Jurassic Mods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Open **Pro Modder/Skinner Position Up for Grabs**

+9
Clonehunter
Andrew
Thunderaptor
Gopher
RaptorSpinoRex
jackmills98
spino77
Maxtyrannus
Raging Raptor
13 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Open **Pro Modder/Skinner Position Up for Grabs** Empty Open **Pro Modder/Skinner Position Up for Grabs**

Post  Raging Raptor Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:58 pm

How would you like to rank amongst the best modders and skinners on this site, not only supplying us with original, immaculate modifications and skins, but also carrying on the legacies that modding and skinning greats such as TGS and G-Man. The road is a long one, and some of you on this site are close to the finish, but only 1 will emerge with the Best New Mod and the Best New skin.

ANY skin made by you can be submitted for veiw, but the skin is only half the battle.

Mods, mods are hard to come by nowadays. But there is one mod that is up and coming that was dreamed up by myself a while ago, and almost completed by raptors rule. Unfortunately, it remains a dream and just another topic in the junkyard. Most recently, p101 of RSR's forum got back into it, but this time with a different idea.

The mod? Replacing the death duel animation of one dino, and putting it into another.

HERE ARE YOUR OPTIONS:
Rex vs. Rex Death Duel (the duel where one dino grabs the others' throat, and kills them within the duel.)
Trike vs. Any Large Carn Besides Rex Death Duel (again, the duel where either the carn slaughters the trike, or the trike slays the carn.
****for extra credit, make it a Toro vs. Large Carn Duel, double the work, but worth it****
Stego vs. Any Large Carn Besides Rex Death Duel
Anky vs. Any Large Carn Besides Rex Death Duel
Spino vs. Spino Death Duel (same as Rex vs. Rex, using the Rex vs. Spino animation)

And finally, this one would be the best of them all,
Any Large Carn Besides Rex vs. Any Large Carn Besides Rex death duel. Usign the Rex vs. Spino Death Duel animation.

When does it end?

Never. Being this is a huge job, one that noone has ever attempted before, I don't even know how long it could take. Days, weeks, years, all I have to say, is the earlier the better, because If I'm not active when it's completed, you most likely won't get your reward.

RULES/STANDARDS:
-You can submit any skin you completed yourself, that was made at any time before or after this contest started, and it must be ingame with a download link. Extra credit if you put it ingame yourself. Must come with Ingame Screenshot.

-The mod has to be captured WORKING on video, with a download link for the edited files.

- THERE WILL BE NO WINNER IF LESS THAN 2 PEOPLE ENTER A SKIN.

- If you complete the skin, AND mod, and someone completes the skin, but not the mod, there will be a tie and no winner until the requirements are completed. Remember, the user title is best Modder/Skinner. THEY WILL GET THE BLACK USERNAME AND BE ON THE pro modder/skinner team.

ADDITIONAL REWARDS:
+15 Reputation
Black Bold Username
1000 JM Ca$h
Promotion to Pro Modder/Skinner

****AFTER EVERYONE HAS SUBMITTED, THERE WILL BE A POLL TO SEE WHO'S IS BEST, TO WHICH ANYONE CAN VOTE****

Let the contest begin.
EDIT: If you would like to join, just post it here. You can discuss the contest here, the actual poll when they are all submitted will be in a seperate topic.

Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Open **Pro Modder/Skinner Position Up for Grabs** Empty Re: Open **Pro Modder/Skinner Position Up for Grabs**

Post  Maxtyrannus Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:04 pm

Im in , i just hope my Mod idea works Very Happy
Maxtyrannus
Maxtyrannus
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Open **Pro Modder/Skinner Position Up for Grabs** Empty Re: Open **Pro Modder/Skinner Position Up for Grabs**

Post  Raging Raptor Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:22 pm

We got a taker! Good luck.

Here's a tip; don't look at the overall animations, look at the Deathduel file. It's an FSM, it think, but that may not be the only way..
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxtyrannus Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:37 pm

Raging Raptor wrote:We got a taker! Good luck.

Here's a tip; don't look at the overall animations, look at the Deathduel file. It's an FSM, it think, but that may not be the only way..

Acknowledged, thanks for the tip Smile
Maxtyrannus
Maxtyrannus
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  spino77 Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:31 am

Im in as well with the last mod option and a skin!
spino77
spino77
Professional Skinner
Professional Skinner

Back to top Go down

Post  jackmills98 Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:01 am

Raging Raptor wrote:How would you like to rank amongst the best modders and skinners on this site, not only supplying us with original, immaculate modifications and skins, but also carrying on the legacies that modding and skinning greats such as TGS and G-Man. The road is a long one, and some of you on this site are close to the finish, but only 1 will emerge with the Best New Mod and the Best New skin.

ANY skin made by you can be submitted for veiw, but the skin is only half the battle.

Mods, mods are hard to come by nowadays. But there is one mod that is up and coming that was dreamed up by myself a while ago, and almost completed by raptors rule. Unfortunately, it remains a dream and just another topic in the junkyard. Most recently, p101 of RSR's forum got back into it, but this time with a different idea.

The mod? Replacing the death duel animation of one dino, and putting it into another.

HERE ARE YOUR OPTIONS:
Rex vs. Rex Death Duel (the duel where one dino grabs the others' throat, and kills them within the duel.)
Trike vs. Any Large Carn Besides Rex Death Duel (again, the duel where either the carn slaughters the trike, or the trike slays the carn.
****for extra credit, make it a Toro vs. Large Carn Duel, double the work, but worth it****
Stego vs. Any Large Carn Besides Rex Death Duel
Anky vs. Any Large Carn Besides Rex Death Duel
Spino vs. Spino Death Duel (same as Rex vs. Rex, using the Rex vs. Spino animation)

And finally, this one would be the best of them all,
Any Large Carn Besides Rex vs. Any Large Carn Besides Rex death duel. Usign the Rex vs. Spino Death Duel animation.

When does it end?

Never. Being this is a huge job, one that noone has ever attempted before, I don't even know how long it could take. Days, weeks, years, all I have to say, is the earlier the better, because If I'm not active when it's completed, you most likely won't get your reward.

RULES/STANDARDS:
-You can submit any skin you completed yourself, that was made at any time before or after this contest started, and it must be ingame with a download link. Extra credit if you put it ingame yourself. Must come with Ingame Screenshot.

-The mod has to be captured WORKING on video, with a download link for the edited files.

- THERE WILL BE NO WINNER IF LESS THAN 2 PEOPLE ENTER A SKIN.

- If you complete the skin, AND mod, and someone completes the skin, but not the mod, there will be a tie and no winner until the requirements are completed. Remember, the user title is best Modder/Skinner. THEY WILL GET THE BLACK USERNAME AND BE ON THE pro modder/skinner team.

ADDITIONAL REWARDS:
+15 Reputation
Black Bold Username
1000 JM Ca$h
Promotion to Pro Modder/Skinner

****AFTER EVERYONE HAS SUBMITTED, THERE WILL BE A POLL TO SEE WHO'S IS BEST, TO WHICH ANYONE CAN VOTE****

Let the contest begin.
EDIT: If you would like to join, just post it here. You can discuss the contest here, the actual poll when they are all submitted will be in a seperate topic.

its impossble to make a new death duel and death will be unrealistic fight just hope you make Realistic i will download but im not in just telling you.
jackmills98
jackmills98
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  spino77 Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:09 am

No its possible
spino77
spino77
Professional Skinner
Professional Skinner

Back to top Go down

Post  RaptorSpinoRex Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:08 am

ok i really want the pro skinner position, so i entry with my Carnotaurus skin and i will put a small carnotaurus mod soon:
Download!
Open **Pro Modder/Skinner Position Up for Grabs** Carno
Open **Pro Modder/Skinner Position Up for Grabs** Carnotaurusbyrsr
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Xf0tHzncI4
RaptorSpinoRex
RaptorSpinoRex
Professional Modder
Professional Modder

Back to top Go down

Post  jackmills98 Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:12 am

hey rsr you could do carno vs gastoina like allo vs anky Very Happy i would download the death duel cheers
jackmills98
jackmills98
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  RaptorSpinoRex Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:15 am

jackmills98 wrote:hey rsr you could do carno vs gastoina like allo vs anky Very Happy i would download the death duel cheers
i really sucks at these big mods
RaptorSpinoRex
RaptorSpinoRex
Professional Modder
Professional Modder

Back to top Go down

Post  spino77 Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:15 am

Allright then RSR Suspect its on!
spino77
spino77
Professional Skinner
Professional Skinner

Back to top Go down

Post  jackmills98 Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:17 am

RaptorSpinoRex wrote:
jackmills98 wrote:hey rsr you could do carno vs gastoina like allo vs anky Very Happy i would download the death duel cheers
i really sucks at these big mods

i change my mind i join the contest i try

i change the t-class allo to Trex and i play the game and the carno snap is like a Spino still working on it!
jackmills98
jackmills98
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:17 pm

Alrite, RSR is halfway there, all that's left is the mod.

I may consider making two separate usergroups, one for best modder, and one for best skinner, but I'd need all the other staff to agree.

Great work so far, guys!
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  RaptorSpinoRex Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:28 pm

Raging Raptor wrote:Alrite, RSR is halfway there, all that's left is the mod.

I may consider making two separate usergroups, one for best modder, and one for best skinner, but I'd need all the other staff to agree.

Great work so far, guys!
yes that is very good idea cause i'm not really good at modding but at skinning, and some other are not good at skinning but good at modding
RaptorSpinoRex
RaptorSpinoRex
Professional Modder
Professional Modder

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:30 pm

I have to get either Andrew and Gophers O.K, or Allo's O.k. It is his site, after all.
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Gopher Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:19 am

lol, I haven't seen allo in ages. Good thing we made you Admin! Whip

This contest may actually get me back to skinning....then again, it may not....good luck to contestants.
Gopher
Gopher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Raging Raptor Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:26 pm

Gopha Very Happy

Whadya think about a Skinner usergroup and a Modder usergroup, Eh?
Raging Raptor
Raging Raptor
Dino Moderator
Dino Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  spino77 Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:49 am

Gopher wrote:This contest may actually get me back to skinning....then again, it may not....good luck to contestants.
Please do, your spino skin pic looked awesome!!!
spino77
spino77
Professional Skinner
Professional Skinner

Back to top Go down

Post  jackmills98 Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:16 am

Yeah the Awsome spino is great for the Contest
jackmills98
jackmills98
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxtyrannus Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:17 am

ok heres my entry, i made two versions of her, one has better colors ( theyre both red) but the textures a bit hidden the second one has much more visible textures but less coloration so im only putting the pictures of the full color blood bath, ( textures one in the download) now to work on the mod

Blood Bath the Carcharadontosaurus

Open **Pro Modder/Skinner Position Up for Grabs** SimJP2010-07-1602-04-54-32

Open **Pro Modder/Skinner Position Up for Grabs** SimJP2010-07-1610-43-18-48

download ( contest requires it ) http://filebeam.com/57615914418f2502b3a282079451f4bb
Maxtyrannus
Maxtyrannus
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  jackmills98 Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:01 am

Maxtyrannus wrote:ok heres my entry, i made two versions of her, one has better colors ( theyre both red) but the textures a bit hidden the second one has much more visible textures but less coloration so im only putting the pictures of the full color blood bath, ( textures one in the download) now to work on the mod

Blood Bath the Carcharadontosaurus

Open **Pro Modder/Skinner Position Up for Grabs** SimJP2010-07-1602-04-54-32

Open **Pro Modder/Skinner Position Up for Grabs** SimJP2010-07-1610-43-18-48

download ( contest requires it ) http://filebeam.com/57615914418f2502b3a282079451f4bb

7/10 for the sKin! This Should be in the Skin Place
jackmills98
jackmills98
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxtyrannus Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:10 am

no it shouldn't because its my skin entry for the Pro-Skinner position <.<
Maxtyrannus
Maxtyrannus
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  jackmills98 Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:27 am

You will Not Win MT You won't be a Pro Skinner RSR Should be anyway.
jackmills98
jackmills98
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  RaptorSpinoRex Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:29 am

jackmills98 wrote:You will Not Win MT You won't be a Pro Skinner RSR Should be anyway.
thanks but do not offend Maxtyrannus!
it is better at skinning than you
RaptorSpinoRex
RaptorSpinoRex
Professional Modder
Professional Modder

Back to top Go down

Post  jackmills98 Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:34 am

i Know RSR. and you mean His better then you.
jackmills98
jackmills98
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next