurassic Mods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle: Los Angeles

+4
1011daxman
Gopher
Raptor X
Allosaurus571
8 posters

Go down

Battle: Los Angeles Empty Battle: Los Angeles

Post  Allosaurus571 Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:39 pm

Anyone seen this movie yet? I just saw it yesterday and Im just gonna say this, It was AWESOME! The acting was really good, I like the plot, and (for an alien movie) it was extremely realistic. The effect were pretty good, nothing like avatar, but still good.

Plot: In March of 2011, meteors begin landing of the coast of over 20 countries. When NASA discoveres that the meteors are actually slowing down before impact, they alert the military. The Marines of Camp Pendelton, California are scrambled as extra terrestials began to destroy Santa Monica. The movie follows a platoon of marines through the battle.

Story: 7/10 ~ Good storyline, there are a few plot holes but for the most part the story flows well.

Acting: 10/10 ~ The acting in this movie was amazing, some of the best I've ever seen, they seem like actual soldiers, not actor reading from a script. (They actually went through 3 weeks of Marine Platoon assault training.)

Special Effects: 8/10 ~ They did a very good job on the effects, vey real

Setting: 9/10 ~ Even though it was filmed in Baton Rouge, not Los Angeles, the setting is extremely real looking and there is almost nothing that is actually computer generated.

Audio: 10/10 ~ Everything in this movie sounded very real, I felt like I was there, even the alien sound effects were good.

Camerawork: 7/10 ~ Most of the camerawork is shaky, kinda like cloverfield, except insted of first person, it views everyone, but Ive always liked a little bit of shaky camerawork

Overall: 8/10 ~ A very good movie and I highly recommend it.
Allosaurus571
Allosaurus571
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Battle: Los Angeles Empty Re: Battle: Los Angeles

Post  Raptor X Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:46 pm

I saw it yesterday and thought it was awesome. Parts were also filmed in Shreveport, Louisiana.
Raptor X
Raptor X
Acrocanthosaurus
Acrocanthosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Gopher Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:08 pm

Looks like a great movie, and I've only seen the trailers. But it's really not that amazing of a plot--I mean, how original is an alien invasion? However, after watching the great visual effects I think the CG/effects make up for the weak storyline. Gotta see it.
Gopher
Gopher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Allosaurus571 Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:52 am

Actually, the story is more original than many. Normally it focuses on like, a group of friends, or the scientist guy whos gonna say I told ya so, this focuses on a platoon of Marines, I have never seen a alien invasion movie were it focuses on the ground soldiers fighting back. Plus, this movie doesnt have that stupid romance side story that every other movie has.
Allosaurus571
Allosaurus571
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gopher Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:58 pm

*cough*TRANSFORMERS*cough* Razz
Gopher
Gopher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Allosaurus571 Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:00 am

Exactly, I think this is better than transformers
Allosaurus571
Allosaurus571
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gopher Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:27 pm

Well, I gotta see it to judge that. I dunno if the storyline for Transformers was that good anyway, but the CGI was great to watch, plus amazing sound.
Gopher
Gopher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  1011daxman Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:00 pm

i heard of it before but i never tried it Neutral
1011daxman
1011daxman
Herrerasaurus
Herrerasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  spinojp3 Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:04 pm

Allosaurus571 wrote:Actually, the story is more original than many.

It even says before the movie starts "ORIGINAL FILM."
spinojp3
spinojp3
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cunfuzzed Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:04 pm

Allosaurus571 wrote:Plot: In March of 2011, meteors begin landing of the coast of over 20 countries. When NASA discoveres that the meteors are actually slowing down before impact, they alert the military. The Marines of Camp Pendelton, California are scrambled as extra terrestials began to destroy Santa Monica. The movie follows a platoon of marines through the battle.
Yeah. That doesn't sound (basically) like Independence Day at all....

cunfuzzed
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Battle: Los Angeles Empty Original Battle of Los Angeles

Post  pokesaurus12 Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:46 pm

You do realize this is based on a REAL EVENT! In 1942, US radars saw an unidentified object flying toward Los Angeles. The military thought it was a Japanese plane, so they readied their guns, anti-aircraft missiles, ect. Soon when it passed over a Military base, they put like 5 or 6 spotlights on the aircraft. It was in fact a UFO! One photographer took a shot of it, in which I will post below. Surprisingly, all of the over 150 50. Cal shots missed, as the UFO continued to fly. All of the Anti-Aircraft Missile's missed too. Years later, the military called it a "Weather Balloon", although it is not possible all of those shots could have missed. Here is the photo: Battle: Los Angeles Battlela1942 You can see the UFO in the spot where all the lights converge. All the smaller dots above it are Anti-Aircraft missiles.
pokesaurus12
pokesaurus12
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:32 pm

cunfuzzed wrote:
Allosaurus571 wrote:Plot: In March of 2011, meteors begin landing of the coast of over 20 countries. When NASA discoveres that the meteors are actually slowing down before impact, they alert the military. The Marines of Camp Pendelton, California are scrambled as extra terrestials began to destroy Santa Monica. The movie follows a platoon of marines through the battle.
Yeah. That doesn't sound (basically) like Independence Day at all....

I lol'd...

Andrew
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum